Coronavirus issues | Page 8 | Vital Football

Coronavirus issues

Meanwhile an extension of the existing suspension is on the cards, I expect until the end of May. .....but there have to be serious doubts about any resumption in June.

....and there are consequences for all sorts of areas.

BBC News - Coronavirus: What next for football as cracks begin to appear?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52063085

I just can't see a answer to it - but it hadn't occurred to me about sponsors etc although could dates be null and voided and end/start of season used instead?

It wouldn't bother me Liverpool being handed the title, after all they're streets ahead of everyone else - and despite my loathing of their fans herd mentality - but if that happens then all other positions would have to stand and anyway there is no guarantee that the 20/21 season will start in August.

But football isn't really that important right now.

He has a point - why should the safety of players, coaches, kit men, cleaners, physios, kitchen staff etc etc be put at risk to say nothing of the medical support personnel who, quite frankly, have better things to be doing be put at risk? If critical construction work can’t operate because they can’t avoid the Social distancing issues, what makes football so different an industry?

Meanwhile they have kicked the can further down the road to the end of April. Not rocket science is it?

Premier League clubs were already due to meet again on 3 April, when it is almost certain the current postponement of all matches until 30 April will be extended again.
That could take it past the official end of the EFL league season and towards the last round of Premier League fixtures, which was supposed to be on 17 May.“
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52070969

I don't think the average Premier League player has any idea what is coming. When the virus burns out or whatever fix comes demand in general will be very low for months if not years. Sponsors will not have the budgets to sponsor and advertise, so TV rights will fall off a cliff and wages will also plunge, the good old days pre 2020 will not come back for years and do the public give a toss with overpaid footballing primadonnas, don't think so.

They seem to feel that everything will be right back to where it was.....it won't be, you are right jk.

The landscape will be fundamentally altered and I think the football authorities are fooling themselves if they believe otherwise.

They seem to feel that everything will be right back to where it was.....it won't be, you are right jk.

The landscape will be fundamentally altered and I think the football authorities are fooling themselves if they believe otherwise.
The first thing I hope that gets addressed is the absurd and obscene amounts of money agents get. I’ve always felt it is the player who should pay the total of the fees, not the club.

The first thing I hope that gets addressed is the absurd and obscene amounts of money agents get. I’ve always felt it is the player who should pay the total of the fees, not the club.
Here, the players pay their own agents. How did football start doing it ass backwards?

The problem is that once an agent gets a stable of players the clubs feel obliged to deal with them or miss out. The Clubs themselves could fix it, but just look how we have been stabbedin the back, the Blades excepted. They just have to refuse to pay these agents.

So the Mirror says we are not plotting to void this season, but it has to be because it will not be safe any time soon.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-city-demand-coronavirus-assurances-21772817

This is a clear example of hope over expectation. I cannot see any football being played in June. Clubs can almost legitimately say this is like pre season. Players will not be at peak condition and at risk of injury without proper prep.........fantasy to see football back in June imo.

The message is emerging both deliberately and through the language used to prepare for a 'long haul' before 'normality' is resumed. Of course what form of 'normality' is not defined and surely the return of contact sport is not going to be a priority. LiVARpool .......get nervous.

Coronavirus: Six months before UK 'returns to normal' - deputy chief medical officer
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52084517

The message is emerging both deliberately and through the language used to prepare for a 'long haul' before 'normality' is resumed. Of course what form of 'normality' is not defined and surely the return of contact sport is not going to be a priority. LiVARpool .......get nervous.

Coronavirus: Six months before UK 'returns to normal' - deputy chief medical officer
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52084517
...and we are behind all of you.:rolleyes:

What baffles me about the data onChina is why there are les than a dozen reported deaths in Beijing and Shanghai which have a combined population of approx 50m........🤔
That's standard operating procedure for the CCP Just like selling bad masks to The Netherlands, fake tests to Spain and the Czech Rebublic, and on and on. No one will every know what really happened there.