#COVID19 | Page 759 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Not sure if y'all seen this, the Mrs sent it to my folks who live in Southwell...

https://nottsccg.nhs.uk/covid-19/covid-19-vaccination-in-nottingham-and-nottinghamshire/

Don't know if it has already been mentioned, but in 12 weeks time we will need another massive expansion at the same rate as now , if things aren't going to slow down. If 2 million are vaccinated this week, we will need to expand vaccination capacity by two million in 12 weeks time in order that the "second dosers" don't slow things down. We will then have to expand at the same rate we are now continuously ( for a few months probably) in order not to slow the rate of first jabs.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/18/1-in-...hbnNRplYE0miOakWrj5Itwi4SODj5dXhAZNZ6-6DNRe1w

A third of hospitalised patients are back in within 140 days and a 1 in 8 die.
"Researchers at the UK’s Leicester University and the Office for National Statistics found that out of 47,780 people discharged from the hospital, 29.4 percent were readmitted within 140 days, the Telegraph reported."

A) This reinforces what a mockery the "28 days since a positive covid test" arbitrary threshold is.
B) We seriously have to invest in dealing with this in the very near future. Pressure on beds is stark right now. A third of them will already be readmissions and, of those who aren't, a third will be back within a few months.

Nearly 40,000 are in hospital right now. I don't know what the current cumulative total of hospitalisations is.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/18/1-in-...hbnNRplYE0miOakWrj5Itwi4SODj5dXhAZNZ6-6DNRe1w

A third of hospitalised patients are back in within 140 days and a 1 in 8 die.
"Researchers at the UK’s Leicester University and the Office for National Statistics found that out of 47,780 people discharged from the hospital, 29.4 percent were readmitted within 140 days, the Telegraph reported."

A) This reinforces what a mockery the "28 days since a positive covid test" arbitrary threshold is.
B) We seriously have to invest in dealing with this in the very near future. Pressure on beds is stark right now. A third of them will already be readmissions and, of those who aren't, a third will be back within a few months.

Nearly 40,000 are in hospital right now. I don't know what the current cumulative total of hospitalisations is.
I would bet that a significant number of readmissions happen within 24 hours, let alone 140 days.

People are being sent home still incredibly ill. I have a friend who is a care coordinator in Manc and she tells me stories all the time of patients being sent home unable to walk, barely able to breath etc. and having to go straight back to hospital as soon as someone competent (ie not family) sees the state they are in.
Its been happening for the entire duration of covid.

I send you an article by an actual scientist who can decipher genetic codes and has worked with Wuhan. You completely ignored it and continued with your conspiracy theory nonsense.

What's your opinion on Climate Change?

Sorry for the tardy reply, but you asked me my opinion on climate change, so to be polite, here it is.

The climate is changing which is scientifically undeniable. I don’t much too care for the way in which it’s often framed with phrases like ‘save the planet’, as such language can be as counterproductive as it is emotive; the planet will be fine, long after we have chuffed up our time on it. The more correct, but not as catchy or emotive narration, might be ‘preserve human existence’. This though has a twinge of selfishness about it, but in reality this is the motive.

On that, and I know this is a tiny digression away from an opinion solely on climate change, but I abhor the devastation of innocent bystanders by us; palm oil desire destroying natural habitat for our nearest and dearest primates, pollution of the seas, burning of rainforests, the list is shamefully long in our consumption of all resources. Add to that the medieval medicinal [sic] 'ingredients' used in traditional medication makes me weep.

What can be done about it? This is the $million question, yes keeping fossilised hydrocarbons in the ground makes oodles of sense which is not limited to the release of CO2, transitioning to renewables makes excellent fiscal sense as well as environmental. The UK is a leading nation in doing this and the Government's Green pledge, though ambitious, should create real opportunities to embrace the need. I caveat that with targeted tax incentives, rewards and the like from Westminster.

For us to ‘save the planet’ though, China, The US, much of Africa must join the gang, otherwise it may all be in vein.

We can possibly hold Giant Pandas hostage until they give in, as these appear to be the only animals China care about and don't eat.

Sorry for the tardy reply, but you asked me my opinion on climate change, so to be polite, here it is.

The climate is changing which is scientifically undeniable. I don’t much too care for the way in which it’s often framed with phrases like ‘save the planet’, as such language can be as counterproductive as it is emotive; the planet will be fine, long after we have chuffed up our time on it. The more correct, but not as catchy or emotive narration, might be ‘preserve human existence’. This though has a twinge of selfishness about it, but in reality this is the motive.

