Congratulations Clive | Vital Football

Congratulations Clive

Nates and Bates!

Interesting choice. I know Clive spends a lot of time over here, but he will in effect be a non-resident Chair. Not a biggy in my opinion, but unusual, perhaps.

Echo everyone else. There really was no other suitable candidate, although it's nice to see Roger Bates as Vice Chairman. Congratulations both!  :clap::clap::clap:

Great news and both great people ! I believe we couldnt be in greater hands as we move up the football league with Danny and Nicky!

How much cash has Clive really injected?He invested a reasonable amount of money at a time we appointed the Cowley's. Was he behind the appointment?Given recent financial disclosure re leage one and two is he going to invest enough long term given we are now using income earned at the moment? The finances via how much does football cost are startling. Now I will contradict myself!Do we want a south African who made his money from gambling on the stock market and adding no value to society as our investor. Does anyone know his true values? Happy he has joined but feel very ambivalent in the short term. I am hoping he is going to spend a lot of money but some of the praise is premature until we see his investment over the next three years?

"Clive and his partners continue to invest in the club through Sportvest and a further injection of funds will be made ahead of the forthcoming season" - that sounds like ongoing investment to me.

Nates and Bates!

Interesting choice. I know Clive spends a lot of time over here, but he will in effect be a non-resident Chair. Not a biggy in my opinion, but unusual, perhaps.

He can run the show from anywhere with technology as it is as I am sure you know without me preaching.

A perfect choice for me. Roger bleeds red and white and the blue and white in the veins of Clive is fast changing colour.

Congratulations to the both of them.

"Do we want a south African who made his money from gambling on the stock market and adding no value to society as our investor. "

Please tell us what nationalities would be suitable for you as chairman, and what career path of that person would also be acceptable?

In over five years of reading this board, your post was just about the most objectionable I have ever read, even going back to the Michael Foley days.