Congratulations from the Fishy | Page 2 | Vital Football

Congratulations from the Fishy

Really Luke Imp? Given the population of Gy and Clee is larger than Lincoln I would say we have every bit the potential. Nice of you boys to be thinking of your more famous neighbours on the day you achieve promotion though! Priceless!
This thread was a reaction to a thread started on the fishy fantasy forum!!

Really Luke Imp? Given the population of Gy and Clee is larger than Lincoln I would say we have every bit the potential. Nice of you boys to be thinking of your more famous neighbours on the day you achieve promotion though! Priceless!
I refer to my previous post, classless supporters!

Our 11 divisional championships certainly confirm the lack of success.

Assuming 11th is soon upon us, what are the other 10?
I can think of three Div3(N)s, about to be two Div4/Lge2s, 2 Conferences, 1 Midland Lge.
So guess several Midland League titles?
Really not sure on those early seasons.
Football Alliance prior to founding League Division Two ??

I refer to my previous post, classless supporters!

I've never understood the need to go on the forums of other clubs, maybe someone could explain the psychology of it?

Those that try to engage in banter are invariably complete dickheads. Those who "come in peace" are sickening Uriah Heep types.

Either way, they rob the rest of us of all the joy from Fish meltdowns.

I've never understood the need to go on the forums of other clubs, maybe someone could explain the psychology of it?

Those that try to engage in banter are invariably complete dickheads. Those who "come in peace" are sickening Uriah Heep types.

Either way, they rob the rest of us of all the joy from Fish meltdowns.

Absolutely.

The Fishy's self-induced feeding frenzy's are always the best.

The moral is, watch don't touch.

Aside from BP's capacity being less than we average at the minute, at the last count, Lincoln has a higher population than Grimsby and I suspect Lincoln + surrounding areas have a higher population than Grimsby + surrounding areas.

I don't know whether the latter is the case, mind.

You've always had a really solid core support, but it doesn't fluctuate much.

Assuming 11th is soon upon us, what are the other 10?
1889-90 Midland League
1908-09 Midland League
1911-12 Central League
1920-21 Midland League
1931-32 Third Division North
1947-48 Third Division North
1951-52 Third Division North
1975-76 Fourth Division
1987-88 GM Vauxhall Conference
2016-17 National League
2018-19 League Two (imminent)

It will be our twelfth promotion, excluding when the Second Division was formed by taking over the Football Alliance. All but two have been as champions.

Ad as Danny alluded to the other day with his county thing comment, a lot of our support comes from rural Lincs.

No doubt as we become more successful, the more floating football refugees we will attract. Problem is now we have nowhere to put them.

Dear salty fishboy,

Cod are known to shoal, but there's far fewer of them around these days and future projections look very bleak. You're a critically endangered species.

How's it going down there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is an interesting one:

"Agree Scunny is and always as been our closest and fiercest rivals"

Scunny have only been a league Club since 1950 and the Cods haven't played them in the League since 1990.

Its a bit strange when one considers a club with Grimbsy's illustrious history and back pages of playing in the higher echelons of English football for over a century their fiercest rivals are the Scunts. I would have thought it would have been Liverpool or Arsenal, fool me.

Last edited:
Here is an interesting one:

"Agree Scunny is and always as been our closest and fiercest rivals"

Scunny have only been in a league Club since 1950 and the Cods haven't played them in the League since 1990.

Its a bit strange when one considers a club with Grimbsy's illustrious history and back pages of playing in the higher echelons of English football for over a century their fiercest rivals are the Scunts. I would have thought it would have been Liverpool or Arsenal, fool me.

Your point is well taken. I thought their fierce rivals were Hull and the Sheffield clubs?