Coronavirus vaccine | Page 5 | Vital Football

Coronavirus vaccine

I am still waiting to see the trial data on how many of the test group were over 65.
As people age their immune system becomes less effective, which is why over 65s have a different flu jab to the general population.

Not sure that's the best example. If you don't want to wear a seat belt, you don't wear one. If you get caught by the police, you take the fine/points/whatever the punishment is. But no-one's standing by the door of your car, refusing to let you pull away until you've put your seat belt on.

You’re quite right, but my Audi makes a fucking awful noise if you dare pull away without a seatbelt on. It grates so much you end up putting it on to shut the bloody thing up.

Also, I don’t see how you can stop people going on transport or to football matches that haven’t been vaccinated. Gillingham stewards can’t eject half a dozen millwall fans in the wrong end!
My local supermarket still has people walking about, oblivious to 2 meters and mask wearing.
I went into the shell garage for fuel last week, and out of 5 people in the shop only myself and the cashier had a face covering.

I think the "Spanish Flu" of a century ago supposedly originated in Kentucky (certainly didn't come from Spain). I wonder if the USA fancy compensating us.

As for China, I'd guess it wasn't deliberate as some conspiracy theorists believe. Perhaps we could stop buying their sh#tty crap and stop helping them dominate the world's economy as we had been facilitating fordecades.

You may "think" that the Spanish flu came from Kentucky (I know just as much as you om that front). However, we "know" that Covid-19 originated in China and it is one of many such recent viruses that originated there. At best, this was due to their disgusting eating habits, at worst, it was a lot more sinister than that - we certainly know they tried to cover it up and continued to allow those affected to travel out of the country and spread the virus. From the economic stats I've seen recently, they've done very well out of this compared to the rest of the world, which is interesting.

I do agree with you on the "stop buying their crap" front. Our and most of the Western World's Economy is going to take a massive hit from Covid-19 and the output of it for many years anyway, so why not extend it and the whole West pledge to stop any dealings with China for the foreseeable until they recognise what they have done, stop doing it and recompense the rest of us for it?

Last edited:
Also, I don’t see how you can stop people going on transport or to football matches that haven’t been vaccinated. Gillingham stewards can’t eject half a dozen millwall fans in the wrong end!

You implant a chip in everyone that's been vaccinated. Everyone to be scanned on entry to shops, stations, football grounds, etc.

You implant a chip in everyone that's been vaccinated. Everyone to be scanned on entry to shops, stations, football grounds, etc.

Some people think that the aim of the vaccine is to implant a chip into everyone... Problem is, a chip to do what some people think it will do, will need a robotic arm to hold it in! But maybe the lizard people have found a way around that problem...

What I don't understand is, after having read that there are different strains of this virus, (apparently viruses often mutate), so the covid virus in China is different to the european strain, which are in turn different to the virus in the US .... how can statistical comparisons be made & also, at the same time, how can there be a universal vaccine ... ?

"Half of the French population do not intend to be vaccinated against Covid-19 according to a survey carried out by Odoxa for franceinfo and Le Figaro, published Thursday, November 12.
While the prospect of a vaccine against the coronavirus seems to be approaching after the announcement of the Pfizer and BioNTech laboratories, only 14% of those polled say that they will get vaccinated with certainty, and 60% of the French say they are against the obligation to be vaccinated. ....."

https://www.msn.com/fr-fr/actualite/france/covid-19-les-français-se-méfient-du-vaccin-par-peur-ou-manque-de-confiance/ar-BB1aYcIq?ocid=mailsignout&li=AAaCKnE

at the same time, how can there be a universal vaccine ... ?

Coronaviruses tend to share a lot of RNA data and the different strains of Covid will probably share over 99% of genetic data. Even if a particular vaccine is developed for a very specific strain, there is a reasonable chance that the vaccine will have some power in disrupting the effectiveness of other strains and sufficiently nerf it that the person doesn't get noticeably sick and/or contagious.

If nothing else, upon your body getting infected with a different strain, your body will *probably* have a head start in developing its own antibodies as it will have experienced a different strain and therefore have a reference point to begin with.

As for a universal vaccine, depending on how Covid-19 is going towards the end of 2021 and if it largely disappears as per MERS and SARS, if the Flu shot is anything to compare it with then a Covid-19 shot will probably end up being a cocktail of several vaccines. Depending on how quickly the virus mutates, the cocktail of vaccines might be amended.

Anyone know if this Covid 19 vaccine is 'egg free'?.

I have an intolerance to eggs so therefore can't take the regular seasonal flu vaccine because having had one in the past, it made me have a bad cold for approx 3 months.

Struggling to get my doctors to organise an 'egg free' version of this years seasonal flu vaccine, keep getting fobbed off with different answers each time I call to organise it, from "we'll get back to you", to "try a pharmacy, they'll sort it for you free on the NHS", to "you'll have to pay £12.99 for it". This is on top of the fact that although I am not of 'ripe' age to get the flu vaccine in the initial uptake, I am fairly recently classed as Clinically Vulnerable and getting that message across is a constant uphill battle.

I'm at the stage now where I understand that because I have an egg intolerance, the NHS can't help me, so I have to go private! Such a simple intolerance yet the NHS can't or doesn't seem to want to help. Looks like I may be screwed when it comes to the Covid 19 vaccine even though I am in the Clinically Vulnerable group.