Coronavirus | Page 847 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

It's sad isn't it? The government doesn't care about the health of it's people. We now have a second rate service when once upon a time it was world leading.

I now have private medical insurance because I recognise that the NHS has too much of a backlog and is under too much strain to offer a service that I can frankly trust for certain things. I actually recently had a cancer scare and a scan would have taken weeks on the NHS, privately it was done within 5 days. I've lost confidence in it all.

The Gov hide nicely behind the massive sums the NHS gets without acknowledging the massive overspending that goes on and layers of middle management that aren't actually needed - let alone uber well paid Trust execs who are consistently rewarded well for failure.

The Gov hide nicely behind the massive sums the NHS gets without acknowledging the massive overspending that goes on and layers of middle management that aren't actually needed - let alone uber well paid Trust execs who are consistently rewarded well for failure.
You try getting rid of them though Mike and the Unions and the Labour Party are up in arms.

whilst the pandemic is over ...

Covid cases are likely to pass 350,000 a day for the first time in the UK next week, a leading forecaster has predicted.

And they could shoot up to around 650,000 cases a day in the Autumn, when up to one in ten people would be infected at any one time, he warned.

Daily symptomatic infections in the UK have exceeded 300,000 a day to stand at 325,337 – almost three times as high as they were at the start of June and close to their all-time high of 349,011,

I must admit I have been pretty rough with this one. Been in bed for 2 days .

I first tested positive 9 days ago and I tested this morning and I am still positive.

I still have cough and feel coldy but I am back to work. However , not going to office as still positive.

Mrs M went to Dr's and is still off work. She has suspected tonsillitis and Dr said it's covid related if not still actually covid.

Dr told Mrs M that these variants are worse than original omicron and that the vaccines while working are waning which is impacting.

Happy days.

I first tested positive 9 days ago and I tested this morning and I am still positive.

I still have cough and feel coldy but I am back to work. However , not going to office as still positive.

Mrs M went to Dr's and is still off work. She has suspected tonsillitis and Dr said it's covid related if not still actually covid.

Dr told Mrs M that these variants are worse than original omicron and that the vaccines while working are waning which is impacting.

Happy days.

Interesting. I have had a really sore throat as well , which if I hadn't tested positive I would have said tonsilitis. Out of ten of us who did Park Run on Saturday and then went for a coffee , 5 have gone down with Covid.

Interesting. I have had a really sore throat as well , which if I hadn't tested positive I would have said tonsilitis. Out of ten of us who did Park Run on Saturday and then went for a coffee , 5 have gone down with Covid.

Our neighbours have just got back from a cruise (last Monday) both have Covid and sadly Dave is now hospitalised. Covid19 ain't gone anywhere, Ideal time to buy masks before the prices rocket again.

First time, my breathing (pre vaccine) was far worse, but I didn't feel as unwell as I did with the last one.

Anyway, get well soon mate.

Cheers. Yes first time I had one night when I got a little scared as my breathing was pretty dodgy.

I suppose us elite athletes feel it worse though.

I haven't had Covid so far.

I picked up two friends from the airport on Sunday, and they had symptoms, so we all wore masks. They called me on Monday morning to inform me they had tested positive. I am still negative.

Masks do seem to make a difference.
I went to the office for the first time in ages, I was one of three people I could see in a fairly busy carriage who was wearing a mask. Shocking.

Bloke in our team at work gone down with it. We were all together in the office on Tuesday so the next few days could get interesting

The NHS is facing “intense pressure” to maintain staffing levels and treat patients in the face of rising Covid rates.

Data from the Office for National Statistics showed around 2.71 million people in the UK had Covid in the last week of June - up 18% from the week before.

Hospitalisations are also rising with 11,316 people in hospital in the UK with Covid in the last week of June - up almost 3,000 on the week before.

Dr Naru Narayanan, president of the HCSA – the hospital doctors’ union – told the Guardian he was extremely concerned about the rise in Covid cases in hospital and he was hearing regular reports of rising staff absences because of Covid.