Coronavirus | Page 127 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Yeah, did you see the anti-lockdown brigade demonstrating? - today of all days - did they not hear about Step 4!

International travel jab certificates is a no brainer. But I must say that I draw the line at producing proof certificates to go to pubs, clubs or sporting events - that is a serious infringement in my book. Understand if measures like this are needed temporarily, but that should be clearly laid out with a finite timescale attached, otherwise you are starting to lay foundations for a police state by stealth.

You probably need to keep up with current events then..
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...f-cyber-surveillance-weapon-nso-group-pegasus

Not sure on numbers before but I think it has roughly been a third of infected people needing treatment.
And I heard it quoted that vaccines have reduced that by four fifths.
So we might now be getting about 5% or so needing treatment.
If numbers of cases are small, then situation is manageable. If though we climb to over 100,000 new infections per day (and climbing exponentially ever higher) then 5% of a lot of people is a lot of people ending up in hospital. And daily death tolls of more than a hundred coming again very soon.

Just sticking a pin in the thread here, it won't be long before it's being touted that the number of people in hospital who are vaccinated is proof that the vaccine doesn't work. I give it about a fortnight...
A 30-something lad at work has been doing so for weeks! Refuses to have the jab and thinks those that do are idiots. It's a shame because, other than his obvious lack of intelligence in this matter, he's an affable chap that I get on with.
His only benefit is that we can't track his movements him with our mobiles!

Just sticking a pin in the thread here, it won't be long before it's being touted that the number of people in hospital who are vaccinated is proof that the vaccine doesn't work. I give it about a fortnight...
Read this morning that it was a mistake and it's 60% unvaccinated in hospital. Not a great mistake to make that, and I'm sure plenty of idiots will choose to believe the original figure.

Read this morning that it was a mistake and it's 60% unvaccinated in hospital. Not a great mistake to make that, and I'm sure plenty of idiots will choose to believe the original figure.

Of course, if we were all vaccinated fully, everyone in hospital with covid would have been double-jabbed! You see, vaccines don't work!

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-bbc-that-pm-denied-covid-would-overwhelm-nhs

In his first TV interview, the prime minister’s former chief adviser said Johnson held out on reimposing Covid restrictions because “the people who are dying are essentially all over 80.”

Wow. Little did Morris, Ianucci and The Day Today crew know that their satire would become reality all too easily.

I'll wait for the evidence from Mr Cummings to back this up before commenting, he has history as a lying t**t to cover his arse (although to be fair he's backed up everything he said in his last interview). He's sure doing a good job for Michael Gove's next run at the leadership though, surely a coincidence?

I'll wait for the evidence from Mr Cummings to back this up before commenting, he has history as a lying t**t to cover his arse (although to be fair he's backed up everything he said in his last interview). He's sure doing a good job for Michael Gove's next run at the leadership though, surely a coincidence?

Agreed, he's a self-serving little toad. Apparently, he's released WhatsApp messages about this, but provenance is all.

As to Gove - undoubtedly. Cummings will be useful to him in fighting off Sunak's bid as well, no doubt.

We're heading for a police state if pretty useless Patel gets her way, not to mention privatising health care.
And of course things would have been 10 times worse under Corbyn...

Agreed, he's a self-serving little toad. Apparently, he's released WhatsApp messages about this, but provenance is all.

As to Gove - undoubtedly. Cummings will be useful to him in fighting off Sunak's bid as well, no doubt.

Cummings worked with Gove for a long spell.
So definitely would do anything to get Gove into number ten.
However, he is releasing actual facts and evidence that totally condemns Johnson (yet again). I just despair though of the media and the brainwashed public.

Media should right now be running round the clock journalistic assassinations of Johnson & his Gov't. We used to see it in the past when a minister would be hounded and hounded for any misdemenour until they quit. Johnson & his cabal are just allowed to get away with the most appalling acts though.

Oh and voters...Tories still going up in the polls? Really??
Why isn't everyone revolting?

Here's the first of what I am sure will be many studies of excess deaths. This one is India
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-during-covid-could-be-10-times-official-toll

As predicted, their official death toll is woefully wrong...
However, using the data, the researchers concluded that the first wave “was also more lethal than is widely believed” and that about 2 million people may have died in the first wave alone.

Arvind Subramanian, one of the authors of the report, said: “After the first wave, which was more spread out, there was a sense that India had escaped the worst because there was this undercounting of deaths, and that led to a culture of complacency. But in the second wave, with all the horrendous images that we saw, that really galvanised Indian society to get to the bottom of the numbers.

The conclusions drawn from comparing the data undermine India’s claim to have one of the world’s lowest deaths per capita. “This shows that India was not an outlier when it came to Covid mortality,” Subramanian said.

I suspect when the excess death reporting is tallied up in a few years time, the UK death rate will actually look a lot better in relation to quite a few other countries.

96 today, highest in a while, here we go again!
Some countries haven't had that many since it started

And with the time lag from daily cases to the hospital cases to then ICU cases to then deaths, these 96 deaths will be a result of when daily cases were back in the 20,000 level.
So expect 250+ deaths in a couple of weeks and so on upwards.

So what do you suggest the government should do .

Firstly all of them quit...
Secondly all distancing and protection measures reinstated.
Thirdly, block all international travel.

Then remain in that careful state until all fully vaccinated and quite possibly a third booster programme gone through too
(Although ethics also is relevant here in that whole world should get vaccines too - we should not expect priority just because we're a wealthy country).

Then remain in that careful state until all fully vaccinated and quite possibly a third booster programme gone through too
(Although ethics also is relevant here in that whole world should get vaccines too - we should not expect priority just because we're a wealthy country).

The economy - if that's what people were really worried about - was actually doing OK and bouncing back. People were "learning to live with the virus" and finding ways to cope with restrictions but keep working. There was no need for a "big bang" re-opening or "freedom day".

Let's be absolutely clear: Johnson has given in - again! - to his lunatic far right-wing back-benchers who regularly threaten to "rebel" if they don't get their bonkers demands met.

Here's Graham Brady, the new chair of the hugely influential Tory 1922 committee: "I believe the real purpose of masks is social control". Stark, staring bonkers.

Fair comments , but all of them quit , that aint going to happen as much as is also like them to . Neither will ban all international travel. As for social distancing , back to as it was pre 19th July . adding to that sports even ie football matches , totally behind closed doors . you cant have family unable to meet when drowds can gather at football matches , As for protection measures assume you mean masks in shop , public transport , not a problem , but if you mean protection for the vulnerable etc that would have to be up to the individual , as for me i dont want to be protected , i'll live the way i want , here on my sundrenched island . lol :cheers::cheers: