Coronavirus | Page 636 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Good news on the mortality figures (although thoughts with the individual families) and even better news non-essential shops are opening.

Just don’t fuck it up people.

Oops.

An update to England and Wales's contact tracing app has been blocked for breaking the terms of an agreement made with Apple and Google.

The plan had been to ask users to upload logs of venue check-ins - carried out via poster barcode scans - if they tested positive for the virus. This could be used to warn others.

But the two firms had explicitly banned such a function from the start.

Under the terms that all health authorities signed up to in order to use Apple and Google's privacy-centric contact-tracing tech, they had to agree not to collect any location data via the software.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-56713017

Police should be out arresting anyone queuing for pubs and shops as these bellends are the ones who have been causing all the trouble.
I'm joking of course but if they have that mentality they really should be discreetly exterminated

Who is getting 1st jabs now?

If we're over 32 million that all over 50's and at risk right?

So who is still getting jabbed and why haven't they opened it up to lower age groups?

I know there's supply issues and they are focusing on 2nd doses I'm just intrigued who is getting first doses when everyone in the priority groups must have now been done?

Who is getting 1st jabs now?

If we're over 32 million that all over 50's and at risk right?

So who is still getting jabbed and why haven't they opened it up to lower age groups?

I know there's supply issues and they are focusing on 2nd doses I'm just intrigued who is getting first doses when everyone in the priority groups must have now been done?

This one says delayed - which is what I've read several times - and that it will be concentrating on 2nd jabs this month (numbers have shot up for those)

Vaccine supplies are expected to be delayed in April, but the government insists all adults will still be offered their first dose by the end of July.
However, people under 50 without underlying medical conditions in England may now have to wait until May.
They will be vaccinated in order of age:
  • 40-49 years
  • 30-39 years
  • 18-29 years
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55045639

This one,, sorry to link to'this lot' says this week!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ines-UK-People-40s-invited-jabs-tomorrow.html

People in their 40s will be invited for their Covid-19 vaccinations from tomorrow after the Government hit its target to inoculate priority groups.

Those in their late 40s are expected to get their jabs first as the next phase of the rollout kicks off after a 'record-breaking day' for second doses yesterday, with figures showing 475,230 vaccinations in the previous 24 hours.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...kdown-pubs-restaurants-vaccine-latest-updates

say similar in their scroll down.

Many young people non-compliant with social distancing rules, ONS study says
Many young people showed lower levels of concern over the risks of catching coronavirus and did not comply with social mixing guidance, a new study by the Office for National Statistics has shown.

Report goes on to say they felt they were 'missing out' ... err.. it is a pandemic, everyone is missing out, some are missing out on life having died because of it.

The ONS said there was an underlying assumption among some participants that they were less at risk to Covid-19 because they were young. Few respondents knew someone who had had the virus and so concluded it was unlikely they would catch it themselves.

Wonder how they would feel if it was the young people being affected the most (and it could well mutate and do this, the viruses are clever and have a sole purpose of spreading) and the older people said fuck it, we aren't at risk?

Report also says they found the messaging confusing. Fair comment, it has been shite.

Also says students were worried about missing out on the uni experience and it was harder for them because of the temptations.

I get the young wanting to be young, I also get everyone else wanting to live their lives though, and I am sure many dead would like the chance also.

Trouble is, the flipside, we have to re-open at some point don't we?

Gulp.

Yes we do, there’s a lot of people and hard working business owners suffering too.

As with anything in life, it’s a balance to get it right and people acting irresponsibly won’t help. If the R rate goes up - which it will - but the vaccine is working to reduce transmission and reduce mortality, then at some point the country has to open up again and get the cash cycle moving.

I’m in a half way house camp when it comes to keep people in versus let them out.

dear oh dear , walked the dogs through town on my lunch break. Pubs rammed , shops rammed , streets rammed.
Standby for wave 3

I still don't get why people think there will be a wave 3. Can you try to explain it to me please?

two thirds of adults are now vaccinated. 7.5 million of the most vunerable with 2 doses.

How does the remaining 33% of fit and healthy unvaccinated people risk another wave?

I must be missing something... what is the figure you'd be happy with before you started opening things up gradually? 100% vaccination?

I'm not saying lets all start get together and start shagging and spitting on each other by the way, but 6 people meeting outdoors when on average 4 of those 6 will have some for of protection (maybe 5 of 6 when you include people with natural antibodies), surely thats low risk?