Cricket World Cup, 2019. | Page 18 | Vital Football

Cricket World Cup, 2019.

From a decent position we’ve certainly let them back into the game. Will, you’re right - we’ve had this problem for a while in regards mopping up the tail.

Anderson’s injury will likely rule him out of the series unfortunately and will be a big blow.

Yeah, 152-1 now since they lost the 8th wicket. It'll be a real pity if they get to 300 after the position they were in.

He is unrealistically negative, and I would like him not to be.
He doesn’t like me wanting that so he becomes offensive towards me.
That’s the simple explanation.
No doubt he will have far more complicated explanation involving lots of big words that the less intelligent have to google to find out what they mean :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'll be elated if Rory Burns gets his maiden international hundred in the first Ashes Test. Just 18 more to get now for him.

A very good day for England so far. Let's hope we can keep it up in the final session.

I’m glad the batsmen up to now have shown that haven’t forgotten what test cricket is. If we can bat at least another session and a half we should be past 400 and I reckon we could win from that position.
450 or even 500 and we will win.

Disappointing first session. We need some lower order hitting now from Broad and Woakes to hopefully try and push the lead to around 50. It will be difficult now though.

It’s going to be damned hard all month unless they can find a way to get that goblin faced little get out.
Ugly as sin to watch...but he just doesn’t make mistakes (the selfish sod)

It’s going to be damned hard all month unless they can find a way to get that goblin faced little get out.
Ugly as sin to watch...but he just doesn’t make mistakes (the selfish sod)

Half English too which pisses you off even more.

Denly is so bad at this level. I have no idea why he was picked for this tour. He has had two opportunities in this game in decent batting conditions and has failed in both of them, as well as several other opportunities in the West Indies where he failed in all but one innings. I would honestly put James Hildreth in at number 4. He isn't in the best of form, but he has been scoring runs consistently for the past 4-5 years and averages 7 more than Denly in FC cricket.

Now root is batting 3 I agree there doesn’t seem a place for Denly now as there are better options out there.

I’m still not convinced by Roy opening in this format Will, I don’t think he has the technique. No issue with him at 4 but there is still the problem of finding an opener.

Now root is batting 3 I agree there doesn’t seem a place for Denly now as there are better options out there.

I’m still not convinced by Roy opening in this format Will, I don’t think he has the technique. No issue with him at 4 but there is still the problem of finding an opener.

I think one of the problems with Roy is that he often pushes at the ball with 'hard hands' so his edges often fly to the slips. He gets squared up easily as well. But I do think he'll come good as an opener in Tests if he's just given time. I may well be wrong though.

Last edited:
I see Hasim Amla has retired from international cricket. Bit surprising given they are playing england this winter at home - I’d have thought he would have retired after that series. Brilliant batsman in his prime. Perhaps getting crowned by Archer in the World Cup convinced him his reactions weren’t good enough any more. Steyn has also retired in the last few days and lots of speculation about the captain too. Big holes to fill for the Proteus.

I see Hasim Amla has retired from international cricket. Bit surprising given they are playing england this winter at home - I’d have thought he would have retired after that series. Brilliant batsman in his prime. Perhaps getting crowned by Archer in the World Cup convinced him his reactions weren’t good enough any more. Steyn has also retired in the last few days and lots of speculation about the captain too. Big holes to fill for the Proteus.

I'll always remember Amla for that 311* against us in 2012. The standard of cricket in that series was immense and there was so much at stake with the two sides vying for the World No.1 spot! I was just getting into cricket at the time and saw my second ever live Test match during that series (the Lord's test). Good times, and it was great to see Amla bat. It's a shame that the KP controversy overshadowed the series in a way, though.

What SA would give for that top order of Smith, Petersen, Amla Kallis, de Villiers now. Just like we'd give anything for Strauss, Cook, Trott, Bell, Pietersen, Prior...

Pity about the derby being rained off but hey... another point to the tally and we remain at the top of the table, and unbeaten! This is a brilliant campaign for Lancashire so far.

A little prediction... Saqib Mahmood will play in the 2020 World T20.