#COVID19 | Page 907 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Weirdly, it can be both.

So you can be cautious by letting people die by not vaccinating ? My understanding is they don't have unlimited supplies of the others to replace it. WHO have approved it, and are saying carry on. The same with the EU's own European Medicines Agency. The same in the UK , and as far as I'm aware the same in the USA. Macron was quite happy to tell people it didn't work with no proof whatsoever. Germany wasn't any better. As I've said before the EU has raided the AZ offices, installed an Irish border and restricted vaccine exports. Just think what they would have done if they thought the stuff actually worked.

According to AZ 40 people have died from clots, from 17 million vaccinations, which they say is actually LESS than you would expect in the normal population of the same age.

Two of your dumber questions.

If you think they are dumb then fair enough. Personally, I think they are very valid questions. You see, you EU fanatics spend all your time telling leavers how thick they and what WE ourselves think of politicians/organisations/etc(e.g "Of course, since all politicians in eu countries are the devil incarnate...") but we never get to see your thoughts on these matters. I'll be honest it does appear that you have great faith in these sociopaths (except Tory ones and Corbyn, of course) to provide wonderful lives for everyone so I was just wondering if that was the case; it appears that only the UK has heartless, selfish bastards running the country in your view.

You might want to pin suspensions on the ludicrous and objectionable notion that bureaucrats in the EU are happy, if not eager, to sacrifice citizens' lives to protect The Project but there is a fundamental difference. The difference is that vaccination is an intervention. Suspensions are to prevent inadvertently actively causing harm. First, do no harm.

It isn't like they can use the suspension to account for delays due to their procurement policy if you are simultaneously making the argument that there are loads of vaccines waiting on shelves. So A) probably not a ploy to allow a bit of time to build up stocks, and B) not likely to be some sort of plan to never use the vaccines they do have just because some brits seem to think they are British.

Of course, since all politicians in eu countries are the devil incarnate with a vendetta against blighty, there might be an even more macabre Option C. However a more plausible reason would be that they are just following long-established procedures to protect their citizens and it will all be settled this week or next.

The EU have you good 'n proper, it's a sort of low resolution Stockholm Syndrome.

Do you really believe that if the AZ vaccine was French, that Macron et al would be behaving like this? Of course not. The EU is all about protectionism and Brexit has squared this overnight. They are politicising this. You talk to people in France and they question why the UK are pressing ahead with this dangerous vaccine, the narrative that comes from on high is exactly this.

They should be being servile and apologetic, not aggressive and defensive.

Day 1: 'We must stop exports of the AZ vaccine to Australia to preserve our supplies'
Day 2: 'The vaccine is dangerous and doesn't work'
Day 3: 'AZ have let us down with delivery'
Day 4: 'This vaccine causes clots.'

It'd be comical if it wasn't so tragic.
They've now arranged a meeting for Thursday to discuss is. Thursday!!? Thousands more people will have died across the bloc by then, but when your raison d'être is junkets and 2 hour lunches, then that seems fast.

Three quarters of countries in Europe have rising numbers of infections this week. The EU are fiddling while Rome burns.

They chuffed up the procurement and they are now going through a group ass-saving game of soggy biscuit, by pointing over the channel again. It's pathetically transparent to all who's eyes are open.

It's become clear that Brexit has been an absolute disaster for Europe. The only handbrake on the idiots who thought the Euro was a good idea has been removed.
They never learn from their mistakes just double down.

Last edited:
The EU have you good 'n proper, it's a sort of low resolution Stockholm Syndrome.

Do you really believe that if the AZ vaccine was French, that Macron et al would be behaving like this? Of course not. The EU is all about protectionism and Brexit has squared this overnight. They are politicising this. You talk to people in France and they question why the UK are pressing ahead with this dangerous vaccine, the narrative that comes from on high is exactly this.

They should be being servile and apologetic, not aggressive and defensive.

Day 1: 'We must stop exports of the AZ vaccine to Australia to preserve our supplies'
Day 2: 'The vaccine is dangerous and doesn't work'
Day 3: 'AZ have let us down with delivery'
Day 4: 'This vaccine causes clots.'

It'd be comical if it wasn't so tragic.
They've now arranged a meeting for Thursday to discuss is. Thursday!!? Thousands more people will have died across the bloc by then, but when your raison d'être is junkets and 2 hour lunches, then that seems fast.

Three quarters of countries in Europe have rising numbers of infections this week. The EU are fiddling while Rome burns.

They chuffed up the procurement and they are now going through a group ass-saving game of soggy biscuit, by pointing over the channel again. It's pathetically transparent to all who's eyes are open.

It's become clear that Brexit has been an absolute disaster for Europe. The only handbrake on the idiots who thought the Euro was a good idea has been removed.
They never learn from their mistakes just double down.

