Covid, Phase II. Commonsense is the order of the day. | Page 29 | Vital Football

Covid, Phase II. Commonsense is the order of the day.

Certain lessons have been learned since this pandemic began. One overriding one was that the UK responded too little too late. Still there are other countries being far more diligent than ours. Ireland have not reopened their pubs yet and it's been postponed. Germany is testing people at airports from some locations on the spot, not saying stay home for 14 days. Belgium only allows one shopper from each household in supermarkets, ie no husbands and wives together and so on.
How many spikes have we had from pubs ?
The mayor of Luton ( a Muslim ) attending a dinner party during social distancing rules and they wonder why BAME are struggling with it.
Europe is having spikes all over the place due to relaxation, we need to get ahead of the inevitable outbreaks here. What's all this meal voucher bullshit ? Eat at home and stay safe FFS.
Nick, the meal voucher bullshit is so we eat more crap, get fatter and then preach how much obesity is costing the NHS, with all there fatties, pot n kettles.

With what Ex said and yourself proves why the public cant be trusted.

It's the brain dead, stupid minority Nick..

Nearly all adults wearing face mask, ONS figures show
Almost all adults who left their homes wore a face mask this week, the latest ONS figures show.
Some 96 per cent of adults wore a face covering, up from 84 per cent last week and 71 per cent before that.
Meanwhile just over a third of adults (37 per cent) said they would feel comfortable or very comfortable eating indoors at a restaurant this week, an increase from last week (34 per cent).
Of those who had left their home, more than one in five (21 per cent) said they had visited a pub, restaurant or cafe, an increase from 10 per cent three weeks ago.
Some 41 per cent of people said coronavirus was affecting their wellbeing this week; with 14 per cent saying they were worried about a possible job loss.

It's the brain dead, stupid minority Nick..

Nearly all adults wearing face mask, ONS figures show
Almost all adults who left their homes wore a face mask this week, the latest ONS figures show.
Some 96 per cent of adults wore a face covering, up from 84 per cent last week and 71 per cent before that.
Meanwhile just over a third of adults (37 per cent) said they would feel comfortable or very comfortable eating indoors at a restaurant this week, an increase from last week (34 per cent).
Of those who had left their home, more than one in five (21 per cent) said they had visited a pub, restaurant or cafe, an increase from 10 per cent three weeks ago.
Some 41 per cent of people said coronavirus was affecting their wellbeing this week; with 14 per cent saying they were worried about a possible job loss.

21 % had visited a pub ? 1 in 5. That's not really a minority and is enough to proliferate the virus again as figures are suggesting. Pubs, Pubs with food and restaurants are not essential.

21 % had visited a pub ? 1 in 5. That's not really a minority and is enough to proliferate the virus again as figures are suggesting. Pubs, Pubs with food and restaurants are not essential.

I was aiming your eyesight on this:

Supposedly, the rest have deep measures in place!!

The thing that I am most impressed with is that a few here didn't believe that wearing masks would take off in shops and would be round,y ignored...

I strongly disagreed and this is the first evidence of it.

The pubs (in my view) are fine if you're outside and socially distanced - well as good as it gets, of course, many go inside and stay inside, which I do think is counter-intuitive and a risk not worth taking.

I was aiming your eyesight on this:

Supposedly, the rest have deep measures in place!!

The thing that I am most impressed with is that a few here didn't believe that wearing masks would take off in shops and would be round,y ignored...

I strongly disagreed and this is the first evidence of it.

The pubs (in my view) are fine if you're outside and socially distanced - well as good as it gets, of course, many go inside and stay inside, which I do think is counter-intuitive and a risk not worth taking.

There was a photo recently of a pub garden out the back that was absolutely rammed with people. Like sardines.

There was a photo recently of a pub garden out the back that was absolutely rammed with people. Like sardines.

Any place that's mobbed, I and almost everyone I know, walk away from, in the main, but the demand for social interaction and normalcy is a strong pull on the human psyche - no doubt banning all such interactions would be justified, but the government is walking a tightwalk here and that can't go on forever - a report this week said if the gov had to impose a second lockdown there would be civil unrest!?

You could take a picture of one of my local’s gardens and see plenty of people socially distancedvand enjoying an evening out....the media will always highlight the excesses but I’m betting they are not the norm...in my village more people are wearing masks just to go about the shopping area and all are wearing them to go in shops, but once outside most tend to take them off...that’s because footfall ratio compared with bigger towns and cities is very low and most are still practicing 2m social distancing.

