Cladwell XI v Tinkermans XVI | Page 5 | Vital Football

Cladwell XI v Tinkermans XVI

Shaun Maloney, Exeter City (A) FA Cup Reaction

It has been leveled at Shaun after his post match comments this season that he saw a different game to the rest of us, but today i could have written that response from him, he has it spot on, we have faults but we are a young side that is learning. They will get things wrong, as will Shaun many more time this season but the future looks very rosy at the moment, lets just hope we can keep this sides confidence level up as they grow.

I am sorry but many facets of this post is spectacularly wrong, Rekik never got to grips with Whildschut, as I said previously he just drifted out of the game either through fatigue or frustration at his own faults, as for the rubbish you always seem to resort to in your hatred of Richardson, for the majority of the two games we have played against Exeter we have sat with a back 6 and 2 defensive midfielders, we constantly gave the ball away in fact we have been shocking, we never saw that sort of performance under Richardson, despite being up against teams 10 times as good as Exeter are, there was no real quality on show from us, and performances like these two games against better teams will see us coming unstuck.

I made it clear I listened on Latics player and was sharing what they said directly in the first 2 paragraps and opinion on what they said subsequently. If you think that's wrong fair enough but you'll have to take it up with the Latics commentary team as they said how well Rekik did at coming to grips with Yanic.

Regarding my supposed 'resorted to hatred of Richardson' - more like your hypersensitivity and hypobolic response to his name being mention. Like last week when you were giving it large claiming he was starting Humphrys regularly and failing when i said he wasnt given a chance and you went completely missing once the facts were pointed out.

Im not sure if many who felt our promotions winning season under Richardson was sexy football. It was battling with our quality of players winning us games - it's not hatred to notice that.

Does anyone else enjoy sitting back and chuckling over Frank's ever more ludicrous efforts to not give one solitary iota of credit to the manager, whilst at the same time, he's still chuffed we've won?

Wonderful. 😂
Slagging a Manager off whose been a legend for the club, has stayed loyal to the club in our darkest hour, has built a team we can be proud of despite having nowt to spend and has promoted more academy graduates than any single manager in our history. Yes he is young and will make mistakes but we need to put our trust in him. Hes doing a fine job.

With Jones and Aasgard being used in different positions and performing well I think perhaps it will happen with other players too throughout the season. Maloney has faced some criticism (and rightly so) but one thing I would say is that he’s improving some of the players individually and spotting things that others haven’t been able to see.

I made it clear I listened on Latics player and was sharing what they said directly in the first 2 paragraps and opinion on what they said subsequently. If you think that's wrong fair enough but you'll have to take it up with the Latics commentary team as they said how well Rekik did at coming to grips with Yanic.

Regarding my supposed 'resorted to hatred of Richardson' - more like your hypersensitivity and hypobolic response to his name being mention. Like last week when you were giving it large claiming he was starting Humphrys regularly and failing when i said he wasnt given a chance and you went completely missing once the facts were pointed out.

Im not sure if many who felt our promotions winning season under Richardson was sexy football. It was battling with our quality of players winning us games - it's not hatred to notice that.
Are you naive enough to think tommy gore and the other commentator give an unbiased view, as I said and others have confirmed on other social media platforms Whildschut tired and hit a brick wall, Reckik who entered the fray in the 19th minute did not tame him in any way, look a Caldwells post match interview if you doubt it.

We are just 12 months since Richardson left and over 18 months since we won the league so why do you keep harping on about his faults, you have an obsessive aversion to any success he brought us and react with an enormous amount of "hypersensitivity" if questioned over your feelings towards him.
As for "sexy flowing football" and your claim we saw none under LR, well I will let you into a secret, it is the third tier and nobody plays that football, or if they try to, achieve nothing from it, irrespective of anything, we saw winning and exciting football far more than anything the stuff you claim was the norm.

