Coronavirus | Page 578 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Big debate going on on LBC as to why the BAME community are not taking up the Vaccine, 47% of them have refused it in Birmingham. Amazing how they were also the most affected by Covid in the Early Days of the Virus.
They have just interview someone called Mohammad from Bury just saying that he should have a choice on which Jab he has and it's not fair to his community.
He took his dad to be vaccinated but walked away because he didn't want him to have the Oxford jab, FFS talk about shooting yourself in the foot,

mit's not fair to his community.

That suggests it’s cultural problem. Where are high profile celebs when you need them on social media?

As a male in my 30’s I’m well down the pecking order, so I don’t really care if people ahead of me in the queue don't want it.

Just don’t try and spin anything in terms of the vaccination rollout once it’s done, if more white people are vaccinated or on the flip side, if minority communities see higher deaths post rollout.

I’m at the point that I don’t really care, because I can’t change whether someone (or half a community) wants it or not.

Question on the Matt Hancock contract scandal... has anyone found or seen an article on the beneficiaries of the contracts not declared after 30 days?

I’ve not managed to find who the beneficiaries were, though I have seen suggestions he’s lining the pockets of his mates. We all know how it works, as he surely wouldn’t have any reason to not declare a contract if it was clean within 30 days you would’ve thought.

That suggests it’s cultural problem. Where are high profile celebs when you need them on social media?

As a male in my 30’s I’m well down the pecking order, so I don’t really care if people ahead of me in the queue don't want it.

Just don’t try and spin anything in terms of the vaccination rollout once it’s done, if more white people are vaccinated or on the flip side, if minority communities see higher deaths post rollout.

I’m at the point that I don’t really care, because I can’t change whether someone (or half a community) wants it or not.

You should care Dan as this vaccine goes to waste because of the idiots, I had texts on Friday practically begging for people to take up the appointments that day, now my surgery has a 90% BAME "community" as we haven't moved our from Cape Hill to Bearwood,

You should care Dan as this vaccine goes to waste because of the idiots, I had texts on Friday practically begging for people to take up the appointments that day, now my surgery has a 90% BAME "community" as we haven't moved our from Cape Hill to Bearwood,

I have just seen a reason why we should care actually. The longer the virus stays in circulation then the more chance of a mutation. A situation where we have a mutation which evades the vaccine is devastating. I don’t know if that’s likely or not

I have just seen a reason why we should care actually. The longer the virus stays in circulation then the more chance of a mutation. A situation where we have a mutation which evades the vaccine is devastating. I don’t know if that’s likely or not
This why I think everyone should have it or suffer staying in and not going to public places. It's not a fecking life choice it's serious. It will remain as long as the clowns out there believe this nonsense about the Virus and Vaccines.

This why I think everyone should have it or suffer staying in and not going to public places. It's not a fecking life choice it's serious. It will remain as long as the clowns out there believe this nonsense about the Virus and Vaccines.

I’m not against giving people the choice, I’m just surprised at statistics such as only half of the BAME community want the vaccine. If it was a small number of people not taking th vaccine, statistically it’s irrelevant. But it sounds like we could have a few million of people not wanting it.

There isn’t enough education of the vaccine, why don’t they sanction a BBC programme at 8pm on the topic of vaccine, to educate people on it?

I’m not against giving people the choice, I’m just surprised at statistics such as only half of the BAME community want the vaccine. If it was a small number of people not taking th vaccine, statistically it’s irrelevant. But it sounds like we could have a few million of people not wanting it.

There isn’t enough education of the vaccine, why don’t they sanction a BBC programme at 8pm on the topic of vaccine, to educate people on it?

I'm not the slightest bit surprised by the stats. If it means I get my Vaccinations earlier then all good by me.
Fair play to our surgery moving down the list rather than trying to force something on people who don't want it, far better than wasting the vaccine particularly the Pfizer one that goes off in 6 hours.
TBH is they don't want to believe Scientists and the Government so be it as long as the vaccine is not going to waste and they don't expect any sympathy fine.

Had a text from my GP asking me to attend a clinic on Wednesday to have it but by the time I got through on the phone all the appointments had gone! Hopefully it won't be too long until I get a chance.

Last updated on Sunday 21 February 2021 at 4:00pm

1613927552916.png

18 462 in hospital, 2469 on ventilators.

120 580 dead within 28 days. 129 498 with covid on their death certificates.

My 90 odd year old grandmother and my mother have both had the jabs with no side effects. I don't know why people are making such a fuss about it. Apparently there were loads of cancellations in my area. You would think people would be grateful for a free vaccine which will prevent them or somebody else ending up on a ventilator. Maybe some have become a bit too spoiled for their own good?

Why does he do those things?

Do those red wall voters who switched to the Tories really expect to see the PM cleaning a chair?

It looks amateurish to me. Perhaps I'm not in the target demographic?

It’s part of his brand strategy.

When he went to Hong Kong and knocked a child over playing rugby, it was mentioned on the plane over “wouldn’t it be funny if...”

He is amazing his brand strategy, it’s why we call him “Boris”. It’s part of his supposed charm.

Given he does seem to see him as some sort of reincarnation of Churchill, it’s quite an odd thing for a leader to get the marigolds on but what do I know.

120k dead, dodgy contracts all over the shop, failure of promise after failure... but people will see that and post shit occasionally on my LinkedIn such along the lines of “Look at this man, getting his hands dirty, what a leader”

Could We Have Stopped the COVID-19 Pandemic? And Are We Ready to Prevent the Next One?
A year has now passed since we first heard the term COVID-19, not long before the sudden start of our “new normal”. But was the devastation it caused really inevitable? Here, our guest speaker, Debora MacKenzie, argues that the pandemic was eminently preventable – and that if we can’t learn from our mistakes, this could merely be the beginning

BY DEBORA MACKENZIE
12/02/2021

https://www.menshealth.com/uk/healt...ovid-19-pandemic-can-we-prevent-the-next-one/

Looks great news

The first results of the UK vaccination programme suggests it is having a "spectacular" impact on preventing serious illness.

Research led by Public Health Scotland found in the fourth week after the first dose, hospitalisations were reduced by 85% and 94% for the Pfizer and AstraZeneca jabs respectively.

It is the first sign of the real world impact of vaccination in the UK.
Figures for England are expected to be released later.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56153600