Coronavirus | Page 680 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Just found someone's vaccination card in our front garden whilst putting the rubbish out.
No name on it ,no first batch number just AZ 14/3/21 date
The second vaccine has a batch number and today's date

Seems very fishy to me, anyone could get hold of it and write their name on it .
It's now in my bin, Feck em litter louts

Just back from the vaccination centre as my missus had her 2nd jab. It was busier than ever but normally there are both the AZ and Pfizer jabs being given. This time it was only the AZ one, so I wonder if they had run out of the Pfizer jabs.

Just back from the vaccination centre as my missus had her 2nd jab. It was busier than ever but normally there are both the AZ and Pfizer jabs being given. This time it was only the AZ one, so I wonder if they had run out of the Pfizer jabs.

Saving it for us youngsters (hopefully)

i'm due my Pfizer2 any day now . Hopefully it wont be 6 weeks of discomfort and a hospital visit / X-Ray this time

Weakened not broken the chain so far according to this article. Decent overview of why the end of restrictions might be delayed. If only Johnson hadn't promised 'freedom day' to people. He's going to leave many shattered, again. And more not following the rules as well I would guess.

What is less clear, however, is what this means for hospital cases. It is often said that vaccination has broken the link between infections and hospitalisations - and if people are not getting seriously sick, then it does not matter if infection levels rise.
But at this stage it appears to have weakened it rather than broken it. Admissions have already started rising, albeit not as fast as they did in September, the last time infections were rising at this rate. The rate of hospitalisations appears to be less than half of what it was then, although there are only a few days of data to draw on so scientists cannot be certain

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57434493

Massive spike in cases again - have to hope ICU numbers don't follow.

They really should be drilling down numbers now though - how many 2 jabbed, how many 1, how many none - drive the point that way.

For anyone feeling a bit rough at worst, count yourself lucky. My mum had her second AZ jab a few weeks ago, went dizzy and temporarily lost her sight for a day in one eye. They think she had a mini stroke. They seem reluctant to attribute it to the vaccine (which might just be coincidence) for obvious reasons.

Really important we give the youngsters Pfizer, because dying from such blood clots which are a higher risk than dying from the disease is the most ridiculous thing, the rollout is not a race to the finish for the sake of it.

For anyone feeling a bit rough at worst, count yourself lucky. My mum had her second AZ jab a few weeks ago, went dizzy and temporarily lost her sight for a day in one eye. They think she had a mini stroke. They seem reluctant to attribute it to the vaccine (which might just be coincidence) for obvious reasons.

Really important we give the youngsters Pfizer, because dying from such blood clots which are a higher risk than dying from the disease is the most ridiculous thing, the rollout is not a race to the finish for the sake of it.

Sorry to hear that bro, awful times.

Well it's easy to see why the numbers are going up. I've just got back from Meadowhall Shopping Centre in Sheffield. Only went there as it's my youngsters birthday next week and had to get him to try on some trainers as he's awkward with sizes. The policy there is everyone except for under 11's have to wear a mask unless eating or drinking. Guess what ...... around 80% of the black and Asian population weren't wearing one. I only saw one Asian guy challenged by security and his answer was I've got asthma. Well if your asthma is that bad, why are you walking around a massive shopping centre. Yet I saw security having a go at every white person not wearing one and I even saw them threatening to throw white people out if they refused to abide by the rules.

Does that therefore mean that 90% of the black and Asian population suffer from asthma?

So easy to see why the Indian variant is the cause of over 90% of UK infections.

I won't be going there again for a while.

A work colleague of Mrs M, her other half has had one jab and has been in bed for a week after testing positive .
Looking at it positively. I suppose any similar type of illness of this nature could floor you for a few days. Would be interesting to know if the jab prevented worse in these situations though .

Interesting article on how covid is mutating and looking at how much worse the mutations could get.

The original covid in China had an RO number of 2.4-2.6 then Europe's first wave had gone to 3, then Alpha 4-5, Delta 5-8 ... and as they say, measles has an RO of 18

RO: The cleanest way of comparing the pure biological spreading power of viruses is to look at their R0 (pronounced R-naught). It's the average number of people each infected person passes a virus on to if nobody were immune and nobody took extra precautions to avoid getting infected.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57431420

Heard on the radio this morning that 12 people who were fully vaccinated have died from or with covid, all had other health issues but I didn't catch what age they were either or the timeframe. I'd like more info on this.
Also, I'd like a breakdown of those 17 who died yesterday ie have they been in hospital for a week a month 3 months etc before they died. Some may be long term ventilated patients for all we know that just died this week

Heard on the radio this morning that 12 people who were fully vaccinated have died from or with covid, all had other health issues but I didn't catch what age they were either or the timeframe. I'd like more info on this.
Also, I'd like a breakdown of those 17 who died yesterday ie have they been in hospital for a week a month 3 months etc before they died. Some may be long term ventilated patients for all we know that just died this week

Agree ‘57. I know it’s sad that these people have died, but it’s important for the health and well-being of the 65 million who want and have to know what effect the vaccines are having and give us more light at the end of the tunnel.

If people are dying having been offered a vaccine but not taken it, that for me is a bit tough shit.