#COVID19 | Page 737 | Vital Football

#COVID19

You are probably correct. Didn't personally use it and as a casual observer I was under the impression it helped out a sector hugely impacted at a time, when community infection was very low.
Unfortunately it distracted from the main message which was to try and stop the virus spreading. People used it in their droves almost in relief and it must have been a contributory factor in the second wave.

What is it they say? The road to hell is paved with good intentions...

Who Britons hold most responsible for the rise in coronavirus cases over the last month:

The public: 58%
The government: 28%

View attachment 45073
Extraordinary pr from the government.
People have observed the restrictions very well. We aren't all represented by those twats protesting outside hospitals.

The fault is part government and part the new strain of virus. Most people don't vote for 'other' though...

Who Britons hold most responsible for the rise in coronavirus cases over the last month:

The public: 58%
The government: 28%

View attachment 45073

You know what, I’m absolutely disgusted by that and by fellow people.

I think it’s an absolute insult and an outright disgrace to suggest that people are responsible for rises. It’s an incredibly infectious airborne virus - it’s always going to spread regardless, hence why it’s the case everywhere in the world with a dense population.

People should be saluted for their obedience to this pandemic, not hung out to dry and slashed of the very little morale they have left - a whole year locked up and the lack of fight against the government has been very impressive.

The government want to be very careful pointing the finger at people because that’s the sort of thing after a year of fatigue, will push people over the edge.

Last edited:
You know what, I’m absolutely fucking disgusted by that and by fellow people.

I think it’s an absolute insult and an outright disgrace to suggest that people are responsible for rises. It’s an incredibly infectious airborne virus - it’s always going to spread regardless, hence why it’s the case everywhere in the world with a dense population.

People should be saluted for their obedience to this pandemic, not hung out to dry and slashed of the very little morale they have left - a whole year locked up the lack of fight against the government has been very impressive.

The government want to be very fucking careful pointing the finger at people because that’s the sort of thing after a year of fatigue that will push people over the edge.

Is COVID airborne? I always assumed it wasn't.

You know what, I’m absolutely disgusted by that and by fellow people.

People should be saluted for their obedience to this pandemic, not hung out to dry and slashed of the very little morale they have left - a whole year locked up and the lack of fight against the government has been very impressive.

The government want to be very careful pointing the finger at people because that’s the sort of thing after a year of fatigue, will push people over the edge.

Jesus h, u have united me and stretts in one post. Nothing good can come from this unholy alliance.

Back on topic, the good news is that early data indicate Tier 4 might be sufficient to hold infection rates stable, or even reduce them slowly. That is a big relief in light of the new variant having a higher R.

That means we can probably return to tier 4 in late Feb, rather than remain in this 'lockdown'. No decisions yet but I guess that would probably mean school kids back in class after half term.
Still not freedom but better than the current situation for many people.

Back on topic, the good news is that early data indicate Tier 4 might be sufficient to hold infection rates stable, or even reduce them slowly. That is a big relief in light of the new variant having a higher R.

That means we can probably return to tier 4 in late Feb, rather than remain in this 'lockdown'. No decisions yet but I guess that would probably mean school kids back in class after half term.
Still not freedom but better than the current situation for many people.
School kids back in class is literally the only difference between what we have now and tier 4 as far as I can see.

In some schools it's more a difference of how many children you have in the class.

Tier 4 offers no benefits to the lives of anyone who doesn't have children or isn't a child as far as I can tell