Conratulations…….. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Conratulations……..

I’ve been anti Rugby for many years, stemming I think from the comments levelled against us many years ago. It’s stupid really isn’t it.....I’m saying that to myself here!, we are a small town with 2 successful teams and yes it really is time we moved on......life is short....let’s let bygones be bygones as holding grudges does no one any good. I’ll never like Rugby more than my beloved Latics but it’s time to move on.....new owners, new era, new attitude!

My point KDZ was to put your "tiny town" comment in context. Aren't Warrington, St Helens, Castleford, Huddersfield, Wakefield, etc also tiny towns? ?
Wigan's achievement in football is amazing, I agree. In rugby however, they're the equivalent of Man City or Chelsea, or if you like, Real Madrid or Barcelona. Having a few home grown players is the norm for every club....... cos they can't get them from anywhere else.

I'd be surprised if the worriers only paid 10% of their gate receipts for using the stadium.
I haven't read all IECs documents but perhaps the rugby pay rent on top of gate receipts. Plus Whelans company probably takes a cut of all matchday refreshment sales. Just like they do for Latics. Including bars under the South and North stands.
It'll be interesting in 2025 when the worriers lease runs out. Can IEC increase all revenue %s in any new contract signed? Let's face it the rugby have nowhere else to go. So they'd have to accept any increases within reason to continue using the stadium.

you never know rugby league might not exist in 2025 but in 2 years shaun edwards will be team manager then all we will hear is its a rugby town all over again

What latics have achieved in football would be the equivalent of the chubbies competing in the Aussie league and winning a top grade knockout cup over there - no chance
Big fish in a regional pond 2nd rate globally.
Never forget .....!

40k empty seats at wembley and 15k empty seats at OT for their "showpiece" finals.
Games dying on its arse ?

Actually, it was 10K empty seats, of which around 2K are unavailable due to the giant screen. Wigan sold out of their allocation which means that it was either Warrington or the neutrals that didn't show up - probably the train strike put off a lot of neutrals. I dare say a few St Helens' fans who had bought their tickets in expectation of seeing their side triumph didn't bother showing up too! ??

Well done Wigan Warriors - making the town proud again.

My point KDZ was to put your "tiny town" comment in context. Aren't Warrington, St Helens, Castleford, Huddersfield, Wakefield, etc also tiny towns? ?
Wigan's achievement in football is amazing, I agree. In rugby however, they're the equivalent of Man City or Chelsea, or if you like, Real Madrid or Barcelona. Having a few home grown players is the norm for every club....... cos they can't get them from anywhere else.

yes they are tiny towns but the point was non of them have produced 2 teams except us. There are a few cities who have both but have any other UK towns with both a Super League and Football League team (Huddersfield are only one i can think of)? I think it's quite an achievement.

Congratulations must go to Saints, the real winners of the league not just an end of season tournament for four clubs.
Do we get 10% of their gate share for yesterday?
Lodgers on that rent the parasites are more like squatters!!!7

St Helens are not the winners at all. They failed to reach the final so how are they the real winners?jeffs not right

another thred hijacked. i thowt this were abuot congrats to all keeping it civil on the other thred. no wonder this forum as gone to the dogs.

Understood, but they shouldn’t have to reach the ‘final’ of a season long League competition.

Just shows how daft the sport is finish top and your not champions
Mind you they had to do something to extend the season or rugby league season would be over with the blink of an eye

Just shows how daft the sport is finish top and your not champions
Mind you they had to do something to extend the season or rugby league season would be over with the blink of an eye
They used to have the Premiership as a separate competition. Now, with more glory going to the winners of the equivalent of that competition than winning the league, it does seem arse about face.

Went and watched some Ice Hockey on Saturday for the first time. Thoroughly recommend it to anyone who wants to try and a different sport to football in the future. Far more fun to watch than Rugby League.