Coronavirus vaccine | Page 38 | Vital Football

Coronavirus vaccine

Johnson showing off about how we've done more vaccinations than the rest of Europe. We started on 6th Dec (good), the EU on about 27th Dec (not as good as us).

However, give it a couple of weeks and who do you think will have done the most? For example, us with a 3 week head start or Germany?

If Corals was open I know which country I'd put my money on, sadly.

Two weeks later. Was he right? Have Germany vaccinated more people than the UK has?

There is a meme joke from earlier in 2020 where one person asks an online Twitch or YouTube streamer

Person A: "So how have you been coping the last few months?"

YouTube / Twitch Streamer: "Oh, staying indoors playing games and only talking to the food delivery guy.

Person A: "Oh so you have been taking the virus seriously then?"

YouTube / Twitch Streamer: "Wait? There's a virus???"

Excluding the under 16's (who will not be vaccinated) and those who will not have the jab, for various reasons, we are probably 15% through the first jabs. Bearing in mind we are still building up to full capacity, this is one of the few positive news stories right now. We just need to get to Spring and life will start to look good again - and we will have the playoffs to look forward to.

Excluding the under 16's (who will not be vaccinated) and those who will not have the jab, for various reasons, we are probably 15% through the first jabs. Bearing in mind we are still building up to full capacity, this is one of the few positive news stories right now. We just need to get to Spring and life will start to look good again - and we will have the playoffs to look forward to.

Yep, let's hope so. I know some will be disappointed, but the vaccination in the UK seems to be going well

And why all the shops and pubs were shut 😒

Yes, you're right, it is almost inconceivable that anybody living in the UK would not realise that there is a pandemic happening, even if they haven't heard any news for months and months. As you point out, one doesn't need to have heard the news to realise what's happening, all the pubs are shut and the shopos that are open all have signs up.

Did just want to point out though, that there have been times in the past when I have gone weeks, months even, without hearing or reading any local, national or international news. It can be a very liberating feeling. Everybody should try it at least once. (Although I imagine it would be much more difficult to do if you have a smart phone - you'd have to turn that off too!)

But all this talk recently that the vaccine doesn't last for more than a few months and that it doesn't prevent you from infecting others.

I fear this is all gonna go on for quite a bit longer than the next two or three months.

Sorry to piss on your optimistic bonfire, Suffolk.

But all this talk recently that the vaccine doesn't last for more than a few months and that it doesn't prevent you from infecting others.

I fear this is all gonna go on for quite a bit longer than the next two or three months.

Sorry to piss on your optimistic bonfire, Suffolk.
Thats not recent talk Bud, they've said all along that you could still carry the virus and transmit it, its all about reducing the symptoms and therefore the death rate.
As for the vaccine only lasting a few months, I assume you're talking about the recent claims from Israel? Testing hasn't shown this yet and it is being monitored.