Coronavirus | Page 126 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

What I find conpletely bizzare is the government moving countries to the "amber" list the day before we lift all restrictions.

I mean, what's the point?

There is some scientific method behind the madness. Because Delta is so transmissible it accounts for almost 100% of UK infections, but it is very susceptible to the vaccine. As the vaccine continues to roll out, Delta will become tamed (no sign of that yet, I know!). This will leave a gap for Beta to exploit as this variant is less susceptible to the vaccine. It's like the Vaccine v Delta is Fulham v Lincoln, and Beta is Carlisle United.

As usual, though, it's handled in a shambolic way and hasn't been properly explained. Even down to the fact that nearly all France's Beta cases are on the island of La Reunion. All part of the awful UK border control throughout this pandemic.

The thing is they're actually killing the people most likely to vote for them but they're saving a fortune in pension payments, evil bastards the lot of them.
The NHS will be fully privatised during the next Parliament once this lot have completed their wrecking job and selling it off to their mates and American pharmaceutical companies.

We will never know what would have happened with an alternative strategy, but what we do know is the strategy we employed of lockdowns etc resulted in 128k deaths.

Well actually we do know.
You just need to compare across different countries and strategies to see what the different outcomes have been.
And UK on any measure comes pretty much last.
And it's not like mistakes were unfortunate. In fact decisions taken were deliberately taken and known to be wrong at the time. The Herd Immunity strategy was deliberately pursued for several weeks at the start despite all advice against it.
International travel was not stopped despite all advice that it should be.
Lockdown was delayed despite all advice to do it.
Lockdown was ended despite all advice to do so.
And same in the autumn...again re-lockdown was not ordered for several weeks despite all advice that it should be, and then was pulled back from so we could all "party at Christmas" only for that to be wrong too and that failure caused the biggest and deadliest wave yet.
And now despite rapidly rising cases heading to way higher levels than yet seen, once again the totally wrong decisions to end every single restriction are being railroaded through with absolutely no sense whatsoever.

At every stage the decisions made (and failed to be made) have been against all advice or sense and against any senss of humanity - let's not forget Johnson's revolting comment "Let the bodies pile high".
He and all his callous gang care zero for anyone else except themselves.

Yep, I know of several people at work who deleted after 40 people were pinged (the majority of whom have since tested positive), because they don't want the hassle of isolating.

Might I add to the SK debate that the country is now posting record case levels thanks to the Delta variant. There was no immunity there, there never was, and their decision to go into lockdown as soon as they did saved thousands of lives.

And the final answer to the whole 'lockdowns and testing don't work' claim so badly argued on here - they do when they're done properly and promptly, as with New Zealand. That is all.

And New Zealand, Japan, Taiwan, Australia, all made full use of of their island atatus advantage. We alone blew that.

The thing is they're actually killing the people most likely to vote for them but they're saving a fortune in pension payments, evil bastards the lot of them.
The NHS will be fully privatised during the next Parliament once this lot have completed their wrecking job and selling it off to their mates and American pharmaceutical companies.

And on pensions (and benefits) I did actually read comments and articles last spring, when this was all getting underway, written by Tories openly saying this was a good chance to get rid of many of those who cost society a lot of money - the elderly and disabled...
I've no doubt the removing of all restrictions now is also being treated as a further chance to get rid of such people.

And on pensions (and benefits) I did actually read comments and articles last spring, when this was all getting underway, written by Tories openly saying this was a good chance to get rid of many of those who cost society a lot of money - the elderly and disabled...
I've no doubt the removing of all restrictions now is also being treated as a further chance to get rid of such people.
Course it is, the disabled have suffered the most, they really are the modern day nazis picking off the weakest in society.
Pity Johnson and his cronies aren't exactly the vision of physical perfection themselves.

And the government announces NHS app may be required for entry to night-clubs... but not until September. I think you'll find it might be a bit late by then.

So a UK government spokesman has said a third of those pinged by the track and trace app develop symptoms....

Which more than proves its necessity !
And also proves how wrong it would be to make it less effective...that will just cause more and more infection spreading.

And the government announces NHS app may be required for entry to night-clubs... but not until September. I think you'll find it might be a bit late by then.

Proof of double vaccination. It's basically a stick (or carrot?) to persuade the remaining under 30s to get jabbed because there is now so much hesitancy. If there's a big uptick in that age group in the next 6 weeks expect this to be ditched (and quite rightly).

Tory voters getting annoyed with a right wing government they voted for, because they're taking away their liberties.
Don't you need a certificate to prove you've had certain jabs to get into some countries ?
Surely this is the same thing?
One anti-vaccer says we'll be all be dead in two years from being double jabbed, this country is full of utter cranks!

Tory voters getting annoyed with a right wing government they voted for, because they're taking away their liberties.
Don't you need a certificate to prove you've had certain jabs to get into some countries ?
Surely this is the same thing?
One anti-vaccer says we'll be all be dead in two years from being double jabbed, this country is full of utter cranks!

Yeah, did you see the anti-lockdown brigade demonstrating? - today of all days - did they not hear about Step 4!

International travel jab certificates is a no brainer. But I must say that I draw the line at producing proof certificates to go to pubs, clubs or sporting events - that is a serious infringement in my book. Understand if measures like this are needed temporarily, but that should be clearly laid out with a finite timescale attached, otherwise you are starting to lay foundations for a police state by stealth.

Yeah, did you see the anti-lockdown brigade demonstrating? - today of all days - did they not hear about Step 4!

International travel jab certificates is a no brainer. But I must say that I draw the line at producing proof certificates to go to pubs, clubs or sporting events - that is a serious infringement in my book. Understand if measures like this are needed temporarily, but that should be clearly laid out with a finite timescale attached, otherwise you are starting to lay foundations for a police state by stealth.
Get where coming from but sadly people voted for a bunch of right wing nut jobs and things like are going to keep unless the spineless backbenchers stand up to them, but can you see the likes of McCartney doing that? No me either.
Police state control and NHS privatised through the backdoor, welcome to Johnson's Britain!

Back the 80s the police were known as thatchers army cos they did her dirty work for her, Johnson wants the same thing but unlike thatcher he won't give them whacking great payrises like my dad's generation of coppers got back then.
20% some years.
Surely this country will wake up to this lot soon and their dodgy behaviour.