On that, and I know this is a tiny digression away from an opinion solely on climate change, but I abhor the devastation of innocent bystanders by us; palm oil desire destroying natural habitat for our nearest and dearest primates, pollution of the seas, burning of rainforests, the list is shamefully long in our consumption of all resources. Add to that the medieval medicinal [sic] 'ingredients' used in traditional medication makes me weep.

What can be done about it? This is the $million question, yes keeping fossilised hydrocarbons in the ground makes oodles of sense which is not limited to the release of CO2, transitioning to renewables makes excellent fiscal sense as well as environmental. The UK is a leading nation in doing this and the Government's Green pledge, though ambitious, should create real opportunities to embrace the need. I caveat that with targeted tax incentives, rewards and the like from Westminster.

For us to ‘save the planet’ though, China, The US, much of Africa must join the gang, otherwise it may all be in vein.

We can possibly hold Giant Pandas hostage until they give in, as these appear to be the only animals China care about and don't eat.

Africa is a bizarre one to single out, per capita we average over 20x more...

I've been pretty complimentary of some of the stated aims of this government, though to be clear it still is not enough.

This is promising: https://www.theguardian.com/environ...es-race-ahead-with-five-minute-charging-times

I have friends in to anti-poaching in Africa.

One of them said the best way to stop poaching in Africa is to do a tit-for-tat and poach a panda any time an animal is poached in Africa.

I've been pretty complimentary of some of the stated aims of this government, though to be clear it still is not enough.

This is promising: https://www.theguardian.com/environ...es-race-ahead-with-five-minute-charging-times

Yes, it was the trajectory with some African nations which is of alarm which I didn't explain.

The fast charge would be a game changer. It is one of a few reasons why at the moment an all electric vehicle is not for me; that and the charging infrastructure.

Last edited:
Good luck if you do.

If the amount they owe you is less than the amount of money/ time it will cost you to go to court to get your money - good luck.

If you are in a jurisdiction where a judge is likely be open to being bribed and it will be cheaper to bribe the judge than to pay you - good luck.

If it will be cheaper for them to cause you other problems than not paying you so that you back off from chasing your money - good luck.

Well I'm not.

Yes, it was the trajectory with some African nations which is of alarm which I didn't explain.

The fast charge would be a game changer. It is one of a few reasons why at the moment an all electric vehicle is not for me; that and the charging infrastructure.

The only realistic alternative to developing nations following a similar trajectory to us is absolutely massive investment there. Given what we've done to our foreign aid budget...

Glad someone made that point. Not only do africans consume way way less than us, they also use much more solar and biomass energy.

Africa is still africa but might surprise some people to learn there is a bit more there these days than straw huts.

It is a positive but in reality it is about alot more than just cars. Energy is a big issue cos its connected to power quite literally.

Enough clean energy such as a fission system that worked could produce all the drinking water we need and for agriculture without putting existing networks under stress through desalination.

All of the technology both material and social exists to solve these problems, its the political will and impact on global geo-political leverage that prevents this.

We will either learn to evolve and work together more in harmony with the environment or mother nature will do it for us. Personally, my money is on mother nature, as a species we seem to learn at a glacial pace.

It is a positive but in reality it is about alot more than just cars. Energy is a big issue cos its connected to power quite literally.

Enough clean energy such as a fission system that worked could produce all the drinking water we need and for agriculture without putting existing networks under stress through desalination.

All of the technology both material and social exists to solve these problems, its the political will and impact on global geo-political leverage that prevents this.

We will either learn to evolve and work together more in harmony with the environment or mother nature will do it for us. Personally, my money is on mother nature, as a species we seem to learn at a glacial pace.

Whilst I don't disagree, there is the public perception of a Chernobyl II.

Unfortunately we are constrained by the first law of thermodynamics here, and as the demand for energy increases the supply needs to be there.
It's chicken and egg as you need to convert the energy ready for the demand, but not convert too much that gets wasted.

Glad someone made that point. Not only do africans consume way way less than us, they also use much more solar and biomass energy.

Africa is still africa but might surprise some people to learn there is a bit more there these days than straw huts.

Thanks in part to our overseas aid budget, which is one of the most generous around.

I dunno, teaching transgender equality studies in Pakistan has its place!

I doubt that that happens and if it does, it's fairly preposterous.

I was talking about that some of the money gets put in to areas that don't add a lot of value, sometimes in areas that are counterproductive to these countries becoming less aid dependent; a lot of the money gets misappropriated either directly stolen by officials from the benefiting body or indirectly through corruption and the inflation of projects costs.

Aid money would be better spent trying to strengthen democratic processes, financial transparency and financial management, otherwise a large part of it is just British taxpayers' money going down the shitter to prop up authoritarian regimes and grand levels of corruption with very little benefit going to the intended beneficiaries.