Coronavirus | Page 289 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

I was thinking today as I was doing my therapeutic gardening, that relaxing lockdown to 6 people feels like a big move. I would struggle to meet up with 6 mates on a good day!

SAGE have raised concerns, which is concerning in itself.

For me, the next step should’ve been that we can see immediately family once per week. There’s a big difference in your judgement if you think you have COVID, as to whether you see other people versus family.

No chance of this virus “burning out” here, not that that was ever really on the cards though I’m sure the advisors said words along the lines of “this thing burning out”.

As disgraceful as Boris and co have been, I’d like to hear back some of the quotes over the past few months that Jenny Harries & co were spouting. This is probably a symptom of a poor government not listening, though these chief medical advisors seem awfully behind a lot of other countries in terms of their up-do-date skill set and have for me, not wanted to learn from others about this NEW virus. Except Van Tam, he’s a good guy - no one can’t criticise him.

Last edited:
Just so pleased that someone has restored my faith in saying what is right, not saying what you think your 'superiors' want to hear. He hasn't take the easy route, he has taken the right (righteous) route. It doesn't always make you friends in high places, but I have a big theme in life and it is this simple...... if you do the right things in life, you can put your head on the pillow at night with a clear conscience.

Could not be more impressed in Van Tam today, and as said, it has restored my faith that there are good people at the 'top' trying to serve us for the greater good, not their own ends.

Just seen the pictures and read about Durdle Door today. Well done the government and Cummings , this is the knock on effect in full evidence.
Bet most of these idiots are out clapping on Thursday nights too.
https://news.sky.com/story/dorset-three-seriously-injured-cliff-jumping-at-durdle-door-11997715
Well if we go by the figures of 1 in 400 people infected... must be what? 6 people infected there... with no or little social distancing. And thats just 1 beach. They were probably all like that.
As for the jumpers.... thats just natural selection at its best. Unfortunately draining resources as they go. Idiots.

That is the result of Johnson and the two 'independent' nodding dogs who didn't clamp down on the disgrace that is Cummings. Gove and the other lickspittles can be added in as well. More interested in keeping their jobs than doing the right thing and keeping us safe.

Downing Street consider the matter closed.

I don't, you ****s. And as for each and every one on that beach and behaving in the same way elsewhere, **** you too.

Unbelievable isn't it? Is over 40 000 deaths not enough proof that things have to be done right for us to move towards (horrible phrase) a new normal?

Sheep need to be led, sadly we have no leaders and so more people will die.

Kind of that stark, and that simple isn't it?

Putting the Great into Great Britain.

I bet the majority of those people wouldn't have gone to the beach if it was a normal day without lockdown. But for some reason feel they have to as some sort of show of you can't tell me what to do.

Covid-19 has shown this country is regressing as a society.

Maybe it's my cynical mind but I have for a long while scoffed at people at this country with their faux shows of unity when the nation supposedly comes together like when England play in a sporting tournament or they are dancing and singing arms around each other in the streets on News Years Eve. When the Queen said the country had come together like during WW2. I scoffed. My Mum told me I was wrong. She now thinks I was right.
When push comes to shove, and push has come to shove since March. Too many people have done what THEY want to do and fcuk everyone else. True colours shown . And I include people I regard as friends I have known for years who have shocked me with their treatment of lockdown and the crises at times.

Selfish society .

Not sure which day this was from, but pretty stark. (not fact checked to be fair)

View attachment 39818
Saw this on Facebook earlier too, not sure on the accuracy of the data but if even remotely close it is hugely alarming if having such a high number of daily deaths compared to other countries is considered “safe”

Apparently several scientists in the government SAGE group have also expressed concerns on removing lockdown. Worrying disregard for people’s safety, honestly couldn’t say I trust the government in the slightest on this anymore... I mean I didn’t trust them much before but could at least give them the benefit of the doubt on some of these unprecedented issues but they just don’t look like they actually care anymore

I was only thinking yesterday the litter was starting to build up again, plastic bottles etc , normally it's far worse as we live near a school and this isn't exactly an area where there are many responsible parents

World class shambles

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...82pnEvnqhagQM6XLKkcFPzgSU65c9Z39R1qhCmW5YChII

(and the images above of the litter, mankind is stupid, will never learn and I think this planet must be so tired of trying to support our stupidity)

Sums the shambles and farce caused by Cunmings. Rolling out systems and procedures that aren’t ready to try to put some good news in the press.

These government organisations and government led operations are a shambles. The bureaucrats at the top aren’t used to the pressure of delivery in a situation like this and they’re employing any old souls to do the work. I imagine there is layer after layer of bureaucracy too for simple things to get approved or investment signed off.

I wonder if it’s all government or if it was outsourced? You then get these “preferred supplier” type companies who are there purely to profit from government contracts. Fair enough, they have to make a profit but it’s their sole objective rather than their objective to offer a good service or what have you.

Last edited: