Coronavirus | Page 846 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

I think I have it. Kids announced two days ago they have it, and we all ate together a number of times during the infectious period.
The cough isn't that bad, the aches and headache aren't too bad either, but the feeling of being sick is horrible.
Stay away from here Melon.

Because Mrs M is nhs we have lft's. Headache yesterday and was negative. Woke up with sore throat and now positive This is first time I have knowingly had it. So that's a full house at Melon Towers currently.

Because Mrs M is nhs we have lft's. Headache yesterday and was negative. Woke up with sore throat and now positive This is first time I have knowingly had it. So that's a full house at Melon Towers currently.
Sorry to here that. Haven't bothered with test, kids both confirmed, and Mrs wittonite is also poorly. I shall just sit it out and hope it's just a mild dose.

Personally, I'm glad that after flying over and spending a week in Birmingham, I'm feeling fine, particularly after it's now a full 5 days since I returned and although jabbed up, it was a concern.

Best wishes to everyone else for a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
I would say at least I am getting it 4 weeks before I am due to fly. (Should have good immunity for a bit now?).

But, as I am supposed to be flying with BA its a moot point :lol:

Estimated figures as well. Not based on tests. Think it will be higher. People are not testing/being given test kits and even those who are testing are not submitting results. We have tests in the house because Mrs M is NHS. But none of us have submited the positive tests results we had in the last week . I tried but there wasn’t an option for my ‘regular’ test .

Only 211 in intensive care though which in comparison to 3,700 in Jan 21 shows the vaccines are working when infections are so massively high.

However, I still maintain that we could and should still be doing simple things like public place mask wearing to assist.

Far more infectious that it has been before, far less likely to cause death is what I'm reading. Still causing NHS issues which is never a good thing.

It is morphing in the way it was hoped and we've discussed in this thread - I know I've posted things especially early on - that although the horror stories will tell you about morphing into incurable nightmares (which fine, could happen, one day) it is far more likely to weaken, and become more like a common cold.

Seems the NHS issue at the moment is more staff falling ill and having to isolate again rather than increased treatment numbers.

The more infectious side of things makes sense. Hence the whole Melon household getting it for the first time (knowingly). And that’s with me going to football , junior 1 at uni etc.

And I can report that it ain’t a common cold yet either. Nasty little shit and bizarre as well.

The issue with the NHS is a decade plus of chronic underfunding and compounded mis-management. It's a service that will collapse within the next decade unless radical action is taken.

Amazing isn’t it how everyone thinks this and says this about the underfunding yet the government just ignores it or tries to suggest otherwise.

I managed to stick with QT a bit the other night and there was a nurse on there , clearly massively experienced mature lady, articulate and level headed in making her point which was about the under funding and how they are struggling . Are these sort of people making it up for kicks and giggles. Of course not .

Amazing isn’t it how everyone thinks this and says this about the underfunding yet the government just ignores it or tries to suggest otherwise.

I managed to stick with QT a bit the other night and there was a nurse on there , clearly massively experienced mature lady, articulate and level headed in making her point which was about the under funding and how they are struggling . Are these sort of people making it up for kicks and giggles. Of course not .
It's sad isn't it? The government doesn't care about the health of it's people. We now have a second rate service when once upon a time it was world leading.

I now have private medical insurance because I recognise that the NHS has too much of a backlog and is under too much strain to offer a service that I can frankly trust for certain things. I actually recently had a cancer scare and a scan would have taken weeks on the NHS, privately it was done within 5 days. I've lost confidence in it all.

The more infectious side of things makes sense. Hence the whole Melon household getting it for the first time (knowingly). And that’s with me going to football , junior 1 at uni etc.

And I can report that it ain’t a common cold yet either. Nasty little shit and bizarre as well.

Yes, just read another article on the bbc, saying it isn't going to that level (cold) so it is more like a flu and as anyone who has had flu knows (proper flu) it is a vile virus and knocks you flying.