Congratulations from the Fishy | Vital Football

Congratulations from the Fishy

Some are finding it a little hard to swallow (below). In fact I don't think I have ever read such a begrudging collection of congratulations, but I will accept them all with good grace and thanks regardless,

Happy to admit i am envious of their progress as should we all be....and we should be looking to our boardroom to find out why.

Hope it all goes wrong from now on for them though all the same as i hate their style, tactics and classless personalities of their managers.

It's remarkably good natured considering, I applaud the humour such as
"Lincolns biggest outlay over the past couple of seasons has been Matt Rhead butchers bill"

Their fanbase seems still to be all over the place in their acceptance of the way things are now. Whilst a few have made it all the way through to acceptance, there's still a lot stalled in denial, anger or depression.

From here in the Peoples Republic of South Yorks I can hear the Fishheads wailing and gnashing of teeth!. Remember how the finfingered gits gloated when they left us behind in the Conference!?.

It's remarkably good natured considering, I applaud the humour such as
"Lincolns biggest outlay over the past couple of seasons has been Matt Rhead butchers bill"

Their fanbase seems still to be all over the place in their acceptance of the way things are now. Whilst a few have made it all the way through to acceptance, there's still a lot stalled in denial, anger or depression.

I sense that there is a Psychology Doctorate to be had out of this,

'A study in group denial and differential acceptance amongst the Fishy - an Impish phenomenon'

Very much enjoyed this exchange:

"I think the difference, though, is that no matter how much is invested into our team, we’ll never get 8,000 season ticket sales unless we’re in The Premiership. Lincoln has pretty much never had success before, so the city has gone football crazy. Grimsby has ALWAYS been a football crazy town, but loads of us remember pretty good times from the 90’s and earlier, making League 2 football only palatable to around 4,000 of us. I’m not sure how we could replicate what Lincoln have done really, other than get that stadium built. I think that’s the only way.

Mind you, you could possibly link Lincoln’s success stemming purely from their FA Cup run - maybe THAT’S what we need?"

"If Grimsby was such a football crazy town, why can I remember gates of 4k in the second tier?"

"I did say ‘football’ crazy, not necessarily Grimsby Town crazy."

On reflection looking at the stage forum I would like to see them lose to forest green rovers in front of the lowest crowd in playoff history

In light of their 'praise' of our achievement in promotion and effectively sealing the title I would like to say well done to Grimsby for achieving the magic 50 point mark and be mathematically safe, and done with four games still to play. Wonderful stuff of which they should be so proud

Jolley good show.

Very much enjoyed this exchange:

"I think the difference, though, is that no matter how much is invested into our team, we’ll never get 8,000 season ticket sales unless we’re in The Premiership. Lincoln has pretty much never had success before, so the city has gone football crazy. Grimsby has ALWAYS been a football crazy town, but loads of us remember pretty good times from the 90’s and earlier, making League 2 football only palatable to around 4,000 of us. I’m not sure how we could replicate what Lincoln have done really, other than get that stadium built. I think that’s the only way.

Mind you, you could possibly link Lincoln’s success stemming purely from their FA Cup run - maybe THAT’S what we need?"

"If Grimsby was such a football crazy town, why can I remember gates of 4k in the second tier?"

"I did say ‘football’ crazy, not necessarily Grimsby Town crazy."
The first post is certainly a fair point and something I've mentioned before.

Grimsby probably have a higher core support (we'll not know what ours now is until we hit a rocky patch) but there's no way that Grimsby have the potential to pull in the crowds we do now.

Really Luke Imp? Given the population of Gy and Clee is larger than Lincoln I would say we have every bit the potential. Nice of you boys to be thinking of your more famous neighbours on the day you achieve promotion though! Priceless!