CONFIRMED... | Page 3 | Vital Football

CONFIRMED...

Jimmy - BB has more potential than Bamford and has more to his game.

As for the Greek fella.

He is clearly a doer and not a talker. He appoints people who he trusts, people who are successful and do things as he believes should be done. He has not made ridiculous promises, he has not set targets that serve no purpose and he has not set himself up for a fall.

He is not a "life long" Forest fan, he is a hard headed business man with a passion for football. I doubt we will see him more than a couple of times a season.

The CVs of his senior team are as good as it gets.

Let;s see what the future brings, it simply cannot be as bad as it was under Fawaz.

Last season even with all the shambles at the club we still beat both teams that comfortably got automatic promotion. And we still averaged 20k crowds

So that tells me what might be possible with a club run professionally

I don't trust EM. Too many false dawns with successive terrible owners, but I am prepared to wait and see before I reform the doom @@@@rel brigade.

Initial club statement seems positive at least. :14:

when fawaz took over there was a ceo etc already filled. marinakis needed to fill these positions...but they look very impressive. I feel more confident listening to him, he seems to know what he is doing. I don't want to get too ahead of myself because the last 5 years have been horrific. Lets get behind this man and the team and see what we can achieve again.

Teams like Bournemouth, hull, Burnley etc should not be in the premier league whilst we languish close to league 1. Teams like Burton Albion should not be on a par with us.

Finally have hope once again.

People I have spoken to today here in Greece more or less all telling me the same thing.
'You'll be in the PL in two years'.
Music to my ears.

Although i obviously wouldn't turn my nose up at a prem return I'll just be delighted if we can mould into a decent championship side and be competitive at the right end of the league for a change.
Become a team that other teams fear on the fixture list and more importantly become a club we can be proud of again.
Fingers crossed.

Sniffer Dog - 19/5/2017 08:11

People I have spoken to today here in Greece more or less all telling me the same thing.
Music to my ears.

Easily said though that isn't it. i think most of these foreign owners think that all they have to do is walk in, throw a few quid at it and Bob's your uncle.

The way the finances work these days every year that goes by it becomes harder for non parachute teams to get out the division.

The championship must be one of the most competitive and demanding leagues in professional football.

orbitalforest - 19/5/2017 10:51

Although i obviously wouldn't turn my nose up at a prem return I'll just be delighted if we can mould into a decent championship side and be competitive at the right end of the league for a change.
Become a team that other teams fear on the fixture list and more importantly become a club we can be proud of again.
Fingers crossed.

Totally agree, but in the long run we must get back into the EPL. And I think that with this set up we can do it. Not today or tomorrow but it's on the horizon.

Music to my ears.

Sounds nice.

But with respect, what on earth do people in Greece know about the Championship or gaining promotion to the PL?

paplane - 19/5/2017 12:01

Music to my ears.

Easily said though that isn't it. i think most of these foreign owners think that all they have to do is walk in, throw a few quid at it and Bob's your uncle.

The way the finances work these days every year that goes by it becomes harder for non parachute teams to get out the division.

The championship must be one of the most competitive and demanding leagues in professional football.

Every season people say it's getting harder & harder to compete because of the Parachute payments for relegation, & every season teams like Wigan, Blackburn, QPR, Villa & Norwich come down & struggle because it is such a competitive league.

The finance from parachute payments is only an advantage if used properly, they very rarely are. Finance is largely irrelevant, continuity to a plan of action is what gets you promoted, a quality a goal scorer helps too.

Pope John XXIII - 19/5/2017 14:14

Music to my ears.

Sounds nice.

But with respect, what on earth do people in Greece know about the Championship or gaining promotion to the PL?

Nothing, although the would certainly have a much clearer view of Marinakis' mind set & ability to succeed in whichever area he chooses to throw himself into.

Burnley got promoted first time round having spent 300k in the summer transfer window.

They have an irish centre half kevin Long playing in the premier league only on 2k a week basic. how much would we be paying the likes of Perquis not to even make the bench?

MarvinsPA - 19/5/2017 14:14

Music to my ears.

Every season people say it's getting harder & harder to compete because of the Parachute payments for relegation, & every season teams like Wigan, Blackburn, QPR, Villa & Norwich come down & struggle because it is such a competitive league.

The finance from parachute payments is only an advantage if used properly, they very rarely are. Finance is largely irrelevant, continuity to a plan of action is what gets you promoted, a quality a goal scorer helps too.

Spot on... parachute payments are to held clubs realign their budgets, all the evidence suggests they're utterly irrelevant to promotion.

Calvin Plummer - 19/5/2017 14:32

Music to my ears.

Spot on... parachute payments are to held clubs realign their budgets, all the evidence suggests they're utterly irrelevant to promotion.

You keep arguing that it's not having an effect and I'm sorry, you're wrong.

It's having a massive effect on the division, but you are correct that it doesn't always buy success.

The PP payments are warping the transfer system in this division horribly. Good championship players are nearly out of our price range now. Good Championship reared talent is now starting at £8m-£10m and paying £12m-£15m is becoming fairly common.

That's PP payments.

What clubs have done is become far more effective at buying from lower leagues, developing their own or picking up discarded PL players that can step up in this league.

Thats all fine, but we can't argue that there has been no effect.

Kodjia and Hogan last season cost x3 what they would have done ten years ago

Pope John XXIII - 19/5/2017 14:41

Calvin Plummer - 19/5/2017 14:32

Music to my ears.

You keep arguing that it's not having an effect and I'm sorry, you're wrong.

It's having a massive effect on the division, but you are correct that it doesn't always buy success.

The PP payments are warping the transfer system in this division horribly. Good championship players are nearly out of our price range now. Good Championship reared talent is now starting at £8m-£10m and paying £12m-£15m is becoming fairly common.

That's PP payments.

What clubs have done is become far more effective at buying from lower leagues, developing their own or picking up discarded PL players that can step up in this league.

Thats all fine, but we can't argue that there has been no effect.

Kodjia and Hogan last season cost x3 what they would have done ten years ago

Every footballer costs three times more now than they did 10 years ago, but I was speaking of our chances of promotion, not the transfer system, that's also irrelevant to your chances of promotion.