#COVID19 | Page 1115 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Yeah let’s gloss over their loss & the hurt felt by those looking after them because a few middle class sanctimonious guardian reading ***** actually have to deal with real life rather than moaning about marking.

I’m sure the NHS workers feel your pain & are terribly worried as well

wear a mask even if it only saves one person it’s worth it, it’s not exactly difficult, ok it isn’t great but I cannot understand why anyone would be against it.
Who is against it? Where is the forum rebellion on this? Not one person has said they will not comply and you have basically admitted to not liking them either.

Your ire would be better directed at someone like Laurence Fox. But you won't do that because he would either ignore you or eviscerate you. Because you're really not much of a debater are you Woanz?

I lost two relatives during COVID. Not from COVID, but partly as a result of the lockdowns. At some point society has to accept that the maximum protection possible has been offered.

I think it says something about the people who actually want more lockdowns. Not that they are extraordinarily kind people- I don't think anyone who reads your posts on here would make that assumption about yourself- but that they like it and it fits their lifestyle.

Yeah let’s gloss over their loss & the hurt felt by those looking after them because a few middle class sanctimonious guardian reading ***** actually have to deal with real life rather than moaning about marking.

wear a mask even if it only saves one person it’s worth it, it’s not exactly difficult, ok it isn’t great but I cannot understand why anyone would be against it.

Not against wearing a mask, just tired of covid like everyone else and dreading the idea of another lock down.

No clear data on new variant yet. It appears to be far more contagious and some success at evading vaccines. However early indicators is that it isn’t making people ill. Few in SA have gone in to hospital and all in Europe are isolating at home. The biggest symptom is marked fatigue. So far most of the people infected have been younger than average so unclear how it would effect the older citizens amongst us. This could be a good news. Have to wait and see data. Early days.

No clear data on new variant yet. It appears to be far more contagious and some success at evading vaccines. However early indicators is that it isn’t making people ill. Few in SA have gone in to hospital and all in Europe are isolating at home. The biggest symptom is marked fatigue. So far most of the people infected have been younger than average so unclear how it would effect the older citizens amongst us. This could be a good news. Have to wait and see data. Early days.
It should also be pointed out that we already have some vaccines that should be more effective.

The Valneva vaccine, for example, which I took part in the trial of, is a traditional vaccine based on the original virus and as such is not dependent on the spike protein (if I have understood it correctly). Valneva has so far looked more effective than AZ in this trial and is very close to approval, although the UK cancelled it's order.

Scientists also reckon that the MRnA vaccines can be adapted within 100 days

To be honest I fucking despise the mass media. Those utter tossers at the press conference couldn’t wait to ask “should we not be looking at vaccine passports?”. “Is it wise to rule out a Christmas lockdown?”. I genuinely cannot put into words my hatred for them. It’s borderline evil the way they enjoy trying to create the fear in the country. Nobody calls it out!!

It should also be pointed out that we already have some vaccines that should be more effective.

The Valneva vaccine, for example, which I took part in the trial of, is a traditional vaccine based on the original virus and as such is not dependent on the spike protein (if I have understood it correctly). Valneva has so far looked more effective than AZ in this trial and is very close to approval, although the UK cancelled it's order.

Scientists also reckon that the MRnA vaccines can be adapted within 100 days

Correct.

To be honest I fucking despise the mass media. Those utter tossers at the press conference couldn’t wait to ask “should we not be looking at vaccine passports?”. “Is it wise to rule out a Christmas lockdown?”. I genuinely cannot put into words my hatred for them. It’s borderline evil the way they enjoy trying to create the fear in the country. Nobody calls it out!!

Problem is negative news sells and is click bait. Positive news doesn’t.

Absolutely right, It's one thing holding the powers that be to account for their failings, and there have been plenty, but another thing completely seeking out the doomsday predictions, and asking questions designed to bring out possibilities that fuel people's fears. It's what they have been doing all through the pandemic.

Ooh, you're hard

If there is to be one i think this is right. Reports out that the new variant is milder. That follows braodly whaat we know virus' do, is probably more transmissible. We have to wait to find out how serious it is.
Where abouts are these reports? I have a very anxious Mrs Pope who could do with some potential good news

Reminds me of the 'war' episode of The Day Today
This is the cleverest bit of satire I ever saw.

Woanz: "Boris the butcher, I hate him he and all he stands for"
Boris: "Wear your masks in shops"
Woanz: "Ok, sir"

The left, and the youth in this country are not fit to carry the torch of generations before them; start smashing stuff up, instead pretend anger on social media.
What have we become??

The left, and the youth in this country are not fit to carry the torch of generations before them; start smashing stuff up, instead pretend anger on social media.
What have we become??
You want people to start smashing stuff up?
I assume you never criticised BLM for that then...

You want people to start smashing stuff up?
I assume you never criticised BLM for that then...

I'll criticise anyone for smashing stuff up.
My point being is that people don't anymore. We have a proud history of rioting in this country, I was even on the poll tax ones, great fun.
All we see now is faux outrage on social media.

Rather ironic that having scrapped terms like Indian or Kent variant because of the stigma, they now can't use the Greek letters nu or xi, for the same reason, or the fact in six months the old nu variant would be rather confusing .

What have we become??

The butcher doesn’t even wear a mask when he visits a fucking hospital.

I fail to see how smashing shit up in some kind of protest against the rona will fix anything either.

Young people deserve a huge amount of credit in this as they’ve put their lives on hold for something that doesn’t affect them that badly to preserve a load of boomers & gammon who aren’t even close to being grateful