#COVID19 | Page 680 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Both doses?

Nothing is more important than getting this out there and getting the infrastructure to work.

Its not just about lives, it's about society.

The wealth and culture gap between young and old has become a chasm. That isn't helped by young people making sacrifices not seen since the war (and giving up freedoms that no government in our history has ever taken) to save the elderly. And they have done it.

If we are to come out of his cohesively then we need to a) make sure that the elderly pay their fair share of the costs of this, starting with that triple lock and b) the gap between the elderly and young getting protected from this is not shockingly big, to the point where the young once again feel that they do not matter.

It just will not happen, Pope

The elderly understand the importance of voting.

What you say is perfectly true but it has been like that for generations; you probably have to go back to the 60s and very early 70s to see the last time the young got anything like a fair crack of the whip.

Both my children are "young" Neither of them fit the profile that you are describing and that goes for millions more out there. They are both in well paid employment and on top of that will be handed a life enhancing sum when i pop my cloggs.
I haven't defined a profile other than "young".

The government have currently published no plans for vaccinating 42m of the population, much less when this will take place and how long.

Those that are being given priority would do well to be cogniscant of that fact before celebrating any government success in "defeating" this virus.

Both doses?

Nothing is more important than getting this out there and getting the infrastructure to work.

Its not just about lives, it's about society.

The wealth and culture gap between young and old has become a chasm. That isn't helped by young people making sacrifices not seen since the war (and giving up freedoms that no government in our history has ever taken) to save the elderly. And they have done it.

If we are to come out of his cohesively then we need to a) make sure that the elderly pay their fair share of the costs of this, starting with that triple lock and b) the gap between the elderly and young getting protected from this is not shockingly big, to the point where the young once again feel that they do not matter.

Too late.

The deficit for this will take decades to pay back. The oldest generation will have passed anyway and you can’t just expect the boomers to never retire.

The young have been completely thrown under the bus from this since day 1. They’ve had a 0.02% chance of dying from it and yet the hospitality industry has been totally shut down, where there’s mass over employment of younger people.

They’ve as such had their prospects completely ruined, their ability to live lives, get an education and meet people taken away, will take on the huge debts through ridiculous taxation and to top it all off, get stupid wankers called Barbara in her 60’s who’s retired telling them “don’t be so selfish, we fought a war, all you have to do is stay at home”... despite the fact that she had fuck all to do with any war and has actually been part of the generation that’s had it pretty dam good for years.

Still cannot believe that people think lockdown and draconian tiers is the way to go... we’ve only done it 3 times I suppose for it to keep coming back.

The fact that they’re now creating new higher tiers to manipulate people already in tier 3 into feeling lucky they aren’t now in the worst tier, whilst cleverly getting around bringing people down a tier says it all.

The government who were supposedly concerned about lockdowns because of what it would do to the economy now apparently couldn’t give a shit about that lost cause and there’s still absolutely zero ambition to discuss how we get back to a normal way of living through a different strategy.

2021 will be another depressing shit show of all work/no life for those ‘fortunate’ enough to have a job, and pure depression for the other ‘selfish’ hundreds of thousands of young trying to have a life.

I haven't defined a profile other than "young".

The government have currently published no plans for vaccinating 42m of the population, much less when this will take place and how long.

Those that are being given priority would do well to be cogniscant of that fact before celebrating any government success in "defeating" this virus.
Tell you what Pope i will divulge my inner thoughts to you. Me and the wife are just a day away from ending self isolation after contracting Covid 19. If 99% of the population had to " suffer" the infection in the same way we have done i would say line up at a packed Spoons get pissed and contract it. However we thank goodness live under a governmental system that does not and indeed cannot think and act in such a simplistic manner so the statistically most vunerable will recieve a vacination first and that is exactly how it should be.

Too late.

The deficit for this will take decades to pay back. The oldest generation will have passed anyway and you can’t just expect the boomers to never retire.

The young have been completely thrown under the bus from this since day 1. They’ve had a 0.02% chance of dying from it and yet the hospitality industry has been totally shut down, where there’s mass over employment of younger people.

They’ve as such had their prospects completely ruined, their ability to live lives, get an education and meet people taken away, will take on the huge debts through ridiculous taxation and to top it all off, get stupid wankers called Barbara in her 60’s who’s retired telling them “don’t be so selfish, we fought a war, all you have to do is stay at home”... despite the fact that she had fuck all to do with any war and has actually been part of the generation that’s had it pretty dam good for years.

