Conspiracy Thread - Theories Or Otherwise | Page 143 | Vital Football

Conspiracy Thread - Theories Or Otherwise

Ireland is a frustrating place because its so small we could have an amazing network but there seems to be no incentive. Even the services that come into Dublin are fairly poor, I live on a main commuter line and it still only gives you about 2 or 3 times to make it into the city by 9am and its only a 3 car train. It's pathetic.

Interesting, I've never seen it that way, but I guess it depends on where you want to go.

From seeing others here talk about the trains in the UK, we seems we have it really good in Ireland, as far as them being on time and clean. etc.

I lived in London for about 8 years and the public transport in London is on a different planet to the rest of the country. Londoners really don't know how good they have it, part of the problem is a lot of these people don't like to fucking walk anywhere.

I parked the car and it turned into a shed when I moved to London. Never needed it to get around.

Overall the Swiss have it really good for public transport, and these comparisons always make me ask why?

Why has it gone downhill in the UK, as Norfolk's hasn't improved in the 30yrs I have used it. Has money that should have been invested in the infrastructure been paid out in dividends?

Does it feel to anyone else like we are just hanging around waiting to see how the world shakes out in this post Covid era?

While the war in Ukraine is going on, food and energy prices are going to remain high.

The stock market seems like it is waiting to crash.

China's population has officially gone over the edge. We can safely assume that it's much worse than what they are reporting. The last few decades have been the story of the rise of China. How they and we deal with a declining China will define the next few decades.

It feels like there is something else coming down the track at us that we haven't seen yet and it's going to be big.

Does it feel to anyone else like we are just hanging around waiting to see how the world shakes out in this post Covid era?

You have described what I am doing, Covid shook me up and now hanging around to see what to do and where to be. There was talk of the "new normal" and yet no real definition of what that may be.

Personally I do feel a reckoning will come if many things do not change, what it will look like I do not know. Do think there's too much opinion and not enough fact to help everyone find a way to change positively.

Next week the Doomsday clock will be updated, can't see we've gained time. China just scares me period, they can accuse me of Sinophobia as they might be correct. :grinning:

While the war in Ukraine is going on, food and energy prices are going to remain high.

China's population has officially gone over the edge. We can safely assume that it's much worse than what they are reporting. The last few decades have been the story of the rise of China. How they and we deal with a declining China will define the next few decades.

It feels like there is something else coming down the track at us that we haven't seen yet and it's going to be big.

I think its because our economies have been radically altered and its both globally in terms of offshoring and locally where you have the mini-economies built around office workers. A lot of people seem to have had life-altering changes and realizations about work. I think what the FED is doing could break the economy and IMO what they're pursuing is folly. They're putting the squeeze on the people lowest on the rung to get them to take the shitty job nobody wants and to force companies like Amazon and Google to stop plowing money into construction.

I watched a video last night about how the rich of today have are even more out of touch with the typical person than kings, queens and aristocracy of pre-modern times. Will a backlash happen at some point? After the Guilded Age there was the new deal but ever since Reagan we've had nothing.

We're okay but its not easy, we're on one income and the missus has a staggering amount of student loan debt with 2 to 3 more years to go. The US has SLABS which people are concerned are is just the subprime mortgage crisis but for student loans. I don't know how they expect people to pay these off in a world with massively inflated rates.

I understand what you guys mean, there is something that just doesnt feel right but also it doesnt feel like there is anything wrong either. I have this weird feeling of limbo. I have a feel of some trepedation about my financial situation and the state of the world as well as a level of security because of my work and this strange trajectory that seems like it will actually be okay.

its not looking good, im thinking the folks had it hard during the war years and after, and i remember a couple of bad recessions but this has accumilated over the last 2 years, and seems never ending, you feel in a kind of a trance, what with long term covid and people struggling to make ends meet, but the last thing we do, is never give up, just keep going ,,,seanie

its not looking good, im thinking the folks had it hard during the war years and after, and i remember a couple of bad recessions but this has accumilated over the last 2 years, and seems never ending, you feel in a kind of a trance, what with long term covid and people struggling to make ends meet, but the last thing we do, is never give up, just keep going ,,,seanie
Personally, i don't think we've seen the back of Covid (certainly not long covid). I think there is a sting in the tail which might take a few years to manifest but i sense it's coming.

I think its because our economies have been radically altered and its both globally in terms of offshoring and locally where you have the mini-economies built around office workers. A lot of people seem to have had life-altering changes and realizations about work. I think what the FED is doing could break the economy and IMO what they're pursuing is folly. They're putting the squeeze on the people lowest on the rung to get them to take the shitty job nobody wants and to force companies like Amazon and Google to stop plowing money into construction.

I watched a video last night about how the rich of today have are even more out of touch with the typical person than kings, queens and aristocracy of pre-modern times. Will a backlash happen at some point? After the Guilded Age there was the new deal but ever since Reagan we've had nothing.

We're okay but its not easy, we're on one income and the missus has a staggering amount of student loan debt with 2 to 3 more years to go. The US has SLABS which people are concerned are is just the subprime mortgage crisis but for student loans. I don't know how they expect people to pay these off in a world with massively inflated rates.

