Cup draw | Page 31 | Vital Football

Cup draw

Apparently allocation only 6,400. Very odd. If they are gonna give them our stand may as well flog all the tickets. Given away stand is normally 4800 it’s only an extra 1600 more. Even if all sales were adult, once the cash has been divided up it’s around an extra 22 grand or so. Hardly worth it given the Ill feeling and aggravation it’s caused.
Bahahahaha, all this for an extra 1,500 tickets. No doubt the end blocks and lower five rows all tarped up as it is for a league game and as it was for the City game five years ago.

Ben Goodman has had an absolute shocker and I bet he knows it.

With the extra £50k the club will make giving Utd fans our stand they can get cracking with the Wall of Hope, no doubt the hold up is down to finances, the money the fans donated has probably been doled out to some undeserved cause.
If the East is reduced to 6300 then that's only 900 more than the North so even if we got 30 quid for every ticket that's £27000 extra but that is split in two so we are going to be making £13500 extra. No point at all switching for that unless utd are getting 8000 tickets.

If the East is reduced to 6300 then that's only 900 more than the North so even if we got 30 quid for every ticket that's £27000 extra but that is split in two so we are going to be making £13500 extra. No point at all switching for that unless utd are getting 8000 tickets.
More like £9000 as the FA get a cut don't forget.

Utd have got *6,410 tickets...very strange that, unless if we'd given North, they were only going to get 4,600 and nowhere near 5,400.

*taken from away tickets section of their official website

Have i missed something here or what. Why put netting over the seats reducing capacity, isn't that defeating the "greed" motive?
That stand holds 8200, so if its about money why have they only been given a 1000 more than if they were in allocated seats in the North Stand. Idiotic ticketing by WAFC once again. Clueless f***wits don't deserve us loyal supporters.
They go on about our poor attendance then do this to the ones that actually come to watch. I am still seething with this decision.

The netting was over the seating for the city game reducing the stands capacity by over 3000, meaning it may not have been the most populous stand as claimed, the netting will not be over the seating for the cup game.
Told you! 6400 United fans in East. Just as there were 6400 Latics fans in v City. Still the biggest stand. (Okay I was 100 out). Pathetic we've gone to these lengths for an extra 1000 United fans

Yep, exactly what was the point of giving them the East. The extra money calculation is based on them all paying £30 too. Some will be kids/concessions so average ticket price is less and apparently we get 45% so we're looking at probably making an extra £10,000. Danson probably made that in interest on his money in the bank while I've been typing this.

I think it goes back to what I said a few days ago that the person who made the decision has no experience in football administration, particularly at Wigan. I suspect they saw ££ signs, made a decision and then GMP said actually that’s fine but capacity will be reduced. A bollock has been dropped, no doubt as the extra £20 grand in away sales just isn’t worth it, particularly with the loss of revenue from those of us boycotting. Sooner we get a proper management structure in place the better. It’s been six months, there’s no excuse anymore.

I wonder if the extra capacity will be used by GMP to move Mancs out of the Wigan end into their own stand for safety reasons?

Hope the Indie group will point out all of this ridiculous mistake, and ensure it does not happen again with any other situations. Speak with and listen fans in future.

It seems their gamble is paying off Frank, only WS1 and WS 10 available now, and not many of those, all the center tickets for North and South stands are pretty much gone and that is within 5 - 6 hours of going on sale, makes you wonder where all those outraged east standers who are not going would have sat.
I will be sat at home with a beer and not at the back of the nets where you can't see feck all
The netting was over the seating for the city game reducing the stands capacity by over 3000, meaning it may not have been the most populous stand as claimed, the netting will not be over the seating for the cup game.
If there is 22,000 will show my arse on Wigan lane Tuesday morning for utd. no chance 😁