#COVID19 | Page 154 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Just one final question for the time being. If the banks, the media and the corporations (and in some cases, as you say, the military) have influcence over governments, then is it really that inconceivable that the NGOs/"think tanks", that the mega rich bankers, CEOs, royalty, etc create, have infl
uence over governments?

Pope, I'm curious (in a civil way, not starting an argument) on what you think of this quote (which I've posted before) by Edward Bernays in his book Propaganda

The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, and our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of…. It is they who pull the wires that control the public mind.

It's a fascinatingly repugnant book! I read it at uni many moons ago. The father of consumerism.

Just one final question for the time being. If the banks, the media and the corporations (and in some cases, as you say, the military) have influcence over governments, then is it really that inconceivable that the NGOs/"think tanks", that the mega rich bankers, CEOs, royalty, etc create, have infl
uence over governments?

I think you'll find that the think tanks are a pawn of whoever needs them to be a pawn and then it's the case of "fly my little pretties."

uence over governments?
In this country the line between a think tank and a political party is very thin. There are very incestuous links between them. Governments frequently use think tanks to fly their own kites.

Just as in America the whole political system is infested with lobbyists.

Not sure about the mega rich bankers. Their donations I'm sure are an influence. But any donor is an influence; again, you have the trade unions in the Labour party

In this country the line between a think tank and a political party is very thin. There are very incestuous links between them. Governments frequently use think tanks to fly their own kites.

Just as in America the whole political system is infested with lobbyists.

Not sure about the mega rich bankers. Their donations I'm sure are an influence. But any donor is an influence; again, you have the trade unions in the Labour party

In some countries, think tanks are funded by and on the payroll of political parties and nobody bats an eyelid.

Think tanks, banks, lizards, the CIA, the illuminati, the mafia, andrex, Rupert Murdoch, the unions, the Jews whichever person or people put politicians in charge in my experience are soon very quickly forgotten by arrogant politicians who think they are the reason they’re in charge & only care about hanging on to power & once they’ve done that then their legacy.

Think tanks, banks, lizards, the CIA, the illuminati, the mafia, andrex, Rupert Murdoch, the unions, the Jews whichever person or people put politicians in charge in my experience are soon very quickly forgotten by arrogant politicians who think they are the reason they’re in charge & only care about hanging on to power & once they’ve done that then their legacy.
But then we had a chance of real change. Where the elites wouldn't have a seat at the table & the media would have to behave. Yet apparently he was the most evil man in the world.

But then we had a chance of real change. Where the elites wouldn't have a seat at the table & the media would have to behave. Yet apparently he was the most evil man in the world.
It would have been no different.

For all you venerate him as a God, Corbyn was the weakest political leader in living memory. An absolute stooge, completely dominated by McCluskey, Formby, Murphy, Milne and God knows who else.

The only time he looked like he had a clue what he was doing was over Grenfell, when he could act as the constituency MP that he was.

Corbyn wasn't a chance at real change, he was just a chance for completely different elites to dominate the agenda

The Sun had loses of over £60m last year in fact think it was close to £70m

But why stop a good propaganda tool

They do have a decent online presence

The Sun had loses of over £60m last year in fact think it was close to £70m

But why stop a good propaganda tool

They do have a decent online presence
Here's a question for you.

If the Sun went under, where do you think it's readers would migrate to?

Here's a question for you.

If the Sun went under, where do you think it's readers would migrate to?

The sun wont go under so irrelevant as Murdoch is not going to pack away his number one propaganda machine

There are a couple of ways The Sun will stop publishing

1. It gets get closed down like the News of the World

2. Newspapers are slowly being phased out due to the internet

And do you really think your hero wouldn't start up another rag with the same shite just under another name?

Bless

Last edited:
The sun wont go under so irrelevant as Murdoch is not going to pack away his number one propaganda machine

There are a couple of ways The Sun will stop publishing

1. It gets get closed down like the News of the World

2. Newspapers are slowly being phased out due to the internet
Ok, let me re-phrase.
If the Sun didn't exist, what other paper do you think the majority of current Sun readers would be buying?

On the PPE supply issues, and the finger pointing at Central Government, it would maybe be responsible if our media actually reported what is actually happening.
Putting aside the woeful preparation the Government did make in response to the virus, and the inept way they have imposed and enforced the lockdown (and many other things) the current issue of PPE supply is not directly at their door.
Money isn’t an issue, there is plenty there to purchase whatever is needed.
The problem is that the purchasing authorities at both National and Local levels are continuing to act as if everything is normal.
That means suppliers are being asked for documentation to prove that the masks, visors etc all meet standards of approval for us in the UK.

I understand the reasoning for that, clearly they don’t want equipment that makes the situation worse, but at the same time many manufacturers/suppliers are producing under a very broad scope, not specific to a particular country. Generally the equipment is CE or FDA certified, which on its own doesn’t seem to be good enough for our country.

PPE is very much a sellers market, they dictate the rules not the buyer, so whilst we ask for more paperwork they sell their stocks elsewhere. Hungary send passenger aircraft to pick up supplies from China, small aircraft that need two refuelling stops each way....we send emails asking more questions.
I know two local MP’s one each from the two main parties who are doing all they can to clear this log jam, and even they are having little success.

Unfortunately modern Britain is not set up to react, seemingly to anything, the administrative infrastructure is not there. Nobody appears to ever want to take responsibility for trying to be proactive.
Day to day life, that’s fine, this is different.

Bodes well for life outside the EU too, because it will be a very dog eat dog world post this event, and we are seemingly woeful in those circumstances.

Ok, let me re-phrase.
If the Sun didn't exist, what other paper do you think the majority of current Sun readers would be buying?

What ever other shit rag that Murdoch had thrusted onto the populace for the exact same reasons for the last 4 to 5 decades

Its not really a difficult question to answer

Are you any good at chess Pope?