Still cannot believe that people think lockdown and draconian tiers is the way to go... we’ve only done it 3 times I suppose for it to keep coming back.

The fact that they’re now creating new higher tiers to manipulate people already in tier 3 into feeling lucky they aren’t now in the worst tier, whilst cleverly getting around bringing people down a tier says it all.

The government who were supposedly concerned about lockdowns because of what it would do to the economy now apparently couldn’t give a shit about that lost cause and there’s still absolutely zero ambition to discuss how we get back to a normal way of living through a different strategy.

2021 will be another depressing shit show of all work/no life for those ‘fortunate’ enough to have a job, and pure depression for the other ‘selfish’ hundreds of thousands of young trying to have a life.

The good news is...I've been promoted, so...

Too late.

Proper lockdowns are shorter lockdowns.
Proper lockdowns save lives and the economy.

Proper lockdowns are shorter lockdowns.
Proper lockdowns save lives and the economy.

We had a proper lockdown in April and yet here we are.... most of the rest of the world also had lockdowns and remain in the same boat. It’s a virus and won’t just go away. Don’t forget that we got the death toll down to just 1 and once we came out, it shot back up. All we’ve done is wreck the economy whilst people also die.

We had a proper lockdown in April and yet here we are.... most of the rest of the world also had lockdowns and remain in the same boat. It’s a virus and won’t just go away. Don’t forget that we got the death toll down to just 1 and once we came out, it shot back up. All we’ve done is wreck the economy whilst people also die.

I sympathise but how exactly do you think the economy would be if we just allowed the virus to run unchecked? The failure was in locking down too late on multiple occasions and not having robust track and trace programmes in place...if we had followed scientific advice rather than pandering to Johnson's desperate need to be liked we wouldn't be in this mess.

Out of interest, does anyone know what the restrictions/lockdown status has been in various EU countries? I can't be arsed to look it up, but it would probably give us an indication of how our government has performed compared to countries with similar issues.

I sympathise but how exactly do you think the economy would be if we just allowed the virus to run unchecked? The failure was in locking down too late on multiple occasions and not having robust track and trace programmes in place...if we had followed scientific advice rather than pandering to Johnson's desperate need to be liked we wouldn't be in this mess.

But most other countries in Europe did lock down much quicker than us and it remains a shit show so I don’t know why you think it makes a difference, particularly given we did get deaths down to about zero.

Also, the science on this has hardly been a beacon of truth. The government had to retract their own death projection because watch dog found that it was greatly exaggerated.

In regards to your question on being left unchecked - my point isn’t about leaving it left to its own devices but around having a targeted approach rather than an utterly ridiculous blanket one.

What’s being completely forgotten in all the chaos is that this virus has a 99.6% survival rate and if you’re under 40, you’re about as likely to die from
It as being hit by a bus.... that’s not suggesting that the unfortunate few that do aren’t a tragedy - of course they are, but all loss of life is a tragedy and the measures are frankly an abomination and have been in place for nearly a whole year with no sign of let up.

I think the reason I get so irate about it, is that the government have shown ZERO statistical evidence to back up these measures.

No stats by hospital about how many are overrun, which was a key argument from the pro lockdown side. No discussion about WHY counties and cities are going to certain tiers when the rate of infection is lower than others. Then there are things like false positives and how that impacts the total number and people who have allegedly passed from Covid when the tested negative!!!

These are HUGE factors and I’m in total shock that the population don’t DEMAND these figures/issues explained or justified given so many of our liberties have been taken away.

As somebody who finds this government so repugnant and dishonest (me too btw), do you not find it unbelievable that they’ve not been put to task on this and the media haven’t heaped that pressure on?

The proper lockdown got deaths into the 10s per day and gave us a decent summer. Half hearted lockdowns have given us 700+ dead a day and full hospitals.

Other European countries locked down a week or two earlier and were then able to open up weeks or months earlier

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-53640249

According to this, if you look at the big picture and where countries are now, there isn't much difference between us and major EU countries.

I do think there are other factors than just government decision making (crowded cities, easy travel between cities etc.) that contribute to the spread of the virus, so I don't think pure numbers are a good way to judge the government either.

Honestly Its hard to judge right now and probably will be until this time next year, but the government is certainly to blame for terrible waste of money that has happened and the apparently disorganized way in which the relief was sorted out. PPE manufacturers big and small have complained about the way it was handled, and the sheer blatant cronyism is something we should never forget.