If you follow the news and MSM in general we are all doomed unless we all stop interacting with anyone else...well good luck with that, it’s never going to happen and as I’ve said on here many times before we each individually have our own toolkit for survival...use it and let the idiots get on with their own lives....

Take a look at the shots of Brighton beach today. That's not a minority. Hottest day of the year is bad enough to expose yourself to that heat but in the midst of a pandemic ?

I ventured to a shopping centre yesterday to purchase a phone. There was hand sanitiser on entry and exit to the phone shop. Inside most customers but not all were wearing masks. None of the staff were wearing masks, which they are not obligated to of course. Whilst I was waiting to be served I saw one customer discussing a phone with a member of staff. They were both handling it. The customer was obviously happy and when the transaction was over shook hands with the member of staff and walked out without using the hand sanitiser! The member of staff went on to serve the next customer without washing his hands.

I was one of the people who thought people in general wouldn't conform to the mask-wearing in shops. But on yesterday's evidence the vast majority were.

However, watching people go about their business yesterday, my interpretation is that, yes, people are wearing masks, but they are acting as if things have returned to normal. There was no real attempt at social distancing in the shops or for taking the necessary safety measures through hand sanitisers etc. It was as though wearing a mask in itself was all that needed to be done.

That's just one shopping centre, of course, and just my observation. However it's enough to make steer clear for the time being unless it's absolutely necessary.

I ventured to a shopping centre yesterday to purchase a phone. There was hand sanitiser on entry and exit to the phone shop. Inside most customers but not all were wearing masks. None of the staff were wearing masks, which they are not obligated to of course. Whilst I was waiting to be served I saw one customer discussing a phone with a member of staff. They were both handling it. The customer was obviously happy and when the transaction was over shook hands with the member of staff and walked out without using the hand sanitiser! The member of staff went on to serve the next customer without washing his hands.

I was one of the people who thought people in general wouldn't conform to the mask-wearing in shops. But on yesterday's evidence the vast majority were.

However, watching people go about their business yesterday, my interpretation is that, yes, people are wearing masks, but they are acting as if things have returned to normal. There was no real attempt at social distancing in the shops or for taking the necessary safety measures through hand sanitisers etc. It was as though wearing a mask in itself was all that needed to be done.

That's just one shopping centre, of course, and just my observation. However it's enough to make steer clear for the time being unless it's absolutely necessary.

Unfortunately this behaviour is becoming the norm for people the more time goes on.....

Don't go to Cardiff bay. The welcome board should read : Welcome to the asylum and we are the dumbest and most inbred people on the planet.

Anything goes there. Was supposed to stay over but was not safe so turned back.

From December to March, my family and I were stuck in Heilongjiang province, North China. It was the second worst affected province in China. Everyone was under self quarantine, every housing block was under lockdown, streets were barricaded and people outside without facemasks were arrested. I was there from early December till March and watched the outbreak unfold.

I've never seen such an effective policy as their quarantine order, the streets were deserted. All shops, businesses and companies were shut. Just the odd supermarket was open so people could go out once a week to get supplies.

Things got a lot more watertight after the first two weeks quarantine. Only one member of each household could leave every two days to get shopping and they needed a pass to do so.

We couldn't leave the housing block without clearance from security, and medical staff in hazmat suits were disinfecting outside the flats nearly every day. People in China were a little worried that it might be more contagious, have a longer incubation rate than believed and also travel along the sewage pipes linking the flats.

Less food was available in the stores too, the shutdown nationwide took its toll, 20% of local businesses had gone bust within the first month. pork, chicken and shellfish were twice the price that they were a few weeks before, fresh fish had disappeared completely.

We finally arrived home in March after a long day traveling, the three of us had taken a taxi that was covered in plastic sheeting inside, with the driver fully segregated from his passengers, to the airport where everyone was wearing mandatory facemasks and gloves, told to queue for check in, standing a meter apart. It was impressive in the way that every precaution was being taken to detect the virus.

Heat sensitive cameras checked everyone in each line, and we had several of these temperature checks before check in. People were repeatedly swabbed and told to stand a meter apart. These tests and checks continued on the flight to Beijing and then was repeated again at Beijing Airport while waiting for our connecting flight to London.

Everyone was seated individually on the plane and had no one sitting in the rows fore and aft either. I doubt there were more than 30 people on a plane that normally sits over 250. Masks could not be removed apart from to eat and people had their temperatures taken by the cabin crew repeatedly during the flight.

