Coronavirus tipping point | Page 158 | Vital Football

Coronavirus tipping point

I think we should accept the fears decision. We are guests on this site, we don't pay to be here. Wayne overstepped the mark, a quick apology and deletion and we could have moved on. As the fear said he has to deal with all of the issues and alerts. We can just skip over posts we don't want to read.

His post read like someone who has had a few to drink. The bigger issue for me is that when called out he denied that he said it and didn't apologise.

We all disagree at times, that's the nature of any board. We don't need to be rude, aggressive or in some cases downright nasty. Wayne overstepped by a mile and refused to apologise. He deserves the ban.

IF he comes back I hope he reflects and winds it back a bit. I will miss the arguments with him but there is absolutely no excuse for what he said to VG, but more Importantly the refusal to apologise and delete is a step too far.

I agree with you 100% Mr.Fear.

I prefer the ignore button. Used it for 3 out and out racists and one for special reasons (not critical of the person).

Wayne well OTT. Should apologise for it. However, VG seems to have got away with blatant racism on this site for years (don't know about the last 12 months as he is one of my "ignored"). People are dying because of racism and the events of the last couple of weeks are a classic example.

I

IF he comes back I hope he reflects and winds it back a bit. .

I don't know why you bothered typing that, you know he won't. He hasn't the previous 3 times he's been banned.

This isn't a one off incident, he's been abusive to VG hundreds and hundreds of times. I'm amazed VG hasn't snapped back, maybe it is his army training?

I don't know why you bothered typing that, you know he won't. He hasn't the previous 3 times he's been banned.

This isn't a one off incident, he's been abusive to VG hundreds and hundreds of times. I'm amazed VG hasn't snapped back, maybe it is his army training?

I suspect you are correct

Or an ignore action from anyone needing to take that action.

But if you ignored Wayne, you would not see this thread..! This is a thread that I am interested in, so want to keep up with people's views. I also want to do that without a poster being constantly rude and abnoxious to other posters!

#bekind

Just being curious, fear, does this forum give you more hassle than any others? I’m aware it is an active board, yet I don’t look at any others so don’t know how it ranks. I assume with the lack of actual football during the current time then politics, covid, religion and lunches are discussed on other forums too. Or are they not?

Do you get more alerts here than others?

Ha, no, as you say, angry times with the protests and worrying times with the lockdown/virus so tempers are bound to fray and opinions differ.

Think you are a great community (not just saying that, honest) who don't need babying - some sort of do a bit more, some need it less.

And honestly, have no problem with off topic stuff, I often prefer my off topic section to the football part (!) but it does get a bit much at times when you get accused of being a this, that, or the other and taking sides, when you are just trying to admin the actual debate, as opposed to dictate a view!

Ha, no, as you say, angry times with the protests and worrying times with the lockdown/virus so tempers are bound to fray and opinions differ.

Think you are a great community (not just saying that, honest) who don't need babying - some sort of do a bit more, some need it less.

And honestly, have no problem with off topic stuff, I often prefer my off topic section to the football part (!) but it does get a bit much at times when you get accused of being a this, that, or the other and taking sides, when you are just trying to admin the actual debate, as opposed to dictate a view!

You do a good job mate.
Keep it up.
I love the diversity of opinions on this forum but do agree that sometimes it has gone a bit too far, language wise, and I don’t mean swearing.

I've seen some snippets of the Millwall site. Vile. Makes Wayne look like Cliff Richard when it comes to abusive language.

I've seen some snippets of the Millwall site. Vile. Makes Wayne look like Cliff Richard when it comes to abusive language.

That's the problem really; at what point do you cry foul. If you let it rip you may end up with a site like Gills 58 describes and at that point it's vile, unpleasant, boring and most of us will have decamped.

I haven't had any particular run ins with Wayne and the odd remark he has made in my direction I have found easy to ignore. On the other hand he hasn't wished me dead, or told me to fuck off repeatedly. I therefore find him more entertaing than offensive. He can't help posting music videos and he has some interesting obsessions.

One or two others have probably offended me more but sometimes they, or I have apologised and sometimes we have come to an understanding or an acceptance of difficulty understanding one another. No surrender/no apology always leads to the wall. I hope he returns.

Do you know what this reminds me of?! Alan Walker and countless opposition forwards.

Walker was adept at winding opposition forwards up but not getting caught. There'd be a sly elbow here, a little kick in the back of the calf there, and it's all be done without the ref seeing. Either that or it's be just the right side of the rules of the game and the ref wouldn't be able to do anything.

After maybe an hour of this treatment the opposition forward would snap and do something obviously against the rules. He would then be booked or more usually, because it's been a blatant retaliation, sent off. Walker's job would then be done.

val is a racist. Everybody on here who isn't a racist knows this to be a fact. The only people who question this are the other racists and Tarian. Honestly, someone other than val, 3x6, the pledge or Tarian, stand up for val now or forever hold your piece. He is a racist.

