#COVID19 | Page 1289 | Vital Football

#COVID19

No one commenting on the end of covid rules?

Much of it i dont have a problem with but cant help thinking the end of testing and isolation payments are just throwing the poor under a bus.

Still waiting for that police investigation, good job its only to see if the PM broke the law and not something more important.
It doesn't really matter what they do, the poor are always thrown under the bus.

This decision was probably primarily about businesses not having to accept covid absences from staff any more.

He's wrecking the place at the moment.
His clean air zone will ruin local businesses in the area, including where i work, which is over the canal from Manchester. They may well lose up to 60% of their staff once people have to pay an extra tenner to go to work.
The entire city is constantly covered in unnecessary roadworks, and the rest is being beset by ugly, shitty blocks of flats for Russian oligarchs to own.
How much of this is down to Burnham is questionable, but the place is becoming more of a mess and he is overseeing it.

Burnham would have had very little input into Manchester Clean Air zone, if any at all.

Clean Air zones are run by the Joint Air Quality Unit which is a partnership between the Department of Transport and DEFRA.

The Department of Infrastructure will be responsible for the Roadworks and Councils have had very little say in building works for quite a while now.

Burnham would have had very little input into Manchester Clean Air zone, if any at all.

Clean Air zones are run by the Joint Air Quality Unit which is a partnership between the Department of Transport and DEFRA.

The Department of Infrastructure will be responsible for the Roadworks and Councils have had very little say in building works for quite a while now.
I'll defer to you on that cos i don't really know what i'm on about.

Maybe everything i said was bs, but this is definitely how people around here see things. I talk to alot of taxi drivers and people from around the area and they mostly hate Burnham because of the CAZ, so he has done a poor job of distancing himself from it.

Maybe everything i said was bs, but this is definitely how people around here see things. I talk to alot of taxi drivers and people from around the area and they mostly hate Burnham because of the CAZ, so he has done a poor job of distancing himself from it.
Burnham was suggestting he had fought against many of these proposals or at least in the way they were implimented. Seemed indeed that he/the councils had no input whatsoever

When the big Government departments set their minds on projects it is very rare that even a large council like Manchester would be able to either stop it or influence it. Local MPs will have also been ‘asked politely’ not to comment too much…

This article implies that the 500 square mile scheme was Burnham's idea. Most other schemes cover much smaller areas.

Mr Grundy said: "The Greater Manchester Mayoral Clean Air Zone scheme, effectively a congestion charge affecting all 500 square miles of Greater Manchester, including my constituents in Leigh, is a job-destroying tax on ordinary workers.

"We all want clean air, but the model proposed by Mayor Burnham is unworkable and economically devastating with charges of £60 per day, per lorry driver.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...is-johnson-calls-greater-manchesters-22959246

I would not doubt that for one minute.

Burnham was having to deny claims of favouritism last week when he was faced with allegations that he had given work to a Company his wife works for.

His wife works for a Company who install charge points for Electric vehicles; Burnham recused himself from all meetings involving the work but it did not stop the shit being thrown.

Let’s be honest the rules haven’t stopped because it’s the right thing to do they have stopped so the butcher can save himself & bluster on about how the U.K. is the first country to do it & we should ignore boring things like lying to parliament or getting on for 200,000 people dying.

Let’s be honest the rules haven’t stopped because it’s the right thing to do they have stopped so the butcher can save himself & bluster on about how the U.K. is the first country to do it & we should ignore boring things like lying to parliament or getting on for 200,000 people dying.

He is certainly the very first PM in our history to be questioned under caution but it seems like that is no longer a resigning matter. For him obviously, for you and me, all the usual rules still apply.

Will Andy Burnham save Labour.

He would defo do a better job than that centrists wet dream Starmer and that back stabbing cow Rayner who have literally done what they said Corbyn and Abbott would do but have done it without all the attacks from the media, the centrists and the right of the party

Who could have foreseen that ....I wonder

Burnham and Zarah Sultana combination would certainly get them on track