Coronavirus | Page 41 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Graun:

"At least 35 US states see growing numbers of new cases since last week, CNN reported. Intensive care units at 56 hospitals in Florida have reached capacity. California hospitalisations are at an all-time high, and Texas hospitalisations have broken state records for the 10th day in a row, according to the health department."

60,000 cases in a day reported.

Graun:

"At least 35 US states see growing numbers of new cases since last week, CNN reported. Intensive care units at 56 hospitals in Florida have reached capacity. California hospitalisations are at an all-time high, and Texas hospitalisations have broken state records for the 10th day in a row, according to the health department."

60,000 cases in a day reported.
Times adds:-
"In Florida, which reported 7,361 cases on Tuesday, at least 56 intensive care units have reached capacity and 35 have availability of 10 per cent or less."

If only they'd listen to the wise words of their president and not test so much. And why are ICUs being filled with patients with mild flu??

CNN on Arizona, they are basically out of ICU beds in some regions. Tuscon has 11 ICU beds left for half a million people and are transferring people out of state because they don't have enough beds. This could get very bad indeed...

CNN on Arizona, they are basically out of ICU beds in some regions. Tuscon has 11 ICU beds left for half a million people and are transferring people out of state because they don't have enough beds. This could get very bad indeed...

As predicted by Fauci, now completely marginilised.

I've been picked up by random sampling to take part in a Covid research project, which is being run by Imperial College London and Ipsos MORI. There are two parts to it. First, a self swab test of the throat and nose, which will be tested for Covid and I'll get the result. The second part is a saliva sample which is basically the research part of the project - it will be tested for covid but I wont get the result. The samples are collected by courier to take to the lab, so its a pukka job

Anyone else been picked up for this?

I've been picked up by random sampling to take part in a Covid research project, which is being run by Imperial College London and Ipsos MORI.

All I ever get from Imperial College are begging letters inviting me to make a financial donation.

I've been picked up by random sampling to take part in a Covid research project, which is being run by Imperial College London and Ipsos MORI. There are two parts to it. First, a self swab test of the throat and nose, which will be tested for Covid and I'll get the result. The second part is a saliva sample which is basically the research part of the project - it will be tested for covid but I wont get the result. The samples are collected by courier to take to the lab, so its a pukka job

Anyone else been picked up for this?

Friends of my partner have been selected. Imperial college have been running the Covid19 symptoms reporting app that has been allowing them to make deductions about how prevalent the virus is and things like percentage of people recovered etc.

California rolls back it's reopening...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/13/coronavirus-live-updates-us/

California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) ordered the statewide closure of all bars and halted the indoor operations of restaurants, wineries, theaters and a handful of other venues. The move comes as a number of governors elsewhere are also announcing new mandates and pausing reopenings, with Oregon Gov. Kate Brown (D) banning private indoor gatherings of more than 10 people and requiring face coverings outside.

The fresh round of restrictions echoes the early days of the pandemic, when states shuttered businesses in an attempt to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus.

Some interesting stuff here from CDC research and data, especially on infection to fatality rate and likelihood of transmissions from asympomatics:

https://www.sciencealert.com/40-of-people-with-covid-19-don-t-have-symptoms-latest-cdc-estimate-says

On other business, what are thoughts on here re the new face mask rule in the UK? As an outsider, I don't really understand why it's coming in now when cases and especially deaths have come down so much. Yesterday was the lowest death count since lockdown started I believe... seems a strange time to dish out £100 fines for people going shopping without a mask?

On other business, what are thoughts on here re the new face mask rule in the UK? As an outsider, I don't really understand why it's coming in now when cases and especially deaths have come down so much. Yesterday was the lowest death count since lockdown started I believe... seems a strange time to dish out £100 fines for people going shopping without a mask?

It may seem a bit odd, but it is likely because the government is wanting to get everyone mobile and contributing to the economy again, so they need to take mitigation measures to assist that. When most people were cloistered at home mandatory mask wearing didn't need to be a big thing, though most key workers wore them on a voluntary basis.

And don't be fooled by the low death count. It's great news, but the curve will start to go up again (infections are already bottomed out and starting to increase), slowly in July/ August, and then most likely accelerating from October onwards. People need to get used to mask wearing ahead of winter. Which is coming you know.

It may seem a bit odd, but it is likely because the government is wanting to get everyone mobile and contributing to the economy again, so they need to take mitigation measures to assist that. When most people were cloistered at home mandatory mask wearing didn't need to be a big thing, though most key workers wore them on a voluntary basis.

And don't be fooled by the low death count. It's great news, but the curve will start to go up again (infections are already bottomed out and starting to increase), slowly in July/ August, and then most likely accelerating from October onwards. People need to get used to mask wearing ahead of winter. Which is coming you know.

Well I don't know where you are getting that infections are bottoming out-the 7 day moving average fell by 28% since the end of June, continuing its downward trend.Like wise the death toll is falling about 24 % a week. The virus is petering out quite rapidly. There is no evidence that a significant second wave will come