Coronavirus tipping point | Page 157 | Vital Football

Coronavirus tipping point

You should be ashamed. I've never blocked anybody but you have tempted me.
The guy is a bigot in the clothing of respectability.
I’ve met many like WK in my lifetime.
Some realise what they are but this guy seems to think he’s the voice of respectability.

Having said that, like all opinionated bigots, he is unintentionally amusing.

For this we don't have the first part done because it is not based on science just knee jerked wants. I know you have experience of such bodged projects from inception.
I would caution against commenting until you read the report and its recommendations.

That is a vile thing to say. I have asked you both before to put each other on ignore.

Other members to not want to be bored by your running war. If I have to remove, even if it is against the wishes of some on here, as things like this are impacting on my time as well, then so be it.

If someone makes you feel that strongly, on a FOOTBALL forum, you really need ot think long and hard what you are doing with your life. And I don't expect to be having to waste my time judging running battles about politics, or religion, or anything else for that matter, on this FOOTBALL forum.

Last warning, got to be, you just can't be serious with things like that, there are enough people dying without wishing death on someone else.

It wouldn't hurt to apologise for that post and to alert me to remove it. It has appalled a few others as well, judging by the alerts coming up.
I had a go at VG because almost everyday he trivialises the Covid 19 deaths as a statistic they are pretty meaningless. That is a wicked remark to make repeatedly and clearly he has lost no friend or relative; then he might think differently. Look at my comment in context

I would caution against commenting until you read the report and its recommendations.

Don't caution me. Have you read more than anyone else?

Its a knee jerk report to appease people and the media and just what actions can you take that are specifically just for non white people and not actions that should be taken for all. Science not ‘feelings’.

If you dont have any suggestions as to what the government could do today about it then why bother posting.

I had a go at VG because almost everyday he trivialises the Covid 19 deaths as a statistic they are pretty meaningless. That is a wicked remark to make repeatedly and clearly he has lost no friend or relative; then he might think differently. Look at my comment in context

Like knocking a head against a brick wall. The stats are the stats, not trivial, just stats.

No context, you wished someone dead. You had the chance to apologise.

HAD ENOUGH.

Members can let me know if and when they want you back on, I'd prefer the forum moved on and didn't tolerate stuff like this.

Like knocking a head against a brick wall. The stats are the stats, not trivial, just stats.

HAD ENOUGH.

Members can let me know if and when they want you back on, I'd prefer the forum moved on and didn't tolerate stuff like this.

Back to the same discussion.
The ignore option is there, that is taking action.
Is it so hard for people to operate the ignore function?

HAD ENOUGH.

Oh have a heart Fear. By banning him you just force him onto some other poor, unfortunate board. And do you really want that on your conscience?

I know he’s a pompous know-it-all arse, but he’s our pompous know-it-all arse.

Agree the post probably warranted an apology though.

Asked them both for probably 2 years now to do that. Had so many complaints, a few saying they have stopped coming. There has to be a line, never being wrong is a red alert, being given the chance to apologise after wishing someone dead, even more so.

It is what it is.

Oh have a heart Fear. By banning him you just force him onto some other poor, unfortunate board. And do you really want that on your conscience?

I know he’s a pompous know-it-all arse, but he’s our pompous know-it-all arse.

Agree the post probably warranted an apology though.

Or an ignore action from anyone needing to take that action.

Asked them both for probably 2 years now to do that. Had so many complaints, a few saying they have stopped coming. There has to be a line, never being wrong is a red alert, being given the chance to apologise after wishing someone dead, even more so.

It is what it is.

Did you advice those posters on how to use ‘ignore’?

Did you advice those posters on how to use ‘ignore’?

Over and over. And over a long time. There is a limit mate, tonight I gave a very fair chance for an apology, I've done it before, during this time and with so much anger about, and so much death, wishing someone dead just for being on a forum and having different views (Valencia knows I don't agree with his politics and especially on the one issue, we still have courteous exchanges by message when needs be) is pretty low.

If there were no alerts, nothing would be done, but this one got more alerts than usual, this isn't meant to be a war, it is just a football forum!

Over and over. And over a long time. There is a limit mate, tonight I gave a very fair chance for an apology, I've done it before, during this time and with so much anger about, and so much death, wishing someone dead just for being on a forum and having different views (Valencia knows I don't agree with his politics and especially on the one issue, we still have courteous exchanges by message when needs be) is pretty low.

If there were no alerts, nothing would be done, but this one got more alerts than usual, this isn't meant to be a war, it is just a football forum!

Well you have my support. Sadly the guy has been relentless with his bullying. If the last few weeks has taught us anything it's that we shouldn't just "ignore" offensive behaviour

The only problem with ignoring someone is that you lose a lot of the context of a discussion as posters will reply to posts that you never see.
I tried it for a while and found it quite annoying. To be fair, Wayne has had it coming and to make such a vile comment leaves The Fear little choice. We all want to be self moderating but that goes out of the window when a certain line is crossed IMO.

Just being curious, fear, does this forum give you more hassle than any others? I’m aware it is an active board, yet I don’t look at any others so don’t know how it ranks. I assume with the lack of actual football during the current time then politics, covid, religion and lunches are discussed on other forums too. Or are they not?

Do you get more alerts here than others?

Wow, I'm not sure what to think.
I've been busy tonight , so haven't been my usual transfixed self.
I even felt that somehow I was to be partly to blame for a brief moment.
I've lost count of how many posts he's made that mention me , in a derogative way , and it borders obsessional behaviour. I can only think that I can press his buttons , that others can't quite reach.
The truth is , I have called out his rudeness on more than a few occasions , and I'm not the only one. It was inevitable he would overstep the mark , and if you trade in insults , that will be your downfall.

Manners maketh man.