Coronavirus | Page 579 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Could We Have Stopped the COVID-19 Pandemic? And Are We Ready to Prevent the Next One?
A year has now passed since we first heard the term COVID-19, not long before the sudden start of our “new normal”. But was the devastation it caused really inevitable? Here, our guest speaker, Debora MacKenzie, argues that the pandemic was eminently preventable – and that if we can’t learn from our mistakes, this could merely be the beginning

BY DEBORA MACKENZIE
12/02/2021

https://www.menshealth.com/uk/healt...ovid-19-pandemic-can-we-prevent-the-next-one/

Really enjoyed reading that. That stat about creating independent bodies to control the spread of diseases with pandemic-causing potential for 1% of the current cost of COVID-19 to the global economy is staggering.

Why aren't we doing that already?!

Maybe now there will be a joint will, before for many, I guess, it was all just theory. Now we have all seen the reality.

Good article isn't it mate, glad you enjoyed it as well

Well despite what Boris and the cabinet may think the sun has come out down here and it looks like lockdown has been declared finished.
The road on the seafront doesnt have a parking space and people are on the beach.
Ah well, at least someone has made a decision.

Well he said all social distancing rules will be lifted on June 21st , so I don't see why we can't all be back for next season if everything goes ok.

Boris full on backing Hancock for his failings giving contracts to his mates down the pub.

I do wonder though if over the past 13 months of this pandemic (I’m going back to Dec/Jan when they should’ve started going to meetings about COVID), as to whether this is building up to a significant dismissal of Hancock once the dust settles, as Boris will need to blame someone for the failings and Hancock makes the most sense when he digs his own grave.

Last updated on Monday 22 February 2021 at 4:00pm

1614012297628.png

18 462 in hospital - 2469 on ventilators.

120 757 died within 28 days. 129 498 with covid on their death certificates.

Thought they would stagger it to give schools the chance to get back up to speed, but would've made more sense to maybe delay a further fortnight but then cancel holidays, or at least severely limit them, so kids get the catch up time.

Same, could you have staggered 3x year groups one day then the next 2x or 3x the next day - even if just for two weeks to embed any new protocols if that’s even possible in a large school.