Cricket World Cup, 2019. | Vital Football

Cricket World Cup, 2019.

Will_Shahane

Vital Squad Member
Just thought I'd put this up for anyone who's interested, as the CWC 2019 has started today, with England playing the opening match against South Africa, as we speak. People tend not to look so much at the 'Off Topic' section, so thought I'd just put it here and given that it's a separate thread it shouldn't interfere at all with the football talk.

Game is finely balanced here. I'd say our score was slightly below par. De kock has had a huge stroke of fortune - bowled by Rashid and the ball deviated 45 degrees yet the bail wasn't dislodged. Incredible really. Butler has shelled one as well. South Africa favourites as it stands, though a few wickets could change that.

Cricket isn't a game for everyone. To follow it requires intelligence, & someone who understands the art of strategy, tactics and how the mind works.

20-20, one day, or county/test, each is a separate challenge in it's own right.

Simpler games are available for those who can't understand the complexities of such a noble game as cricket.

:rolleyes:
:innocent:
:whist:

Game is finely balanced here. I'd say our score was slightly below par. De kock has had a huge stroke of fortune - bowled by Rashid and the ball deviated 45 degrees yet the bail wasn't dislodged. Incredible really. Butler has shelled one as well. South Africa favourites as it stands, though a few wickets could change that.

Yeah, I could see it going down to the last couple of overs, and maybe even the last over, to be honest. That was an expensive over from Moeen Ali... these last couple of overs have really shifted the momentum in South Africa's favour, and they'll have been bolstered by the news that Hashim Amla is returning to bat later in the day. I fear for us now tbh.

Get in! That is a massive wicket, as de Kock departs for 68. Plunkett does have a brilliant knack of taking wickets in the middle overs.

Site Moderator, could this thread be moved to off topic please, let these intelligent people discuss it there.

Thanks in advance.

Will, hadn't heard that Amal was returning - to be honest I'm surprised he left the field he didn't seem in any distress/discomfort. Head injury though so obviously summat up and difficult to assess just by watching pictures.

Stormin, get a life lad.

Erm .....Site Moderator, ..........Off Topic is rarely (is ever) used these days, and to be honest, just like the Brexit one, a thread with the title "Cricket World Cup, 2019" is surely sufficiently self-explanatory as to it's likely subject matter that it's clear enough to be avoided by uninterested posters..........even by Rugger fans.

Leave it where it is, eh.
Ta.
;)

Will, hadn't heard that Amal was returning - to be honest I'm surprised he left the field he didn't seem in any distress/discomfort. Head injury though so obviously summat up and difficult to assess just by watching pictures.

Stormin, get a life lad.

Edit. Just walked back out to bat. Wicket maiden from Archer that.

As the football season is over I see no problem with posters talking Cricket, Wimbledon or Open Golf in the meantime, people love sport and talking about sport, all good banter, let's leave it on topic

I don't get the furore over Stokes catch. It was good, but why is it the "greatest catch ever"? It was in the air for a while so he was able to position himself for it.

If you go on YouTube and search Cricket Catches, there's 10 minutes of amazing catches and most are better. Not saying it wasnt good - just the need to label it the greatest ever....

I don't get the furore over Stokes catch. It was good, but why is it the "greatest catch ever"? It was in the air for a while so he was able to position himself for it.

If you go on YouTube and search Cricket Catches, there's 10 minutes of amazing catches and most are better. Not saying it wasnt good - just the need to label it the greatest ever....
You played cricket where? Who for? What level? I'm guessing you're an armchair sportsman!

We’ll stroll to the semis before bottling it in typical England fashion. At least the group stage will be fun, looking forward to the Afghanistan match.