Coronavirus issues | Page 9 | Vital Football

Coronavirus issues

Not wishing to downplay the importance the nations health but is anyone else more concerned about us losing the LC (and CS) as well as Sergio slipping down the goalscoring rankings plus Merlin having played his last game for us - not to mention having a decent chance of winning the CL or is it less about that and more about denying Liverpool a title they (the players) have earned?

Not wishing to downplay the importance the nations health but is anyone else more concerned about us losing the LC (and CS) as well as Sergio slipping down the goal scoring rankings plus Merlin having played his last game for us - not to mention having a decent chance of winning the CL or is it less about that and more about denying Liverpool a title they (the players) have earned?
City won the shield and LC, so can't be taken away. If Merlin has played his last game for us and he has realistically he will get a proper send of at an appropriate time. If the premier is voided, then Sergio will lose his goals, I am sure he can handle it.

Absolute fantasy if you ask me.

How can you ask one set of workers to stop work because maintaining a 2m ‘social distance’ is impossible (Construction) but then sanction it for another (sports athletes)? Plus you have to also re engage all the support staff at the club and put them at risk.

And as for..........

“One club also raised the question of whether they would be permitted to field a youth team.”

I would lay good odds on who that is. The dippers who would look to protect their first team for next season whilst others are put at risk. NFW.

Absolute fantasy if you ask me.

“One club also raised the question of whether they would be permitted to field a youth team.”

I would lay good odds on who that is. The dippers who would look to protect their first team for next season whilst others are put at risk. NFW.

As long as they are only allowed to play Watford and Villa...

City won the shield and LC, so can't be taken away. If Merlin has played his last game for us and he has realistically he will get a proper send of at an appropriate time. If the premier is voided, then Sergio will lose his goals, I am sure he can handle it.

If the season was voided then nothing stands, CS and League Cup are taken away.

Wimbledon tennis postponed. Another element to take into account (if they will) for the Premier League.
dragging their feet hoping they can revive it, but if they just say it is null and void, then everyone can prepare for next season. The legal entities will be thrown out of court due to the seriousness of the situation and taking into account the health of players who may be asked to risk their own lives so that Liverp[ool can be given the title.

dragging their feet hoping they can revive it, but if they just say it is null and void, then everyone can prepare for next season. The legal entities will be thrown out of court due to the seriousness of the situation and taking into account the health of players who may be asked to risk their own lives so that Liverp[ool can be given the title.

They are shuffling and scuffing their feet like a recalcitrant 4 year old as he/she is being dragged towards the inevitable (like getting their haircut (or something equally distasteful) .........as posted above at #166, this doesn’t stack up on health grounds and is made doubly worse when Premier League clubs, awash with £millions from tv money are applying to the government furloughed workers scheme for TAXPAYERS to pay their backroom staff? WTF? Unbelievable. Talk about being unmoored from reality. Sequestering whole squads so that the games can be played? FFS

The mental gymnastics are truly something to behold as they desperately grasp at straws.

The talk about suspending the season until whenever it can get going again, then finishing it off and starting the new season immediately afterwards, whenever that may be is ludicrous.
Talk about desperate.
Cancel it now and expunge.
...Except for that which has been already won.:cool: