#COVID19 | Page 1065 | Vital Football

#COVID19

You need ffp2 or N95 masks for effectiveness. Wearing a ganja symbol mask, purchased from Alan's Minimart is a waste of time

You need ffp2 or N95 masks for effectiveness. Wearing a ganja symbol mask, purchased from Alan's Minimart is a waste of time

I don't know if you've moved or not yet but during your time at Watnall did you ever try to roll in neutral from the Queens Head to the Three Ponds? I've tried it a few times but never had no traffic behind me and so had to step on accelerator. Yesterday I had a clear road behind me and managed it. You struggle a bit when you get to the first speed camera (low 20s MPH) but after that you piss it. I even went left at the ponds and rolled under the bridge put then had to get foot down.

I don't know if you've moved or not yet but during your time at Watnall did you ever try to roll in neutral from the Queens Head to the Three Ponds? I've tried it a few times but never had no traffic behind me and so had to step on accelerator. Yesterday I had a clear road behind me and managed it. You struggle a bit when you get to the first speed camera (low 20s MPH) but after that you piss it. I even went left at the ponds and rolled under the bridge put then had to get foot down.

Moved to Bramcote in January and I drive an automatic.ive free wheeled on the bike down there before. You can get a decent speed up once passed the bakery

So scientists are now warning that unlocking could threaten the world. Hope you like food shortages & don’t need any medicine

The butcher is about to let the Johnson variant rip through the population. The only small consolation is he’ll be gone soon, though sadly he’ll be stabbed in the back by his MP’s and go back to being a lying journalist rather going to prison.

So scientists are now warning that unlocking could threaten the world. Hope you like food shortages & don’t need any medicine

The butcher is about to let the Johnson variant rip through the population. The only small consolation is he’ll be gone soon, though sadly he’ll be stabbed in the back by his MP’s and go back to being a lying journalist rather going to prison.
I'm struggling to see what actually changes on Monday?

Nightclubs open. Not sure quite what else really changes compared to now. Already, most places I was having to book in advance have stopped doing so.

I'm on a bus to the British Grand Prix right now and there will be 140k there.

I don't think anything is really changing.

Unless you want restrictions again?

But if people want restrictions now, they surely want them forever. The current situation is about as good a time as we'll ever get back to normal. .

If a new varient is going to come along, it is just as likely to come along anywhere else, particularly the countries with massive populations compared to ours.

About to? 50000 a day suggests he is well on his way chap

the selfish & stupid can swan around not wearing masks or bothering with social distancing.
When was the last time people were bothered with social distancing anyway?

I haven't seen much of it at Silverstone today. If I don't get COVID from this weekend then I'm declaring myself immune.

But that was the point. It's a test event. Not to see if we can hold a huge event and magically no one gets COVID (it's not a school with its magical force field protecting children and teachers), but to see if we can live with these super-spreader events without it breaking society

Now we have the vaccine, the only way to end this is surely herd immunity. That was the plan to start with, until they realised it would kill hundreds of thousands and cripple the NHS on the way

Now they are again seeing if herd immunity can be gained, now we are mostly vaccinated, without breaking the health system.

If it doesn't work then I'm sure we can all look forward to our lives being curtailed well into 2023 if not 2024 as we persue a cripplingly slow herd immunity strategy

If it works, we need it to burn through as many as possible this summer

When was the last time people were bothered with social distancing anyway?

I haven't seen much of it at Silverstone today. If I don't get COVID from this weekend then I'm declaring myself immune.

But that was the point. It's a test event. Not to see if we can hold a huge event and magically no one gets COVID (it's not a school with its magical force field protecting children and teachers), but to see if we can live with these super-spreader events without it breaking society

Now we have the vaccine, the only way to end this is surely herd immunity. That was the plan to start with, until they realised it would kill hundreds of thousands and cripple the NHS on the way

Now they are again seeing if herd immunity can be gained, now we are mostly vaccinated, without breaking the health system.

If it doesn't work then I'm sure we can all look forward to our lives being curtailed well into 2023 if not 2024 as we persue a cripplingly slow herd immunity strategy

If it works, we need it to burn through as many as possible this summer
The difference is whether you go for herd immunity by natural infection, or by vaccination.
One is dangerous, the other is not (well, there are risks but they are tiny, especially when compared with the risks of not being vaccinated).

The UK vaccination programme is very well advanced and I believe we could vaccinate every adult and also all secondary school kids by the end of the summer. Instead they have chosen an arbitrary date (not data) at which point the unjabbed (most through no fault of their own) will be thrown under one of Boris's beloved buses. I wonder if he made a little model of this one.

You have correctly described the current gov policy - "burn through as many as possible this summer". So called 'test events' will have very little influence on policy. From what I hear, they haven't been conducting them in a scientific way. They are just events that the government chose to permit for their own reasons. I'd be genuinely very interested to hear about how you have to report your vaccination status, test results and infection status in the days and weeks following this weekend? Probably fairly little infection risk if you weren't kettled, because you were outside.

Anyway, did you have a good day? I went on a Saturday about 8 or 9 years ago. Pissing with rain all day, to the point that they cut it short, but still a top day out (helped by a tour of the merc garage because my neighbour worked for them.) What do you think of the new format? I've seen the picture of the car for next year. Looks cool and should help improve the excitement of the racing quite a lot.

The difference is whether you go for herd immunity by natural infection, or by vaccination.
One is dangerous, the other is not (well, there are risks but they are tiny, especially when compared with the risks of not being vaccinated).

The UK vaccination programme is very well advanced and I believe we could vaccinate every adult and also all secondary school kids by the end of the summer. Instead they have chosen an arbitrary date (not data) at which point the unjabbed (most through no fault of their own) will be thrown under one of Boris's beloved buses. I wonder if he made a little model of this one.

You have correctly described the current gov policy - "burn through as many as possible this summer". So called 'test events' will have very little influence on policy. From what I hear, they haven't been conducting them in a scientific way. They are just events that the government chose to permit for their own reasons. I'd be genuinely very interested to hear about how you have to report your vaccination status, test results and infection status in the days and weeks following this weekend? Probably fairly little infection risk if you weren't kettled, because you were outside.

Anyway, did you have a good day? I went on a Saturday about 8 or 9 years ago. Pissing with rain all day, to the point that they cut it short, but still a top day out (helped by a tour of the merc garage because my neighbour worked for them.) What do you think of the new format? I've seen the picture of the car for next year. Looks cool and should help improve the excitement of the racing quite a lot.
Kettled is a good word for how we were a lot of the time.

You had to show your vaccine status on the app or a negative test within 48 hours. I'm skeptical that the 100,000 people there today were all clear.

Surely vaccination and herd immunity both being played out will be reasonably effective?

Every child could have been done within a fortnight, possibly even a week if they had sent vaccine teams into schools.

But ultimately, once every person is vaccinated, we are still going to have this happening