"Going missing" ? I had my say, and read yours, I didn't disappear I had had other things to occupy my time and thoughts, I also wasn't giving it large, whatever that means, I may have over estimated the starts Humphreys made but the point I made was, in my opinion, he did not step up to the plate on any opportunity he was given, however, it is rich coming from you, someone who is that full of their own self importance they think a radio commentary they listened to gives the right to think he is right, could that be considered "giving it large"

Last edited:
One thing that has been clear in the aftermath of our recent meetings with Exeter - Maloney has class, Caldwell is a prick. He ruined his reputation at the club with his comments after the first meeting and wasn’t able to congratulate us after either game. Absolute bellend.

Are you naive enough to think tommy gore and the other commentator give an unbiased view, as I said an others have confirmed on other social media platforms Whildschut tired and hit a brick wall, Reckik who entered the fray in the 19th minute did not tame him in any way, look a Caldwells post match interview if you doubt it.

We are just 12 months since Richardson left and over 18 moths since we won the league so why do you keep harping on about his faults, you have an obsessive aversion to any success he brought us and react with a n enormous amount of "hypersensitivity" if questioned over your feelings towards him.
As for "sexy flowing football" and your claim we saw none under LR, well I will let you into a secret, it is the third tier and nobody plays that football, or if they try to, achieve nothing from it, irrespective of anything, we saw winning and exciting football far more than anything the stuff you claim was the norm.

"Going missing" ? I had my say, and read yours, I didn't disappear I had had other things to occupy my time and thoughts, I also wasn't giving it large, whatever that means, I may have over estimated the starts Humphreys made but the point I made was, in my opinion, he did not step up to the plate on any opportunity he was given, however, it is rich coming from you, someone who is that full of their own self importance they think a radio commentary they listened to gives the right to think he is right, could that be considered "giving it large"

I don't think sharing what Latics player commentators said is an act of self importance, it's just reporting what our coverage was like for those who only had the Exeter perspective from BBC Devon. It's about as self important as you or anyone else sharing your own opinions on the game.

Of course our commentary team have a wigan bias but I'm not expecting them to make stuff up either. When they complimented Rekik they weren't saying he came on and had Yanic in his back pocket from the first second they said he worked out how to deal with him as the game went on. They felt he deserved credit, you don't - that's cool it's just the nature of the game people see things differently, it doesn't mean their opinion is disingenuous.

Where is my hypersensitivity about Richardson, you're the one who's had a go at me twice for passing comments that weren't even nasty about him. So how is it me and not you being hypersensitive about him?

I said last week based on their current excellent form it's very disappointing Humps and Jones hadn't been given a chance before now as they are clearly good enough for this level - hardly controversial but that bothered you enough to accuse me of hating Richardson. My point was correct they weren't given a proper run of starts, we know some players need a run of starts to find their form - it's not hating to state this.

Then today I say it sounded like it was a battle with our quality breaking the deadlock like often happened under Richardson - hardly a controversial thing to say but that upset you too. You ask why I didn't use a more recent example? Because last year in the Championship there were no examples of tight games our superior quality broke the deadlock. Prior to Maloney, Richardson was our most recent manager if you dont count the losing streak of Toure. We had lot's of performances like that also in L1 title winning seasons under Cook and Caldwell too as that's often what happens in those seasons and your better players win you games - it's not hating to point that out. But that was about 6 and 8 years ago so I'm not going to site older references when there are more recent ones to say ling exactly the same thing. If I did site Cook or Caldwell instead, it also wouldn't be hate.

As for you saying no one plays good passing football at this level, Oxford did just that the other night, Charlton played some good stuff and even we did earlier this season too. We saw a few play some good stuff last time we were in L1 too. The division has a variety to it, some are mostly long ball, some are mostly pass and move and many are somewhere between. But it's disingenuous to say no one can play good stuff at this level as we've got direct recent examples of it.

Not everything you disagree with is hate. Just a different opinion.

Last edited:
What was BBC Radio Devon's take on what should have been a red card when Godo got pole axed when through on goal? (one on one)

What was BBC Radio Devon's take on what should have been a red card when Godo got pole axed when through on goal? (one on one)
They thought their mon was very lucky, but thought he got lenient treatment cos of the distance from goal.

I did say this (first part) earlier in the thread.