Conratulations…….. | Vital Football

Conratulations……..

TRUE BELIEVER

Vital Football Hero
…….. to all those who contributed to the political debate that has rightly been moved "off topic".

I would like to extend my thanks to the posters who took part for keeping it clean. It is refreshing to have taken part in a whole 10 pages of discussion on such a devisive subject without anyone feeling the need to be abusive to another poster. A huge pat on the back for all of us. It serves to show that this forum is capable of reasoned adult debate.

Well done everybody.

I concur TB, perhaps the forum has turned the corner. A good debate with reasoned arguments put forward on both sides, just how it should be, without any personal insults. Thankfully no one has taken offence where none was intended this time. 186 posts and going strong, ironically the same number as the previous single market and customs union thread.

Absolutely agreed, a nice little division during the international break but it's probably a good point to wind it down now anyway and get back to the football as it could just go on forever and we'd never all agree on anything.

I'm stunned that it went so many pages without devolving into bickering and remained pretty civil - so well done to all involved for showing the polticians how it can be done. If the whole of society could do that we'd be much better off for it.

Also i didn't realise there was an off topic section!

Absolutely agreed, a nice little division during the international break but it's probably a good point to wind it down now anyway and get back to the football as it could just go on forever and we'd never all agree on anything.

I'm stunned that it went so many pages without devolving into bickering and remained pretty civil - so well done to all involved for showing the polticians how it can be done. If the whole of society could do that we'd be much better off for it.

Also i didn't realise there was an off topic section!

Agreed, but where is the off topic section?

…….. to all those who contributed to the political debate that has rightly been moved "off topic".

I would like to extend my thanks to the posters who took part for keeping it clean. It is refreshing to have taken part in a whole 10 pages of discussion on such a devisive subject without anyone feeling the need to be abusive to another poster. A huge pat on the back for all of us. It serves to show that this forum is capable of reasoned adult debate.

Well done everybody.

TB.....can't believe you nicked my 'thanks' from the original post n started a new post ?.......but I do concur with your sentiments. Well done to all on an interesting debate.

Congratulations to Wigan on winning the grand final tonight. ( and no, I’m not a rugby fan but congratulations where deserved
Hope the horrible shits keep up with their rent payments. The pawltrey sum they pay as our tenants is ridiculous.
Congratulations to Saints for actually winning the League.
Stuff the Warrior shits Charlz, this is a Latics forum.

Jeffs right .....credit where credit is due.I wonder if the Latics players were there watching the final tonight?

Congratulations to Wigan on winning the grand final tonight. ( and no, I’m not a rugby fan but congratulations where deserved

Yep, a tiny town like Wigan the town having 2 success sports teams is a great achievement and one the everyone should be proud of. The origins of the rivalry is of corse understandable but it was so long ago and everyone involved from that time is not there anymore, so i cant see any benefit in hanging onto it. There will always be some who cant let go and will relentlessly hate on the other side (mostly on twitter) but id like to believe they are not reflective of the majority. The rivalry does neither club any good and it would be good to put it well and truly behind us for the benefit of all.

Hold on KDZ. Football and Rugby League are in no way comparable. One is followed all over the UK and worldwide, the other in the M62 corridor, and a few cities in Australasia. They don't have the same following. Full stop. (By the way, I watched the final tonight and was happy with their win).

Hold on KDZ. Football and Rugby League are in no way comparable. One is followed all over the UK and worldwide, the other in the M62 corridor, and a few cities in Australasia. They don't have the same following. Full stop. (By the way, I watched the final tonight and was happy with their win).

Who's comparing them and saying the sports have equal fan bases? All i said is a tiny town producing 2 successful teams is good - Warriors have won so much over their history and just won the Super League Grand Final so they are undoubtedly successful regardless of anything else.

KDZ.....'everyone from that time are no longer there'

Oh really? Well I'm there every week and do are thousands of us who remembers.

They can rot as far as I'm concerned.

Everyone involved from the management - you can't blame fans for the behaviour of their board who haven't been there for decades. Would you be happy if other fans said our club is inherently racist and forever tared the new owners and us fans with that brush due to the stupid comments Whelan made a few years ago? It wouldn't make any sense or be fair would it? Individuals are responsible for their own actions and the sins of the father should not be held against the sons forever. Surley its time to move on, when you're a small town with a tiny fan base the last thing you want to do is alienate any potential fans. No one is expecting the people still bitter on either side to start going the others games and cheering them on, but there seems to be no benefit or reason holding onto animosity after all these years.