But he wont get caught out easily. He's too careful for that. Whenever anybody calls him a racist he demands proof. Well, the proof is that we all, or rather the overwhelming majority, believe him to be so. That's the proof.

Wayne went OTT but he is an anti-fascist and so, like me, val's obnoxious views really offend him. I think val knows that and it's the very reason that he persists.

I think the board will be poorer without Wayne. I don't want anybody banned but if Wayne has to go then so should val. Wayne might be abusive but at least he isn't a racist, and I'd rather have someone who swears a bit and calls a **** a ****, rather than some nasty racist who makes his ugly views apparent without saying anything specific for which he could be punished. At least Wayne is honest. If val was really honest and said plainly what he believes he wouldn't just be being banned from here, he would be up before the courts on a charge of inciting racial hatred.

Last edited:
Do you know what this reminds me of?! Alan Walker and countless opposition forwards.

Walker was adept at winding opposition forwards up but not getting caught. There'd be a sly elbow here, a little kick in the back of the calf here, and it's all be done without the ref seeing. Either that or it's be just the right side of the rules of the game and the ref wouldn't be able to do anything.

After maybe an hour of this treatment the opposition forward would snap and do something obviously against the rules. He would then be booked or more usually, because it's been a blatant retaliation, sent off. Walker's job would then be done.

val is a racist. Everybody on here who isn't a racist knows this to be a fact. The only people who question this are the other racists and Tarian. Honestly, someone other than val, 3x6, the pledge or Tarian, stand up for val now or forever hold your peace. He is a racist.

But he wont get caught out easily. He's too careful for that. Whenever anybody calls him a racist he demands proof. Well, the proof is that we all, or rather the overwhelming majority, all believe it to be true. That's the proof.

Wayne went OTT but he is an anti-fascist and so, like me, val's obnoxious views really offend him. I think val knows that and it's the very reason that he persists.

I think the board will be poorer without Wayne. I don't want anybody banned but if Wayne has to go the so should val. Wayne might be abusive but at least he isn't a racist, and I'd rather have someone who swears a bit and calls a **** a ****, rather than some nasty racist who makes his ugly views apparent without saying anything specific for which he could be punished. At least Wayne is honest. If val was really honest and said plainly what he believes he wouldn't just be being banned from here, he would be up before the courts on a charge of inciting hatred.

Quoting statistics on the overall death rate (of covid) against population is nothing to do with race Buddha. Nice try anyway.

But he wont get caught out easily. He's too careful for that. Whenever anybody calls him a racist he demands proof. Well, the proof is that we all, or rather the overwhelming majority, believe him to be so. That's the proof.

That's the same argument people use to prove there is a god.

So let's hear somebody else defend val's racism. I predicted you'd stick up for him. That's because he is more adept at espousing racist views wihout overstepping the mark. Something you wish you could do but which you can't because you're not as smart as val.

Oh to be a thick racist...

That's almost a fair point, 3x6.

Only difference is that the religious books weren't written by God, they were written by men.

val writes all his own stuff (well, either that or it's been stolen from TR or other fascists) and so people can make their own minds up. Val's racism and right-wing agenda is obvious if you read between the lines of what he writes. He uses insinuation, suggestion and rhetoric. His message is clear.

This isn't about blind faith, everyone (but you and the pledge and Tarian) can see this with their own eyes.

And it's also pretty obvious that he's too much of a coward to just come out and say plainly what he thinks. He wants to, he desperately wants to, but he's just not got the balls to say what he really thinks. It'd be truly disgusting and hate-filled but do you know what, I think quite a few of us would respect him just a little if he actually had the balls to come out with it the way I'm sure he does when he's talking with his racist mates.

But he wont.

That's almost a fair point, 3x6.

Only difference is that the religious books weren't written by God, they were written by men.

val writes all his own stuff (well, either that or it's been stolen from TR or other fascists) and so people can make their own minds up. Val's racism and right-wing agenda is obvious if you read between the lines of what he writes. He uses insinuation, suggestion and rhetoric. His message is clear.

This isn't about blind faith, everyone (but you and the pledge and Tarian) can see this with their own eyes.

And it's also pretty obvious that he's too much of a coward to just come out and say plainly what he thinks. He wants to, he desperately wants to, but he's just not got the balls to say what he really thinks. It'd be truly disgusting and hate-filled but do you know what, I think quite a few of us would respect him just a little if he actually had the balls to come out with it the way I'm sure he does when he's talking with his racist mates.

But he wont.

You are victim blaming. I didn't think it was possible, but you've gone down in my opinion recently. There have been a number of unpleasant and disturbing posts from you recently

Last edited: