#COVID19 | Page 738 | Vital Football

#COVID19

School kids back in class is literally the only difference between what we have now and tier 4 as far as I can see.

In some schools it's more a difference of how many children you have in the class.

Tier 4 offers no benefits to the lives of anyone who doesn't have children or isn't a child as far as I can tell
Agreed.
But that is a lot of people.

I was really comparing it with the very real possibility that lockdown would not have been sufficient to reduce or even hold levels of infection. If it holds up, this is good news.

Agreed.
But that is a lot of people.

I was really comparing it with the very real possibility that lockdown would not have been sufficient to reduce or even hold levels of infection. If it holds up, this is good news.
On what basis are they saying T4 is enough though?

Nottingham was T4 for just over a week, as was most of the country

We haven't really seen what the new varient does in schools yet. From what I've read of what they do know, it's not good unfortunately.

What is this thing about tier 4 working?

On what basis are they saying T4 is enough though?

Nottingham was T4 for just over a week, as was most of the country

We haven't really seen what the new varient does in schools yet. From what I've read of what they do know, it's not good unfortunately.

What is this thing about tier 4 working?
Like I said, it's just an early indication, not a firm conclusion.
The new variant has been around since well before schools shut. Tier 4 has been going longer in some places than others.

Have a read of this thread. Christina Pagel is on IndySAGE, who some might think are a bit more doom-monger-ish than regular SAGE.

I don’t want to sound like one of the nutters but the media giving the Tories a free pass to starve poor children & keep tax payer money is utterly disgusting & I fail to see how any decent human can defend it.

I should probably blame Israel (not the Jews as that’s different) then I can be fully embraced by saint Jeremy of Corbyn who has the same initials JC as Jesus one of the prophets of Islam (peace be upon him)

Last edited:
You're not the only people with a feeble Govt, we have one as well. It appears that not only that we don't get the vaccine until March but when that happens what we get is the one which is only 60% proved. I forget the name but that information is correct.

It reminds me of the expression used when I was a kid "ote's better than note".
I didn't like it then and I feel just the same now.

I don’t want to sound like one of the nutters but the media giving the Tories a free pass to starve poor children & keep tax payer money is utterly disgusting & I fail to see how any decent human can defend it.

I should probably blame Israel (not the Jews as that’s different) then I can be fully embraced by saint Jeremy of Corbyn who has the same initials JC as Jesus one of the prophets of Islam (peace be upon him)
You and CP are obsessed! Get over it!