Coronavirus | Page 100 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Boris showing his true colours then making up a lame excuse to back track”

“Britain did not take up an invitation to join the EU-wide procurement scheme for ventilators launched at the same time as Mr Johnson’s appeal to British industry. Asked why, the prime minister’s spokesman initially said that “we are no longer members of the EU”, adding that this was an “area in which we are making our own efforts”.

A government spokesman later blamed an email mix-up as accusations grew that Mr Johnson had put Brexit ideology ahead of the national interest. The spokesman added: “Owing to an initial communication problem, the UK did not receive an invitation in time to join four joint procurements in response to the coronavirus pandemic“

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/ventilator-crunch-looms-after-snubbing-eu-action-6s7tg3vnw

I see our none joined-up NHS systems are at it again.

My Daughter 36 has had "THE letter" telling her to stay in for 12 weeks as she is vulnerable, she isn't even sure why. She has or had asthma as a child hasn't used an inhaler for 20 years but she is now very overweight but hasn't been weighed since she had the boys 12 months ago, so we are guessing it's her weight. her BMI was 32 when she was pregnant, it will be higher now but they don't know that

My BMI was 36 now it's 39 again I don't have a letter and I'm 62

Her Mother in Law who lives next door has her heart working at 40% and is recovering from a mastectomy for breast cancer she is 70, NO LETTER! She has self-isolated for weeks and weeks of her own accord she is terrified of catching a normal cold never mind this

FFS you couldn't write this nonsense

Boris showing his true colours then making up a lame excuse to back track”

“Britain did not take up an invitation to join the EU-wide procurement scheme for ventilators launched at the same time as Mr Johnson’s appeal to British industry. Asked why, the prime minister’s spokesman initially said that “we are no longer members of the EU”, adding that this was an “area in which we are making our own efforts”.

A government spokesman later blamed an email mix-up as accusations grew that Mr Johnson had put Brexit ideology ahead of the national interest. The spokesman added: “Owing to an initial communication problem, the UK did not receive an invitation in time to join four joint procurements in response to the coronavirus pandemic“

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/ventilator-crunch-looms-after-snubbing-eu-action-6s7tg3vnw

Fuck me I knew someone would find a way of blaming Brexit, haven't heard a word form the EU in this crisis, not a thing Italy Spain going it alone Germany the same and I've heard fuck all about any other country. They sure aren't sharing anything hardware-wise

Italy and Spain they are dying like rats what are the EU doing for them fuck all the because the eurocrats that run it are looking after number one their own own countries.
Just like we are

That's as clear as mud, so clear even the people who sent out the letters aren't too sure .

I had a flu jab a couple of months ago, the doctor said oh you are only 62 don't know why you need one, I said I had one last year, she checks ah that must be because of your BMI but now it's below 40 you don't really need one but I'll do it anyway.

Don't get me wrong as my Family are all following the rules but those looking for a loophole to blame not getting a letter will no doubt use the fact that nobody told them in writing

Did anyone go outside and clap for the NHS last night ?

We did and to be honest it was pretty emotional for us , given Miss Sir Dennis's occupation.

Lovely response in our road.

Not round here mate they are too busy hiding bog rolls and having BBq's. It's Smethwick need I say more, well I can't or I'd be accused of racism

Well if your daughter doesn't suffer from any of those conditions or takes any of the medication listed then not sure why she has had a letter. My Mom had breast cancer but is clear now and has been for about 12 months so she hasn't had a letter , presumably because she is not undergoing treatment.

Well if your daughter doesn't suffer from any of those conditions or takes any of the medication listed then not sure why she has had a letter. My Mom had breast cancer but is clear now and has been for about 12 months so she hasn't had a letter , presumably because she is not undergoing treatment.

Mad isn't it, she lives feet from her mother in law but they use different surgeries, My Daughter uses Ombersley and her MIL a different one.
It must be because records show she was in the hospital having the boys.

they have admitted the grouping of people who will get the letter isn't perfect, they've simply done the best they can, to compile who they think will be at risk. Think it was one of the experts at the briefings who said that some contacted might not even be at risk now, but there will be numbers for them to ring.

I agree that not having the protective equipment ready for NHS staff was a disaster. It's like they were hoping it wouldn't be as bad as China, with no evidence to support it.

As said before, Alan Johnson was saying this is a 3 times a century event, he didn't politically point score.

BUT if this is the case, and it is, then every government should be ready, it would surely not cost that much to keep up to date masks and gloves, goggles etc and as they start to get nearer expiry, they could be used in the NHS and new ones stockpiled.

It wouldn't be that expensivce.

And to have stuff in a wharehouse and not distribute is scandalous. The army is there for that sort of thing, I'm sure the ambulance drivers would also help and as is very clear, the general public would also have gone and helped distribute.

AJ also did say the time for questions is when through all this, I hope this time lessons are learned and hard questions asked.

10 years of austerity (whether needed or not, so lets not go too political) is obviously going to have taken its toll.

Fuck me I knew someone would find a way of blaming Brexit, haven't heard a word form the EU in this crisis, not a thing Italy Spain going it alone Germany the same and I've heard fuck all about any other country. They sure aren't sharing anything hardware-wise

Italy and Spain they are dying like rats what are the EU doing for them fuck all the because the eurocrats that run it are looking after number one their own own countries.
Just like we are

Not entirely true. Germany are helping treat patients from Italy.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...oronavirus-care-crosses-borders-idUSKBN21B2GL