Coronavirus | Page 7 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

CNN are far better than Fox in general, but so is my left testicle. It's not exactly a glowing endorsement - it's still entertainment news, just not armed with a rifle.

Newsnight, tonight, again, first feature on the program. Good coverage, no cover up.

The one thing I found really interesting from the one time I visited China (Shanghai) - didn’t like it one bit by the way - was the difference in the news and how the same story is told from a different angle. It was during the North Korea Nuclear troubles with America, the Chinese basically didn’t want a world war on their doorstep as there is a lot of trade between the two countries such as coal, over here it was portrayed as the Chinese willing to back the North Korean government.

There’s an awful lot of propaganda and mis told information even in the U.K. media, my missus was in outrage claiming the Chinese government killed the doctor - funny how a headline can be so misconstrued.

They (Chinese government) are probably massacring thousands of Muslim rebels but genocide against Muslims isn’t something the western world considers a crime.

China is a modern day fascist state which needs to be isolated rather than integrated. Every effort should be made to prevent them from being the number 1 global superpower.

They are never going to become number 1. Their geography is terrible.

Over history, how many countries have been number 1? I haven’t looked but there must be loads. The going run rate is about 150-200 years, the Yanks are coming into that territory.

The US took the lead in the late 20th century from a quick google, they’ll have a relatively short time at the top when the Chinese topple them.

The world will have to adapt hugely to the Chinese being the global superpower, especially us in the West. A very interesting century to find out.

If Xi Jinping is reading, I’m a significant supporter of my local Chinese takeaway. Big fan. Look after us Brits.

Totally different though as it's not a virus or disease, it's a result of another infection event.
Bit like heart attack.

Not imo! It kills more people. If you had lost anyone to it you wouldn't be saying that

It killed my husband, my friend, 2 others I know of and 2 people I know who are left with life changing health conditions

Incidently 2017 figures worldwide and it has gone up since then are as follows

The study estimates that in 2017 there were 48.9 million cases of sepsis and 11 million deaths, worldwide.

That means 19.7% of all deaths globally were sepsis-related. Previous world estimates were significantly lower. When someone has sepsis, their body essentially overreacts to infection

Not everyone dies from coronavirus. There body overreacts. There is no difference.

Sepsis another put down as the cause of death. Its the original cause that is

Sepsis is far more dangerous

355 tested positive out of 1219 on the diamond princess. Shows how contagious this can be especially amongst the old.

Just seen an awful video on twitter. Hundreds possibly thousands of live pigs literally being bulldozed into a massive pit and set on fire. Disgraceful.

355 infected on the boat (of those tested) , includes 40 US citizens who are being hospitalised in Japan, the others from the US are being rescued and flown home for quarantine

Just seen an awful video on twitter. Hundreds possibly thousands of live pigs literally being bulldozed into a massive pit and set on fire. Disgraceful.

There is something called African swine flu which is pushing up pork prices. A large chunk of Chinese pigs could be slaughtered.

Pepperoni pizzas from Dominos are going to get more expensive...