Coronavirus vaccine | Page 36 | Vital Football

Coronavirus vaccine

But Archie, as I`ve said before,

The main problem issues are:

1. How Dense the population is and 2. How Dense the population is !

I was alluding to the fine folk of NZ only being in one of those categories ! But I still think you`re very wrong in labeling BJ as a mass murderer.

And As I've said on numerous occasions population density per unit area is 1)irrelevant, and 2)irrelevant
People are NOT evenly spread over a countries area they become concentrated in towns and cities.
While NZ has lots of green space between towns and cities 86% of our population is urban 25% of our population live in Auckland.
Much of the USA is wilderness but it doesn't stop them dying by the thousands

But Archie, as I`ve said before,

The main problem issues are:

1. How Dense the population is and 2. How Dense the population is !

I was alluding to the fine folk of NZ only being in one of those categories ! But I still think you`re very wrong in labeling BJ as a mass murderer.

Tried to edit my original reply and it disappeared into the ether!

As I've said on numerous occasions population density as you and Nobby express it ie population per unti area of a country is

1) irrelevant and 2) irrelevant.

A countries population is NOT evenly spread throughout. Most are concentrated in towns and cities such that 86% of the NZ population is urban 25% live in Auckland.
From flying over the US there's a whole lot of nothing between the big conurbations yet that whole lot of nothing isn't helping their death toll. You would be correct IF population were evenly spread but they aren't.

So if you disqualified giving the contracts to Pfizer, Astra Zeneca and Moderna on the basis of "conflict of interest" then who exactly would you give the contracts to?

Considering those three pharmaceutical companies were heavily involved in the development of the three different vaccines then I would have expected them to have got the contract anyway regardless of any association with individual MPs.
where did i mention disqualification . i only raised a viewpoint .astra zenaca offers the lowest protection with sputnik 5 second to moderna which is the highest

The marginal difference between the two is based on Corbyn being less bothered about being loved by everybody. A few thousand adoring disciples at a rally was all he needed to feel good.:grinning:
I wouldn't agree with the popularity thing. We went to Brighton for the day a few years ago when Corbyn was Labour leader. There was a student March and they were all singing the awful "whoa Jeremy Corbyn song". The bloke was getting a right hard on for it and waving to them all from his podium like some excitable schoolboy.
Truth is, ALL politicians want to be popular, its the biggest vote winner, the only difference between the leaders is who they want to be popular with. Students, business men, unions, they're all fair game and can win or lose an election for you depending on how popular you are with them, I dont think Johnson is any different to the others you mentioned in that respect.
For me, his biggest mistake in all this has been the constant juggling between stopping the virus spreading, keeping business and economy going and keeping the entitled millennials happy. A total lockdown and tough appriach like that in NZ may well have been the way ahead and the only leader we've ever had who would have had the balls for that was the first one we had who had no balls 🤔

[QUOTE="Nobby_66, post: 2642183
For me, his biggest mistake in all this has been the constant juggling between stopping the virus spreading, keeping business and economy going and keeping the entitled millennials happy. A total lockdown and tough appriach like that in NZ may well have been the way ahead and the only leader we've ever had who would have had the balls for that was the first one we had who had no balls 🤔[/QUOTE]

I can't agree more. summed it all perfectly.
I take it all back you're not such a dumb copper afterall ;)

[QUOTE="Nobby_66, post: 2642183
For me, his biggest mistake in all this has been the constant juggling between stopping the virus spreading, keeping business and economy going and keeping the entitled millennials happy. A total lockdown and tough appriach like that in NZ may well have been the way ahead and the only leader we've ever had who would have had the balls for that was the first one we had who had no balls 🤔

I can't agree more. summed it all perfectly.
I take it all back you're not such a dumb copper afterall ;)[/QUOTE]
Thanks, and if you still don't believe Lancs and I about the population being dense, take a look at this chap who came to Southend, saw the council had shut all the car parks but thought "f*** it, I'm going to the beach".
Needless to say, some hours later and a massive recovery bill, he eventually got his car out.

FB_IMG_1610598760545.jpg

I've had an email from work to say I can book a vacine appointment, but feel like I'm jumping the queue and pushing more needy people back. Due to my age I should be in the 8th group. I'm wondering what all of you would decide?

I've had an email from work to say I can book a vacine appointment, but feel like I'm jumping the queue and pushing more needy people back. Due to my age I should be in the 8th group. I'm wondering what all of you would decide?
Don't know what you do for work Teg. If it is anything to do with what I consider "key" then go for it. My version of key is NHS, Transport/Police/care worker (might think of some more later). That sort of actual key worker imo. If you are one such you can jump ahead of me (62 - group 5?) With my blessing.

I'm hearing that some "leftovers" are being used at the end of each day in some centres on younger staff. Good.

Depends on the reason you've been offered really. If you're a carer/NHS or any other key job that requires you to come into contact with lots of people then I would say get it.
We've been told Police officers over 50 look like getting pushed up the queue. Have to say I'll jump at it, I'm working around parliament a lot lately so will obviously come into contact with lots of people. Masks are mandatory everywhere down there atm but they're not foolproof.
My advice would be go for it especially if you have the slightest concern about how you would be affected by Covid-19.
Good luck 👍👍

All key workers who work with patients should be having the vaccine the same time as them. What if you get the virus and are out of action for weeks or months.?

Last edited:
I personally think you should take it. You never know if you'll be lost in the ether by rejecting it now.

Whether it's because of your role, or logistically (ie vaccine is defrosted and needs to be used), there will be a reason you've been offered it.

Iirc doesn't Teg work in the care sector?

As has been said above, if you work in the key sectors coming into contact with the current vaccination candidates or are on the front line working for the NHS , go for it.

You probably know more about it than me, but if you are able to book an appointment then you aren't jumping a "queue". People that can get a jab now (my parents for example) are being contacted now. I wouldn't expected to be contacted (I am in the last group - 50-55) until autumn.

There is an article on KOI about a GP surgery that had 4,000 calls in a day - other people are trying to "push-in" I certainly would have no guilt having a vaccination if my employer was able to arrange one

Tried to edit my original reply and it disappeared into the ether!

As I've said on numerous occasions population density as you and Nobby express it ie population per unti area of a country is

1) irrelevant and 2) irrelevant.

A countries population is NOT evenly spread throughout. Most are concentrated in towns and cities such that 86% of the NZ population is urban 25% live in Auckland.
From flying over the US there's a whole lot of nothing between the big conurbations yet that whole lot of nothing isn't helping their death toll. You would be correct IF population were evenly spread but they aren't.

That may be so. But, Archie, i`m `aving a larf ! Population Density - How Dense the public is, is far from irrelevant, when it comes to being sensible.

You lot down there, in that far away isolated and beautiful country, appear to be topping the "sensible table", so population density isn`t much of an issue for you. Whereas back in Blighty, population density, especially in areas of high population density, does appear to be an issue. I`m afraid there`s no separating population density from population density.

Hope that`s cleared it up.

A friend's partner has been offered one in a similar situation Teg and took it, rightly so in my view. The friend and I, both in 4th group I think, agreed we'd probably be put back as more front facing staff got moved up. Carers, police, transport staff etc. It's not just a matter of who deserves it, it makes more sense to vaccinate those most likely to be exposed to the virus.