I understand what you guys mean, there is something that just doesnt feel right but also it doesnt feel like there is anything wrong either. I have this weird feeling of limbo. I have a feel of some trepedation about my financial situation and the state of the world as well as a level of security because of my work and this strange trajectory that seems like it will actually be okay.

Firstly happy that you're okay. Me too. Tuition fees in the US are criminal imo, there actually might be a conspiracy there.

Loved the last paragraph, in many ways mirrors mine. Though my long term financial security is far from assured (unless I go back to dealing with what I refer to as the devil) and possibly that enhances my feeling it might not be OK.

I recall the feeling of being under existential threat of Nuclear war during the cold war, I was very young I hasten to add so didn't understand what was happening. That went away during the mid 80's and really I had no major concerns until the last 5-10 years or so. Why has it returned is a question that bugs me, I prefer not having the feeling "something is not right". Being in limbo for me is already a step backwards from where I was.

During that time it is apparant that people's opinions* have beome more polarized which makes it harder for consensus and cooperation. Would also like to understand why, though not sure I can meet the strict definition of "conspiracy" :grinning:

Edit: *Including my own.

Three things in my head that represent major sources of future instability are China, Ukraine and income/ wealth inequality.

As you say China are quite simply fucked, they have spent years looking more inward in an attempt to grow a middle class and instead they are literally imploding. This will ramp up social pressure and IMO will lead to an invasion of Taiwan in an attempt to divert attention and justify even greater oppression of its own population.

The Ukraine situation is far from over and once the winter is over Russia will be more aggressive and reinvigorated. This will intensify the conflict with NATO countries.

Finally I can only see more social instability in countries like UK, too much wealth polarisation, too many people plunged into destitution and not only is there a government in place that couldn't give two shits but there's a government in place literally putting policies in place to cause this. All recognisable institutions from policing to health are collapsing around us. I can only see this leading to anarchy and riots.

Three things in my head that represent major sources of future instability are China, Ukraine and income/ wealth inequality.

As you say China are quite simply fucked, they have spent years looking more inward in an attempt to grow a middle class and instead they are literally imploding. This will ramp up social pressure and IMO will lead to an invasion of Taiwan in an attempt to divert attention and justify even greater oppression of its own population.

The Ukraine situation is far from over and once the winter is over Russia will be more aggressive and reinvigorated. This will intensify the conflict with NATO countries.

Finally I can only see more social instability in countries like UK, too much wealth polarisation, too many people plunged into destitution and not only is there a government in place that couldn't give two shits but there's a government in place literally putting policies in place to cause this. All recognisable institutions from policing to health are collapsing around us. I can only see this leading to anarchy and riots.

The last part is very UK specific but I fully agree.

I can't see China invading Taiwan though. The risk/reward just isn't there. The US would wipe them out. Mostly, the sabre rattling over Taiwan is coming from the US.

I agree and would add food to it.

It's ok the good people at Davos will be having us eating bugs as previously indicated. Saw a bit on the business news this mornng from there.

Would love to see how many times it was ordered at the restaurants/hotels, bet I couldn't find many who said they hadn't tried them. :grinning:

The FBI now believes that the lab leak is the most likely source of COVID-19.

You don't have to be a genius to see the connection between Wuhan and Covid.

I remember getting told off on here for pointing that out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64806903.amp
Yes gain of function research, specifically on coronaviruses in a lab near the epicentre of the virus always had some degree of plausibility. I’m still not totally convinced but it’s hardly a conspiracy theory either.

It was always funny how some portrayed this position as “racist”. Really quite bizarre stuff.

Yes gain of function research, specifically on coronaviruses in a lab near the epicentre of the virus always had some degree of plausibility. I’m still not totally convinced but it’s hardly a conspiracy theory either.

It was always funny how some portrayed this position as “racist”. Really quite bizarre stuff.

It was when Trump used it along with his other wittering's.

I thought the FBI were already on record as saying effectively 'no proof, but most likely' it was an accidental leak. Can't remember if I commented or not, but I half wondered if that was the 'source' so to speak that the energy department referenced as they re-edited their historical report?

In amongst all the 'it had to be a deliberate leak' guff, which there was plenty of talk about but I don't recall anyone truly locking in on, it was always either natural or accidental as I remember talking about various leaks in the UK over the years.

The new one on me was the claim it was a collaboration lab, it was either you Pangy or BB who posted it a few days back.

The FBI now believes that the lab leak is the most likely source of COVID-19.

You don't have to be a genius to see the connection between Wuhan and Covid.

I remember getting told off on here for pointing that out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64806903.amp
Yes. I remember.

Matt Hancock's leaked WhatsApp messages don't exactly point to some 'conspiracy theories' being wrong either.

I have no idea what was going on or why. But I am convinced something sinister was going on.

Was it from the Wuhan lab, was it made by Gain of Function, did the lab receive funding from the US, and did the lab receive certification for BSL-4 under a cloud, all yes. Have various governments used this to abuse their people, also yes.

The only thing that I don't believe is that it was deliberate. The communication between Beijing and Wuhan wasn't celebratory, it was massively understated problems at the time when the Lab was filing patent after patent for better air filters, disinfectants, and other bio safety things you need for a bio hazard.

The WHO said this had happened before in 2004 with SARS... WTF was it allowed to happen again and why hasn't GoF research on nasty viruses been banned; that's the real conspiracy for me.