#COVID19 | Page 1114 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Good post by a great guy on MillwallOnline forum (used with permission obviously) Thought it was sharing on a few forums on Vital, just to help settle our obvious nerves a tiny bit! Nighmare innit!

We now have a 'Nu' variant. Pun intended. The MSM, of course, are enjoying the discovery immensely. There's no doubt that this new variant has a number of mutations to the spike protein that could enable it to escape vaccines.

However, we need to realise that this variant is not competing against vaccines - to survive and reproduce it must compete against other viruses. These mutations may give it an advantage over vaccines, but will they confer an advantage over other viruses? All these viruses are in continual battle for survival in a crowded antigenic space.

South Africa has had a relatively low number of cases for a while now. This might sound strange, but this provides an ideal breeding ground for new variants because they can find the space they need to infect people and reproduce.

Over here, we still have a very dominant Delta variant, which could prove to be 'fitter' than the Nu variant and squeeze it out. This is happened many times already to other variants of concern.

We also have very high levels of 'super immunity' in the UK. A little while ago I mentioned that getting vaccinated and then infected with COVID was the gold standard of immune protection. This is still the case. In addition, recent data suggests that the AZ vaccine provides better long-term protection through T cells than the Pfizer vaccine. The jury is still out on this idea, but it could explain a lot.

The Nu variant will only present a problem here if it can overcome the huge barrier provided by widespread vaccine and infection induced 'super immunity' in the UK and can compete successfully against our dominant Delta strain.

Good post by a great guy on MillwallOnline forum (used with permission obviously) Thought it was sharing on a few forums on Vital, just to help settle our obvious nerves a tiny bit! Nighmare innit!

We now have a 'Nu' variant. Pun intended. The MSM, of course, are enjoying the discovery immensely. There's no doubt that this new variant has a number of mutations to the spike protein that could enable it to escape vaccines.

However, we need to realise that this variant is not competing against vaccines - to survive and reproduce it must compete against other viruses. These mutations may give it an advantage over vaccines, but will they confer an advantage over other viruses? All these viruses are in continual battle for survival in a crowded antigenic space.

South Africa has had a relatively low number of cases for a while now. This might sound strange, but this provides an ideal breeding ground for new variants because they can find the space they need to infect people and reproduce.

Over here, we still have a very dominant Delta variant, which could prove to be 'fitter' than the Nu variant and squeeze it out. This is happened many times already to other variants of concern.

We also have very high levels of 'super immunity' in the UK. A little while ago I mentioned that getting vaccinated and then infected with COVID was the gold standard of immune protection. This is still the case. In addition, recent data suggests that the AZ vaccine provides better long-term protection through T cells than the Pfizer vaccine. The jury is still out on this idea, but it could explain a lot.

The Nu variant will only present a problem here if it can overcome the huge barrier provided by widespread vaccine and infection induced 'super immunity' in the UK and can compete successfully against our dominant Delta strain.
Woohoo I have super immunity!!

alright Lawrence Fox. Never had you down as one of them.
There's a "them" now?

I don't want to go back to wearing masks again. I imagine that those that enjoyed doing so such as yourself are in a minority.

lomg way away from refusal to comply or campaigning to make others refuse.

There's a "them" now?

I don't want to go back to wearing masks again. I imagine that those that enjoyed doing so such as yourself are in a minority.

lomg way away from refusal to comply or campaigning to make others refuse.

i don’t enjoy doing it, while you’re up on your cross because some children are talking about suicide I’m having to talk to care home workers who had 15 residents die in a week. I want this virus to stop spreading & killing people & if wearing a mask only saves 1 person then it’s worth it.

Ofsted are having too much fun driving heads to resignation and even suicide for that to happen
Ofsted are showing the signs of institutional priority shift. When an organization begins to prioritize the organization over the original mission of said organization. They care more about Ofsted than they do about the kids they are supposed to be working for.

i don’t enjoy doing it, while you’re up on your cross because some children are talking about suicide I’m having to talk to care home workers who had 15 residents die in a week. I want this virus to stop spreading & killing people & if wearing a mask only saves 1 person then it’s worth it.
Are 15 dying in a week now?

Just remember, when you're in a care home it will be this generation that is looking after you, so don't be too blasé about fucking them up

Ofsted are showing the signs of institutional priority shift. When an organization begins to prioritize the organization over the original mission of said organization. They care more about Ofsted than they do about the kids they are supposed to be working for.
I'm assuming it's political.

It's very hard to claim that you are "fixing" education when you've been in power for 11 years.

So, use the pandemic to blame the "lazy" teachers for imaginary declining standards via Ofsted. Downgrade a bunch of schools, destroy some careers.

Then, magically Ofsted will start finding "rising standards" and delivering more generous inspection reports just in time for the 2024 election.

The inspections and their attitude at the moment are an absolute disgrace

Are 15 dying in a week now?

Just remember, when you're in a care home it will be this generation that is looking after you, so don't be too blasé about fucking them up

Yeah let’s gloss over their loss & the hurt felt by those looking after them because a few middle class sanctimonious guardian reading ***** actually have to deal with real life rather than moaning about marking.

I’m sure the NHS workers feel your pain & are terribly worried as well

wear a mask even if it only saves one person it’s worth it, it’s not exactly difficult, ok it isn’t great but I cannot understand why anyone would be against it.