Coronavirus vaccine | Page 37 | Vital Football

Coronavirus vaccine

Most are obeying the rules quite well but haven't been perfect, I admit to being in that category. I bought some paint from Homebase today. That wasn't actually "essential". Am I going to receive somefinger wagging from Pritti Patel? If so, why are these places open?

You`ll be fine if you explain that the paint was actually essential for marking out 2 metre social distancing.

I was in a large hospital yesterday and a medical person working there at close quarters with patients told me she was having the Pfizer vaccine later that day. Her follow up, second jab, was scheduled for twelve weeks later ! She told me that she and a number of others were concerned about the long gap between jabs.

I`ve seen and heard many politicians on TV indicate there are no issues about the longer than planned gap between jabs but, even though I understand the concept of spreading some of the vaccine to more people more quickly, i`m not convinced. about the efficacy.

Has anyone from the scientific teams at Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna etc., ie the people who actually developed the vaccine treatment, aired support for the "modified" method of rolling it out ?

Yes, a teacher mate of mine painted a yellow protective line around his desk. Covid is terrified of it apparently.

We have markings around our lecterns and desks in the lec
I can't agree more. summed it all perfectly.
I take it all back you're not such a dumb copper afterall ;)
Thanks, and if you still don't believe Lancs and I about the population being dense, take a look at this chap who came to Southend, saw the council had shut all the car parks but thought "f*** it, I'm going to the beach".
Needless to say, some hours later and a massive recovery bill, he eventually got his car out.

View attachment 45133[/QUOTE]

There is a tide in the affairs of men.....although some men more than others.

Thanks guys, your replies really did make me feel better about it. Booked for Monday :)

Came to this late, gotta say teg that your dilemma was exactly the same as my wife went through when offered at work. For the record she is 46, working in the NHS, not actually patient facing, but dealing face to face with gps, nurses and reception staff who are. Almost once removed face to face I suppose you could call it. So still at risk, yet not as much as those mentioned above.
That didn’t stop her colleagues all jumping straight in to have it. Their ages range from mid 20s to early 50s.
She decided to have it in the end.

Not realy but you didn't answer any of the questions I posed either.
Perhaps you'd like to tell me what makes you think he's so great?

Haven't posted for a few days as been at work, where do I start, so many questions (don't want to do a Tarian and quote everything, so a summary here follows).

You didn't mention smokers, alcoholics and car drivers, my point was they are examples of where risks are known, but people choose to ignore them/accept them. The government hasn't banned them, but I/you/we know the risks.

The government are in a difficult situation, difficult decisions being made to hopefully cover all bases, between lives, economy, mental health. They can't just shut everything down, there is no open chequebook, so compromises need to be made.

Already explained the missing words AKIN TO.

Leadership/shaking hands/mixed messaging/eat out to help out/keep people safe/illogical previous lockdown rules - see 2 paragraphs above.

Illegitimate kids/dog Latin in a plummy voice/Dominic Cummings - irrelevant/nah nah na nah nah statements.

Substandard PPE - really?, can only Bojo sign off purchase orders? No!

Substandard Track & Trace - can only Bojo resolve this? No!

With everything that is going on, and I mean everything (Brexit and Covid as main examples), do you really think one person can resolve all of it? Or is it case various departments trying their best to fix things when the situation is changing on a hourly/daily/weekly basis. No-one gets everything right and with this crisis he is more in the spotlight than any other PM in post WWII modern history.

You want to know what I think that makes him great, I don't, it's just he's the UK man in the spotlight in a fecked up world at the moment. I'll respond with, who do you think is the perfect person to resolve all of this?

Haven't posted for a few days as been at work, where do I start, so many questions (don't want to do a Tarian and quote everything, so a summary here follows).

You didn't mention smokers, alcoholics and car drivers, my point was they are examples of where risks are known, but people choose to ignore them/accept them. The government hasn't banned them, but I/you/we know the risks.

The government are in a difficult situation, difficult decisions being made to hopefully cover all bases, between lives, economy, mental health. They can't just shut everything down, there is no open chequebook, so compromises need to be made.

Already explained the missing words AKIN TO.

Leadership/shaking hands/mixed messaging/eat out to help out/keep people safe/illogical previous lockdown rules - see 2 paragraphs above.

Illegitimate kids/dog Latin in a plummy voice/Dominic Cummings - irrelevant/nah nah na nah nah statements.

Substandard PPE - really?, can only Bojo sign off purchase orders? No!

Substandard Track & Trace - can only Bojo resolve this? No!

With everything that is going on, and I mean everything (Brexit and Covid as main examples), do you really think one person can resolve all of it? Or is it case various departments trying their best to fix things when the situation is changing on a hourly/daily/weekly basis. No-one gets everything right and with this crisis he is more in the spotlight than any other PM in post WWII modern history.

You want to know what I think that makes him great, I don't, it's just he's the UK man in the spotlight in a fecked up world at the moment. I'll respond with, who do you think is the perfect person to resolve all of this?
Good warm up act. Can you do the same for dear old Donald Trump?

Btw, obviously the virus isn't Johnson's fault and it would be terrible whoever was in charge. Unfortunately he is pretty useless. No one would be perfect but Thatcher/Blair/Brown miles better imo.

I'll give Johnson a tiny bit of credit for resisting the far right "freedom" nutters in his party like Baker and his CRG mates.

Ps. Love your moniker BBS. :-)