The EU are behaving stupidly but as pointed out to you despite everything they’re only 2 or 3 weeks behind us despite their size difference & our amazing head start as for the rest of that bullshit if you genuinely think there’s been more advantages than less then you’re delusional.

88421F00-C47C-4868-B845-796D30B95720.jpeg

Not a fan of this rag but they’re the only front page covering this disgraceful action by the butcher in his dog whistling to gammon whilst ignoring the actual problems

I don't want to get involved in Brexit since I'm not a UK citizen any more but this post by Strett hits the spot. The EU started this business with the AZ being suspect and it's not taken long to gain momentum in spite of ALL the information I've read and heard saying exactly the opposite. It looks as though the only intention of the EU is to try and discredit the UK.

I'll be taking my shot of the vaccine sometime soon and it will be the AZ, and glad to get it.

He had been involved in virology but of the equine variety...it's anti-vaccer bullshit designed to pull in the gullible (no offence) by appearing palatable and moderate.

He likes to link himself to places like Cornell University where tbf he did also study, at the Animal Institute...

So no, he is not a world leading expert, unless that is your horse has a cold?

I looked at his linked in page where he claims to have been involved with human and veterinary vaccination. Its not so much i believed him, i dont believe anything these days, but what you say, apparent credibility. It is videos such as this and the lack of transparency by govt that feeds anxiety imo

The EU are behaving stupidly but as pointed out to you despite everything they’re only 2 or 3 weeks behind us despite their size difference & our amazing head start as for the rest of that bullshit if you genuinely think there’s been more advantages than less then you’re delusional.

2 or 3 weeks behind, actual LOL. Your Stockholm Syndrome is 4k!!

I’m going by evidence I know you leavers aren’t that bothered about that sort of stuff but maybe take down the bunting that people are dying & try reading something

Show your workings then, not a link from The Guardian.

To start, the EU as of today, has vaccinated 10% of their population, the UK had done that by January 23rd. They are nearer 2 months behind, than 2 weeks.

Last edited:
I’m going by evidence I know you leavers aren’t that bothered about that sort of stuff but maybe take down the bunting that people are dying & try reading something

The EU has as of today vaccinated 10% of their population, the UK had done that by January 23rd.

What do these words have in common: Indonesia, Thailand, Norway, Democratic Republic of the Congo?
All countries with a political axe to grind against plucky brits, and for which I have Stockholm Syndrome, apparently.

Look, I think the suspension is wrong (as I said). I think the suspension is damaging (as I said). I think it will be restarted very soon (as I said). The EMA doesn't really have an axe to grind and it is their decision. They are following a process which was put in place for very good reasons.
Macron was wrong to say what he did (as I said) and right to change his mind and announce that he would take AZ when offered.
Merkel continues to receive blame for not taking it when she simply wasn't allowed to. If this is their political calculation then it was a rather poor one given we know how much the public love a good vaccination programme. If you really think they are deliberately pausing vaccinating their populations to get one over on Boris or improve their polling, you are barking mad.

I don't want to get involved in Brexit since I'm not a UK citizen any more but this post by Strett hits the spot. The EU started this business with the AZ being suspect and it's not taken long to gain momentum in spite of ALL the information I've read and heard saying exactly the opposite. It looks as though the only intention of the EU is to try and discredit the UK.

I'll be taking my shot of the vaccine sometime soon and it will be the AZ, and glad to get it.
The EMA have long established processes (since well before brexit) for assessing new drugs. They were surprised that the brits broke from that and approved when they did. They are perfectly entitled to protect themselves and those they represent by not clearing a new product until they are sure. We all wish they could have arrived at that sooner but it is not really anything to do with Macron or Merkel.

Macron, president of France, said something stupid about data for the over 65s (only) - probably because he didn't understand, maybe because he is upset about brexit, who knows - perhaps both.
He subsequently said it was safe and effective and that he would have it.
“The Haute Autorité de Santé now considers as of today that all three vaccines that we have in France have a remarkable efficacy to protect people against the risk of severe forms of Covid-19,” said the minister.
“As a result, I can announce that from now on people aged 50 and above who have co-morbidities such as diabetes, high blood pressure or a history of cancer can be vaccinated with AstraZeneca, including those aged 65 to 74.”
Mr Véran however said that those aged 74 and above will be administered Pfizer or Moderna jabs.
The country earlier cited a lack of data in its refusal to approve the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine for the elderly and vulnerable populations.

They have sufficient Pfizer and Moderna stock for the over 74s and they believe (probably correctly) that there is more data for those treatments in that age bracket. There is literally nothing wrong with that stance.

Find me a representative of the EU that said it doesn't work or is unsafe?

Like Strett and Lienking have been saying, if they didn't think it was any good, why were they so keen to get hold of it?

In addition, AZ are only going to deliver 45% of what they promised. Who wouldn't be angry about that?