All this changed as soon as we reached the U.K. Not one person working there was wearing gloves or masks, no alcohol sanitiser for staff and a flippant attitude to anyone arriving wearing masks.

I heard a customs official remark to a couple arriving from China that only the sick needed masks. I told him that many of the people spreading the virus were symptomless and his reply was that it just wouldn't be possible to insist on those measures here, unlike the Chinese that could do so efficiently in China. Our temperatures were not checked on arrival and no segregation or preventative measures were observed by either of us, in the U.Ks busiest airport too. We were a little stunned as going from an entire socially quarantined system to absolutely no measures whatsoever was a little surprising.

We felt that although there was panic in the press and most were a little concerned, nobody was really taking the sort of virus prevention measures that I had spent those last six weeks living through in China. People in public places were still congregating, people were still shaking hands, schools were still open and no one had really changed their habits in a way that was essential to stopping the spread of the virus

From December to March, my family and I were stuck in Heilongjiang province, North China. It was the second worst affected province in China. Everyone was under self quarantine, every housing block was under lockdown, streets were barricaded and people outside without facemasks were arrested. I was there from early December till March and watched the outbreak unfold.

I've never seen such an effective policy as their quarantine order, the streets were deserted. All shops, businesses and companies were shut. Just the odd supermarket was open so people could go out once a week to get supplies.

Things got a lot more watertight after the first two weeks quarantine. Only one member of each household could leave every two days to get shopping and they needed a pass to do so.

We couldn't leave the housing block without clearance from security, and medical staff in hazmat suits were disinfecting outside the flats nearly every day. People in China were a little worried that it might be more contagious, have a longer incubation rate than believed and also travel along the sewage pipes linking the flats.

Less food was available in the stores too, the shutdown nationwide took its toll, 20% of local businesses had gone bust within the first month. pork, chicken and shellfish were twice the price that they were a few weeks before, fresh fish had disappeared completely.

We finally arrived home in March after a long day traveling, the three of us had taken a taxi that was covered in plastic sheeting inside, with the driver fully segregated from his passengers, to the airport where everyone was wearing mandatory facemasks and gloves, told to queue for check in, standing a meter apart. It was impressive in the way that every precaution was being taken to detect the virus.

Heat sensitive cameras checked everyone in each line, and we had several of these temperature checks before check in. People were repeatedly swabbed and told to stand a meter apart. These tests and checks continued on the flight to Beijing and then was repeated again at Beijing Airport while waiting for our connecting flight to London.

Everyone was seated individually on the plane and had no one sitting in the rows fore and aft either. I doubt there were more than 30 people on a plane that normally sits over 250. Masks could not be removed apart from to eat and people had their temperatures taken by the cabin crew repeatedly during the flight.

All this changed as soon as we reached the U.K. Not one person working there was wearing gloves or masks, no alcohol sanitiser for staff and a flippant attitude to anyone arriving wearing masks.

I heard a customs official remark to a couple arriving from China that only the sick needed masks. I told him that many of the people spreading the virus were symptomless and his reply was that it just wouldn't be possible to insist on those measures here, unlike the Chinese that could do so efficiently in China. Our temperatures were not checked on arrival and no segregation or preventative measures were observed by either of us, in the U.Ks busiest airport too. We were a little stunned as going from an entire socially quarantined system to absolutely no measures whatsoever was a little surprising.

We felt that although there was panic in the press and most were a little concerned, nobody was really taking the sort of virus prevention measures that I had spent those last six weeks living through in China. People in public places were still congregating, people were still shaking hands, schools were still open and no one had really changed their habits in a way that was essential to stopping the spread of the virus

Great read that.

If we had an eight week total lockdown in March and April, the virus would've burnt itself out and we would've been back to work three months ago.

Now we would be in the same situation as China, Vietnam, Hong Kong and South Korea, sitting down individual districts or types of business when an outbreak happens.

Everyone there wears masks, therefore no physical distancing is necessary. Some advice they have received like wiping all groceries down with alcohol wipes and treating any metal objects (tins, trollies, baskets, lift buttons) as being infected, would be welcome advice here.

Westerners the world over, down pubs, beaches, partying and spreading 5g, Bill Gates, Lizard people or vaccine conspiracies make us look really dumb in places where they don't have these issues.

Nearly a quarter million new infections in one day across the world. USA, Brazil, India all high. Spain have not released figures for days now.....wonder why ?