Coronavirus | Page 291 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Its official. Teachers are pissing me off .

Union rep whinging on the tv quoting the things that suit his argument

Seems to be what they can't do as oppose to what they can do . No adapting , no thinking out the box. Just sporadic and non sensical decisions from individual schools.

Yes the government are not leading but too few schools and teachers are taking the easy option and not moving hell and high water to get education back into some semblance of normality . How can it be that in the LEA area one school has given online lessons from the get go but another has chosen not to and is allowed not to.

Health, Law and Order and education are the fundamentals. 2 have had to and in the main at the sharp end got their house in order . The authorities at all levels of education are letting the kids down with their can't do attitude in my humble.

I had to laugh at Jennie Harries a few days ago when she said playgrounds would remain closed as kids would find it impossible to social distance............................

Letter received by post today from my MP (Julian knight) after my email on the back of the Cummings debacle .
Couple of paragraphs of generic waffle / political answer , but ! Final paragraph fairly scathing about the barnard castle trip and that he'd made his concerns around feedback known.
Pleased I got a response and with the tone of it

So we now have a sex ban on couples not living together and are reviewing our travel ban as it was two months too late.

The shambles continues. The Europeans - who have had some bad numbers - must be laughing at us.

Letter received by post today from my MP (Julian knight) after my email on the back of the Cummings debacle .
Couple of paragraphs of generic waffle / political answer , but ! Final paragraph fairly scathing about the barnard castle trip and that he'd made his concerns around feedback known.
Pleased I got a response and with the tone of it

I await my reply then.

Tories split on the travel quarentine with a few apparently calling it daft.

Saw on the news but apparently the papers are full of it today

I liked a section of newsnight last night. A quick summary

Not all pandemics have a 2nd wave. 68/69 had no phases.

The transition patterns of COVID19 isn't clear yet.

Denmark who had back to school and other lightening of restrictions in April hae had no spike. South Korea did (one man in a club I think partly to blame for that?)

Italy, 10 days of easing and tomorrow is the last of easing (today and tomorrow I think) and they have had no sign of increases in infections or deaths.

Experts in Northern Italy are saying the disease seems to be becoming less aggressive.

So there is hope folks!

I think this is pretty damning.

The UK's statistics watchdog has criticised the government over its handling of coronavirus testing data.

The chairman of the UK Statistics Authority says presentation of figures appeared to be aimed at showing "the largest possible number of tests, even at the expense of understanding".

Sir David Norgrove has written to Health Secretary Matt Hancock saying the information is "far from complete".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52889103

Sir David Norgrove, head of the UK stats watchdog pulls no punches and makes it abundantly clear that he thinks the presentation of testing numbers in England is unacceptable.

The government has not so far explained how many home test kits sent out to the public have actually been returned. Figures for the number of people tested as opposed to the number of tests carried out are not currently available

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52889103