Coronavirus | Page 682 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

So it’s no worse than a bit of man flu? And we continue to hold back the economy for a few deaths per day?

On the one hand, we don’t want to go back to the shit. On the other, it doesn’t seem to me like we will - third wave or not, it’s the death statistics that are more important.

All this because we didn’t lock India out as we were chasing a trade deal.

Given the massive spike in infections, makes all the sense in the world until we see the fortnight fall out from that.

Massive spike? We were getting 60k per day at the height. We're only getting 7k per day now and hospitalisations and deaths have only gone up fractionally.

Think they're taking the piss a bit now.

Massive spike? We were getting 60k per day at the height. We're only getting 7k per day now and hospitalisations and deaths have only gone up fractionally.

And how many days ago was it only in the 100's not the 7000's?

I'd call that a massive spike, it's irrelevant what it 'had' been, all that's relevant is what it was and now is.

We now need to see what the fortnight lag to hospital admissions and ICU's and then deaths are again.

The only taking the piss I see are those out bloody protesting because they are too thick to know what 'not before' means and for falling for all this Freedom Day bollocks, when the reality is we aren't locking down again - it'll be a continuation of the existing restrictions.

Distance, masks, don't lick people.

Hardly even an inconvenience.

It has gone from 100's though, to over 7000 and the one article I read said this is the trajectory that takes us to 100 000 a day and stress on the NHS again.

The best bit now, is how much the link is being broken by the vaccines. Imagine if the vaccines hadn't worked?!

The worst bit is Johnson giving pretty definitive dates for 'freedom' and no restrictions, so everyone aims for that date, then the fuck head has to backtrack (and yes, there were some caveats but he didn't explain that much, the great big ****)

Must admit, I'd have those who have had 2 vaccinations 'set free' once a fair amount of the 20's are done as well. Those that can't have them, are special cases and need to be looked after. Those who won't? Just fuck off! No treatment, no pubs, not nothing. Those idiots deserve our anger.

the positive tested, forget which virologist the other day said this probably means there are twice as many not tested with it

1623692071294.png

It means remaining restrictions - affecting things like clubbing, festivals and capacity in pubs and restaurants - will stay in place until at least 19 July.

As was said in February.
Hopefully fcuktards will read it this time and stop moaning about the non existent ‘freedom day’. Like last time this isn‘t an end date .

And yes I do agree to an extent that the buffoon should make himself clear but sometimes the great British public need to take responsibility for their own lives.

Realistically how many lives are going to be saved by extending restrictions? 30-40 if the rolling death count doubled.

Is that enough to justify crippling business, ruining livelihoods, the impact on peoples mental health etc? I'm not sure. Maybe I'm heartless. Obviously I'd feel for the families of those 30-40 people but I always thought we made decisions for the greater good? We can't save everyone.

Part of thinking is to get it right once and for all. Better to get out and stay out of lockdown rather than in and out. So that unfortunate as it is for some is a greater good decision.

Although it was a great idea long ago which the buffoon and Co failed to implement.

If you look at the slides, the Alpha variant has really been squashed. If the Delta hadn't cropped up, we'd be opening up now.

But the doubling, then doubling of the doubling and so on, takes a good two weeks to fully kick in. So the deaths from a low point, soon because in their thousands.

We've been badly let down not shutting down sooner and doing quarantining like NZ, Australia etc. And being weak on those not following the rules. Not to mention those who won't be vaccinated.

The problem is, it isn't just about death, from my understanding, it is letting it spread at any old rate, and then how the mutations could do even more harm.

The BBC article I put up the other day was good re the R rate... as it says, the worst virus spread wise is measels, at 18... the Delta is 7 or 8 I think, will look in a minute.

Put this up the other day... worth looking at ...

Weakened not broken the chain so far according to this article. Decent overview of why the end of restrictions might be delayed. If only Johnson hadn't promised 'freedom day' to people. He's going to leave many shattered, again. And more not following the rules as well I would guess.

What is less clear, however, is what this means for hospital cases. It is often said that vaccination has broken the link between infections and hospitalisations - and if people are not getting seriously sick, then it does not matter if infection levels rise.
But at this stage it appears to have weakened it rather than broken it. Admissions have already started rising, albeit not as fast as they did in September, the last time infections were rising at this rate. The rate of hospitalisations appears to be less than half of what it was then, although there are only a few days of data to draw on so scientists cannot be certain

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57434493

Realistically how many lives are going to be saved by extending restrictions? 30-40 if the rolling death count doubled.

Is that enough to justify crippling business, ruining livelihoods, the impact on peoples mental health etc? I'm not sure. Maybe I'm heartless. Obviously I'd feel for the families of those 30-40 people but I always thought we made decisions for the greater good? We can't save everyone.

The basic thing in any medical emergency is to save lives/preserve life and to me that's as relevant in this global pandemic as it is in a motor cyclist being hit by a car. That motor cyclist might have life changing injuries and doesn't want to live on , the police attending might have to let the hit and run driver go as they are busy first on scene tending to the injured party. But the paramedics and police in a medical emergency disregard everything else to preserve life. I think this is the thinking here. Article 2 Human rights act. Right to life. Its enshrined in everything now.

Not sure I want to live in a country where a trip to the theatre or night club is more important than my loved ones tbh.