CONFIRMED... | Page 5 | Vital Football

CONFIRMED...

Calvin Plummer - 19/5/2017 18:49

MarvinsPA - 19/5/2017 16:11

I wonder if anyone grasps the irony of repeatedly using the same copy & paste 'joke'?

LBL used to be his own man but since Banger returned he's constantly craved his approval. Sad to see but I guess some people are naturally subservient.

ABSOLUTELY THIS +1

Calvin Plummer - 19/5/2017 18:49

MarvinsPA - 19/5/2017 16:11

I wonder if anyone grasps the irony of repeatedly using the same copy & paste 'joke'?

LBL used to be his own man but since Banger returned he's constantly craved his approval. Sad to see but I guess some people are naturally subservient.

I give you 3 games sitting next to me next season before you succumb to my charms you whirlwind of sauce.

Pope John XXIII - 19/5/2017 19:00

Bremen Tree - 19/5/2017 18:27

Pope John XXIII - 19/5/2017 17:16

radfordinlondon - 19/5/2017 17:04

Pope John XXIII - 19/5/2017 14:14

Sniffer Dog - 19/5/2017 08:11

People I have spoken to today here in Greece more or less all telling me the same thing.
'You'll be in the PL in two years'.
Music to my ears.

Sounds nice.

But with respect, what on earth do people in Greece know about the Championship or gaining promotion to the PL?

U wud b surprised pope- they love their football and watch plenty. Probably better educated than most of us cos they watch the German and Spanish leagues too. Forest still has its own greek supporters club. running national economies and paying tax.are not their strongest features but they know their football.

Sorry, I just doubt the authority of these random generic Greek people in declaring that we'll be promoted in two years.

Aside from the fact the statement is patently bollocks, it assumes a level of knowledge that simply wont exist.

I take a keen interest in world football but know nothing about the second divisions of any leagues aside from who the teams are. Even if I could watch the games, how would I gain real experience of what it takes without following those teams?

I watch conference and league two games when they are on but can't claim I know what it takes to win promotion.

And you need luck to go from staying up on goal difference to promotion in just two years

My gosh you are a miserable so and so.

I seem to remember Brighton only just avoided relegation in 2014/15 and next season they will be in the prem.

Saying that we wont definitely be in the premier league in two years time makes me miserable?

Can I introduce you to planet earth?

Brighton have done exceedingly we'll, although a fair bit of money has gone into it as well. And they have been lucky, as any club that rises so rapidly is; lucky with form of players, the way players click, with injuries etc.

Don't know if you've noticed but this is a hard league. In 16 seasons we haven't gotten within a dozen points of promotion.

You can offer all the Burnley's and Brighton's you like but those are clubs that took their chance while it was there and this division is a graveyard of clubs that didn't. We beat one 3-0 last week

Your still a miserable so and so.

Bremen Tree - 19/5/2017 20:14

People I have spoken to today here in Greece more or less all telling me the same thing.
Music to my ears.

Sounds nice.

But with respect, what on earth do people in Greece know about the Championship or gaining promotion to the PL?

U wud b surprised pope- they love their football and watch plenty. Probably better educated than most of us cos they watch the German and Spanish leagues too. Forest still has its own greek supporters club. running national economies and paying tax.are not their strongest features but they know their football.

Sorry, I just doubt the authority of these random generic Greek people in declaring that we'll be promoted in two years.

Aside from the fact the statement is patently bollocks, it assumes a level of knowledge that simply wont exist.

I take a keen interest in world football but know nothing about the second divisions of any leagues aside from who the teams are. Even if I could watch the games, how would I gain real experience of what it takes without following those teams?

I watch conference and league two games when they are on but can't claim I know what it takes to win promotion.

And you need luck to go from staying up on goal difference to promotion in just two years

I seem to remember Brighton only just avoided relegation in 2014/15 and next season they will be in the prem.

Saying that we wont definitely be in the premier league in two years time makes me miserable?

Brighton have done exceedingly we'll, although a fair bit of money has gone into it as well. And they have been lucky, as any club that rises so rapidly is; lucky with form of players, the way players click, with injuries etc.

Don't know if you've noticed but this is a hard league. In 16 seasons we haven't gotten within a dozen points of promotion.

You can offer all the Burnley's and Brighton's you like but those are clubs that took their chance while it was there and this division is a graveyard of clubs that didn't. We beat one 3-0 last week

Coming from someone whose only contributions to this forum is telling other posters what not to say

Pope John XXIII - 19/5/2017 20:29

Bremen Tree - 19/5/2017 20:14

Music to my ears.

Sounds nice.

Coming from someone whose only contributions to this forum is telling other posters what not to say

Point proven

Too late to find the thread where I was picked out as one of about 3 who doubted Marinakis.

If what we were told then is true - yes, get rid (but too late for that now!).

However - he says its all rubbish , spouted by a jealous rival.

Since nothing has been proved, I'm happy to endorse the takeover.

Will have one ear cocked for damning stuff, but his opening address bodes well.

Just been reading this Arsenal blog below on Alisher Usmanov takeover bid, which is kinda relevant to the present situation at Forest, it's relevant because for those not aware Usmanov form makes EM look a saint.

From the article...

…….The moral quandaries are, however, going to be part and parcel of football in the future. As fans – and I mean fans everywhere, not just Arsenal – we can be fluid about what is and isn’t acceptable as long as it brings us success.

When you’re dealing with billionaires and billions of pounds, there are always going to be issues. Who has that kind of money? How did they make it? Where does the money come from? At whose expense were those fortunes made? Oligarchs, wealth funds, oil money, it would be very rare to find someone willing to spend £2bn on a football club who wouldn’t raise questions. I’m not aware of any Arsenal supporting philanthropists with that kind of cash, that’s for sure.

Is that simply a reality we have to accept and get on with? Perhaps. Does it make it easy to deal with? If your only concern is seeing Arsenal or any other football club win trophies, then it probably is. If you have some kind of  conscience, perhaps not, but do you keep up with the Jonses, or look on enviously from the moral high ground? Each individual has to make their own judgement on that…….

http://arseblog.com/2017/05/usmanov-bid-could-spark-others-to-come-forward-and-turbulent-times-at-board-level/

Alisher Usmanov, potential Arsenal chairman, is a Vicious Thug, Criminal, Racketeer, Heroin Trafficker and Accused Rapist
https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2007/09/alisher_usmanov/