Coronavirus | Page 39 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Our government, literally throwing money away in the middle of this crisis. It demonstrates a level of panic in our government about it's preparation of the supply of PPE equipment that is incredible. What the f**k were they doing in January and February?

Yes that's right our government entered into a contract with a chocolatier and a supplier of pigeon netting for the supply of PPE.

It's a complete shambles and this lack of preparation has killed people in our support services and NHS.

So much for the pub. social distancing in Chorlton, Manchester at least. I've just driven through the town centre and it looked like errr Saturday night in Chorlton, Manchester - absolutely rammed outside and congregating near to the entrance doors.

I've got six pubs within 5 mins of my abode , 3 haven't opened and the others are no where near full as a normal saturday. No one about on the main street either . Seems all as well here

I've got six pubs within 5 mins of my abode , 3 haven't opened and the others are no where near full as a normal saturday. No one about on the main street either . Seems all as well here
Cheshire always was the civilised sector of The North West :grinning:

I've got a few air b' 'n' b' opposite me that have wasted no time in starting the party. Three large groups that have been on the sauce this afternoon have headed off loudly into the city centre during the last hour. In a way I've missed the summer dawn chorus of the drunks returning during the early hours of a Sunday morning. I may leave my bedroom window open just to enjoy an uplifting reminder of what normality sounds like.

Interested to know what are thoughts on Leicester? Read a couple of days ago that there's apparently been no rise in admissions in hospitals there; and that of the positive tests, the only demographic that has seen a rise is Under-18s (source: Telegraph on the 4th July), the demographic that basically don't die or get seriously ill from Covid.

I thought lockdown was put in place to "save lives" and "protect the NHS". If that's the case, the Leicester lockdown is a massive overreaction isn't it? And if the government are going on purely positive test results to decide on lockdowns, then that is also surely a flawed policy?

Interested to know what are thoughts on Leicester? Read a couple of days ago that there's apparently been no rise in admissions in hospitals there; and that of the positive tests, the only demographic that has seen a rise is Under-18s (source: Telegraph on the 4th July), the demographic that basically don't die or get seriously ill from Covid.

I thought lockdown was put in place to "save lives" and "protect the NHS". If that's the case, the Leicester lockdown is a massive overreaction isn't it? And if the government are going on purely positive test results to decide on lockdowns, then that is also surely a flawed policy?

Source?

Since the start the problem has been to do with the unknowing transmission from the low-risk demographic to the high-risk demographic. A rise in positive tests means an increased presence of the virus (assuming that the rate of testing is relatively stable - I do not know the numbers behind the story, and you have not presented any), which statistically leads to an increase in infection rates. I think it's an entirely proportionate response for Leicester to continue with lockdown restrictions.

Do you think Sweden's approach to lockdown is a good advert for how to prevent transmission?

Or maybe a Trump-style approach of reducing the number of tests is the way to go?

Miami mayor in "obvious quote of the week" quote

“It’s clear that the growth is exponential at this point,” Miami Mayor Francis Suarez told ABC’s “This Week.”

Also Houston mayor says:
Mayor Sylvester Turner warned the city’s hospitals could reach capacity in about two weeks, with one in four residents testing positive.

So that's gone from Houston Methodist Medical centre to the rest of Houston being full in 2 weeks by his estimate.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/04/flo...w-coronavirus-cases-another-daily-record.html

Well @stalinimp and his wife joined us here in Norwich for a few drinks on Saturday night at The Lamb in the City centre.

No crowds, everyone happily spaced out in the courtyard, table service on the App ... nobody wearing those bloody useless masks either.

A lovely civilised evening it was too.

Dr explaining the Pandemic to a coma patient who just woke up…

Dr: “They shut down the world because of a worldwide pandemic.”
Patient: “OMG! How many people are infected?”
Dr : “About 11 Million.”
Patient: “OMG! 11 million people died?”
Dr: “No, only 500 thousand… Kind of.”
Patient: “What do you mean ‘kind of’?”
Dr: “Well… they keep halving the number of deaths due to double counting, inaccurate tests and mislabelled death certificates. Also, most of the people that die are elderly and dying of other things. There are also people who died because of incorrect ventilator use and other treatments because no-one really understands the virus.”
Patient: “I don’t get it. So how many died from ONLY the virus… like literally dropped dead in the street?”
Dr: “No-one. Only in hospitals and nursing homes”
Patient: “I don’t get it.”
Dr: “Neither do I, it’s a very confusing time.”
Patient: “So they cured the other 11 million people then?”
Dr: “No, most didn’t have any symptoms and in fact they didn’t even know they had it.”
Dr: “Neither do I.”
Patient: “It doesn’t sound very deadly. If the other 11 million people didn’t have symptoms then how do they even know they had the virus?”
Dr: “They were tested.”
Patient: “But you just said that the tests are inaccurate.”
Dr: “They are. No-one has isolated the virus so the tests don’t really test for that.”
Patient: “Ok, so when will this pandemic be over?”
Dr: “When they develop a vaccine to stop the virus.”
Patient: “The virus that nobody gets or dies from.”
Dr: “Exactly.”
Dr: “Neither do I

..... not my work btw :throw:

Big study in Spain about prevalence of Covid19

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31483-5/fulltext

In conclusion, our study provides nationwide and regional estimates of SARS-CoV-2 dissemination in Spain, showing remarkable differences between higher and lower prevalence areas. One in three infections seems to be asymptomatic, while a substantial number of symptomatic cases remained untested. Despite the high impact of COVID-19 in Spain, prevalence estimates remain low and are clearly insufficient to provide herd immunity.

This cannot be achieved without accepting the collateral damage of many deaths in the susceptible population and overburdening of health systems.

In this situation, social distance measures and efforts to identify and isolate new cases and their contacts are imperative for future epidemic control.

Well @stalinimp and his wife joined us here in Norwich for a few drinks on Saturday night at The Lamb in the City centre.

No crowds, everyone happily spaced out in the courtyard, table service on the App ... nobody wearing those bloody useless masks either.

A lovely civilised evening it was too.
I've been to many events where everybody was happily spaced out...

Dr explaining the Pandemic to a coma patient who just woke up…

Dr: “They shut down the world because of a worldwide pandemic.”
Patient: “OMG! How many people are infected?”
Dr : “About 11 Million.”
Patient: “OMG! 11 million people died?”
Dr: “No, only 500 thousand… Kind of.”
Patient: “What do you mean ‘kind of’?”
Dr: “Well… they keep halving the number of deaths due to double counting, inaccurate tests and mislabelled death certificates. Also, most of the people that die are elderly and dying of other things. There are also people who died because of incorrect ventilator use and other treatments because no-one really understands the virus.”
Patient: “I don’t get it. So how many died from ONLY the virus… like literally dropped dead in the street?”
Dr: “No-one. Only in hospitals and nursing homes”
Dr: “Neither do I, it’s a very confusing time.”
Patient: “So they cured the other 11 million people then?”
Dr: “No, most didn’t have any symptoms and in fact they didn’t even know they had it.”
Patient: “It doesn’t sound very deadly. If the other 11 million people didn’t have symptoms then how do they even know they had the virus?”
Dr: “They were tested.”
Patient: “But you just said that the tests are inaccurate.”
Dr: “They are. No-one has isolated the virus so the tests don’t really test for that.”
Patient: “Ok, so when will this pandemic be over?”
Dr: “When they develop a vaccine to stop the virus.”
Patient: “The virus that nobody gets or dies from.”
Dr: “Exactly.”
Dr: “Neither do I

..... not my work btw :throw:

I'm surprised this isn't your own work. It seems easily retarded enough for you.