#COVID19 | Page 1064 | Vital Football

#COVID19

I can't believe this is page 1,063 and I'm having to type this.
Wearing a mask will not necessarily protect YOU, but other people.
If you wear a mask around others that are infected and that aren't wearing a mask, you could get infected. Page 1,063 and this was known from the very start.

The government pretending masks were of no benefit was part of herd immunity strategy. The government pretending they were 'following the science' was part of herd immunity strategy. The government's mouthpieces for SAGE were part of herd immunity strategy. Did NOBODY ELSE listen to independent SAGE????

I can't believe I've just typed all that (and this, and this of course, oh, and this, this too) and my post could has only gone up by one.

If you wear a mask around others that are infected and that aren't wearing a mask, you could get infected. Page 1,063 and this was known from the very start.

The government pretending masks were of no benefit was part of herd immunity strategy. The government pretending they were 'following the science' was part of herd immunity strategy. The government's mouthpieces for SAGE were part of herd immunity strategy. Did NOBODY ELSE listen to independent SAGE????

I can't believe I've just typed all that (and this, and this of course, oh, and this, this too) and my post could has only gone up by one.

I don't mind getting infected, prefer not to as I've had it and it's not nice.
Similar logic with flu, meningitis*, etc. I have a flu jab every year and I have been daring enough to lord it around sans mask for years.

I have been to countries that need a yellow fever jab and I had the brass neck to walk around mask-less with gay abandon.

Wear a mask if you want, your choice. I'll not be joining you unless mandated to.

*I know two people with 'long meningitis', now you don't want that.

I don't mind getting infected, prefer not to as I've had it and it's not nice.
Similar logic with flu, meningitis*, etc. I have a flu jab every year and I have been daring enough to lord it around sans mask for years.

I have been to countries that need a yellow fever jab and I had the brass neck to walk around mask-less with gay abandon.

Wear a mask if you want, your choice. I'll not be joining you unless mandated to.

*I know two people with 'long meningitis', now you don't want that.

Exactly my thoughts. The narrative has been set though that masks are protecting everyone even though the non surgical or ffp2 masks do naff all.

Rubbish. If people are afraid to go into a pub because mask wearing is not mandated, then they stay in, very simple; that is their choice. Don't project this fear onto everyone else who can managed risk.

If someone has a fear of flying, they are unlikely to go to Australia, again their choice, don't stop me going.*

*I won't go as I have an irrational fear of venomous things.

my point is about choice and i cant argue with choice. so there must be choice to have the rules in place or not, fair enough. But not if youre then walking into a public space where there isnt any specific ruling. Then everyone should wear them, its just common decency at the end of the day. I dont really get the issue with masks anyway, theres just no rational arguement against wearing them

Herd immunity from day one, quite blatant the way I see it