Crystal Palace v NUFC | Page 3 | Vital Football

Crystal Palace v NUFC

Not when he had his own player to mark. Never mind your nauseating love for Lascelles; you are nauseating.

I've said on many occasions that I don't rate Lascelles at all but that's just another thing you are too blinkered to take on board

You can clearly see on the video that Clark ambles back from his little jaunt into midfield and 'comfortably' picks up Benteke and gets goal side of him knowing that he is his man - that's when he switches off and lets him get a free header off

You can attempt to dish out all the petty, childish insults you like but it is you that returns most weeks purely to blame Lascelles for stuff you clearly do not understand

Last edited:
There are 3 players against 2. Lascelles is marking nobody after letting Benteke wander off. It really is that simple.

All you do is prove my point further

You ignore the fact that Clark dived out of a set back line

You ignore the fact that Benteke moved into the space vacated by Clark

You ignore the fact that Clark actually got back and got goal side of Benteke

You ignore the fact that Benteke climbed all over Clark like he wasn't there (not Lascelles)

You ignore all of the above and put the blame solely on Lascelles

You're a fucking clown

Interesting debate if somewhat long winded. The outcome was the same the defending by whoever was piss poor. Luckily it’s the only chance he took he should have scored at least 3 but didn’t so onto next week. Nice easy game v Chelsea oops.

All you do is prove my point further

You ignore the fact that Clark dived out of a set back line

You ignore the fact that Benteke moved into the space vacated by Clark

You ignore the fact that Clark actually got back and got goal side of Benteke

You ignore the fact that Benteke climbed all over Clark like he wasn't there (not Lascelles)

You ignore all of the above and put the blame solely on Lascelles

You're a fucking clown

I’m not ignoring anything. Clark had his own man to mark and was placed into a ridiculous predicament by Lascelles and had to deal with two men, hence 3 v 2. Clark, whilst shit, is continuously put in these predicaments on a weekly basis by Lascelles.

🤡

I’m not ignoring anything. Clark had his own man to mark and was placed into a ridiculous predicament by Lascelles and had to deal with two men, hence 3 v 2. Clark, whilst shit, is continuously put in these predicaments on a weekly basis by Lascelles.

🤡

The goal had absolutely fuck all to do with 3v2 - It was conceded because Clark was as weak as piss and was back pedaling because he was ball watching

Last edited:
Lascelles was poor, but he always is. I dunno what Schar has to do to get a game. Biggest problem for me was at left full back. Richie just isn't a full back. Not his fault. But he isn't. Teams recognise this and just play through him at will.

The goal had absolutely fuck all to do with 3v2 - It was conceded because Clark was as weak as piss and was back pedaling because he was ball watching

You mean Lascelles’ man scored a header whilst Clark was trying to mark two men. One of said men being the one Lascelles left.

Question 1: did Lascelles leave his man?
Question 2: did said man score?
Question 3: when said man scored, does the replay show three Palace players against two Newcastle defenders?

FFS - Benteke wasn't Lascelle's man - Benteke was every fucker's man depending on where he was on the pitch

Clark knew fuck all about the 3 on 2 as he was running backwards facing the ball - it was a straight competition between Clark and Benteke and Clark couldn't get off the ground

Last edited:
It's like watching paint dry this analysis & obsession of Lascelles, he's a shit defender as are all the back 4 who played v Palace.Thank fuck none of them will be here this time next season. Maybe it's time to move on?

FFS - Benteke wasn't Lascelle's man - Benteke was every fucker's man depending on where he was on the pitch

Clark knew fuck all about the 3 on 2 as he was running backwards facing the ball - it was a straight competition between Clark and Benteke and Clark couldn't get off the ground

So there was three on two with Clark marking his own man. Thanks for clarifying question three.

Now please answer the other questions. Ta.

It's like watching paint dry this analysis & obsession of Lascelles, he's a shit defender as are all the back 4 who played v Palace.Thank fuck none of them will be here this time next season. Maybe it's time to move on?

Agreed - I'm losing the will to live myself

The place could do with more of your tales of the Fells or vague references to 80's politics to help it tick over

I'm not here to entertain dull fuckers

Was just trying to play the peacemaker in what seems like a battle of egos with you & O.M.Do you know each other?
My tales of the Fells & vague politics are both contemporary & agree the site needs some help in ticking over!
As regarding entertaining "dull fuckers" don't engage.

Was just trying to play the peacemaker in what seems like a battle of egos with you & O.M.Do you know each other?
My tales of the Fells & vague politics are both contemporary & agree the site needs some help in ticking over!
As regarding entertaining "dull fuckers" don't engage.

There is next to nothing posted in-between match threads at the minute on here - if it wasn't for this tedious engagement (and I am fully aware it is tedious) there would be little else

I never understand the commenting on threads as if the entertainment isn't of a sufficient quality for the reader

If a thread is shite move on and don't read it

At least we seem to be reaching a consensus though that the whole of the defensive unit is shite, not just Lascelles - which is my only point

Aye,think you've nailed it in your 1st point.The strength & variety of posters on the board attracted me to it.Maybe we should start a thread on how our team are about to embark on competing with the best teams in the world at fkn last & speak about our Dogs & our Town.

Last edited:
Forum:
a website or web page where users can put comments about a particular issue or topic and reply to other users' comments.

I don't see a problem, especially as we are not forced to read anything we don't want to.

Aye,think you've nailed it in your 1st point.The strength & variety of posters on the board attracted me to it.Maybe we should start a thread on how our team are about to embark on competing with the best teams in the world at fkn last & speak about our Dogs & our Town.
Aye, the takeover seems to have created a huge sense of anti-climax on here Ry.
Maybe's the interest will pick up if/when the dosh is splashed.

There is next to nothing posted in-between match threads at the minute on here - if it wasn't for this tedious engagement (and I am fully aware it is tedious) there would be little else

I never understand the commenting on threads as if the entertainment isn't of a sufficient quality for the reader

If a thread is shite move on and don't read it

At least we seem to be reaching a consensus though that the whole of the defensive unit is shite, not just Lascelles - which is my only point
I still believe it's the midfield where the real problems are, similar to the problems Liverpool exposed at Man U
Jones at least recognised this and tried to address it Sunday gone.