Cladwell XI v Tinkermans XVI | Page 4 | Vital Football

Cladwell XI v Tinkermans XVI

Does anyone else enjoy sitting back and chucking over Frank's ever more ludicrous efforts to not give one solitary iota of credit to the manager, whilst at the same time, he's still chuffed we've won?

Wonderful. 😂

I think he's really a closet happy clapper. ;)

Does anyone else enjoy sitting back and chucking over Frank's ever more ludicrous efforts to not give one solitary iota of credit to the manager, whilst at the same time, he's still chuffed we've won?

Wonderful. 😂
Who said I'm chuffed? I would have been chuffed had that team today had beaten Charlton the other night and Maloney would have rested players today and keep them fresh for Tuesday against Posh.

Who said I'm chuffed? I would have been chuffed had that team today had beaten Charlton the other night and Maloney would have rested players today and keep them fresh for Tuesday against Posh.
Sorry mate ... it was presumptuous of me to think you might be chuffed seeing as we're in the next round of the cup.

I suppose I should have allowed for the fact that you'd cut your nose off to spite your face.
👀

Latics player assessment was we scored against the run of play though Jordan Jones providing Aasgaard a tap in. The goal seemed to give us confidence and kill theirs and we were the better side for the rest of the game.

By the end we were worthy winners and it seemed like the introduction of Rekik helped us to eventually get to grips with Yanic and once we did they didn't have a huge amount of creativity.

My interpretation from listening, was Exeter play decent football but are very poor at putting the ball in the net. When we got at their defence they struggled but we were guilty of probably being overly cautious for large parts of the game and not pressing them as high and backing off and giving them too much time and space with the ball. While not being positive in our own right and being slow to get forward in numbers.

It sounded a bit like many of the games in the Richardson title winning season, limited opposition on top for much of the game but our individual quality eventually found a moment of magic to get the goal and see us through.

It's never bad to win, but I'm not really that bothered about the cup generally, but after the Charlton fiasco I think it was important to bounce back with a win today. To ensure we didn't let the momentum and confidence fade any further with back to back loses. It's super annoying we didn't start that side in the league and rest them today if we had to rest them at all but let's just hope that the lesson has well and truly been learned by Maloney.

Ideal scenario for me is get a big prem club away and make a decent amount of money. When we drew Man U away about 8 years ago Sharpe said we made 1.2m out of that one game. That's exactly what I want.

Last edited:
Exeter twice, Shrewsbury and Oxford all 2-0 wins.
All games started with Humphs and Godo.
Charlton and we go 3-0 down at half time after they are dropped. Bring them on and second half score 2 to Charlton's nil.
Coincidence ???

Latics player assessment was we scored against the run of play though Jordan Jones providing Aasgaard a tap in. The goal seemed to give us confidence and kill theirs and we were the better side for the rest of the game.

By the end we were worthy winners and it seemed like the introduction of Rekik helped us to eventually get to grips with Yanic and once we did they didn't have a huge amount of creativity.

My interpretation from listening, was Exeter play decent football but are very poor at putting the ball in the net. When we got at their defence they struggled but we were guilty of probably being overly cautious for large parts of the game and not pressing them as high and backing off and giving them too much time and space with the ball. While not being positive in our own right and being slow to get forward in numbers.

It sounded a bit like many of the games in the Richardson title winning season, limited opposition on top for much of the game but our individual quality eventually found a moment of magic to get the goal and see us through.

It's never bad to win, but I'm not really that bothered about the cup generally, but after the Charlton fiasco I think it was important to bounce back with a win today. To ensure we didn't let the momentum and confidence fade any further with back to back loses. It's super annoying we didn't start that side in the league and rest them today if we had to rest them at all but let's just hope that the lesson has well and truly been learned by Maloney.
I am sorry but many facets of this post is spectacularly wrong, Rekik never got to grips with Whildschut, as I said previously he just drifted out of the game either through fatigue or frustration at his own faults, as for the rubbish you always seem to resort to in your hatred of Richardson, for the majority of the two games we have played against Exeter we have sat with a back 6 and 2 defensive midfielders, we constantly gave the ball away in fact we have been shocking, we never saw that sort of performance under Richardson, despite being up against teams 10 times as good as Exeter are, there was no real quality on show from us, and performances like these two games against better teams will see us coming unstuck.

Exeter twice, Shrewsbury and Oxford all 2-0 wins.
All games started with Humphs and Godo.
Charlton and we go 3-0 down at half time after they are dropped. Bring them on and second half score 2 to Charlton's nil.
Coincidence ???
Humphreys was not at the races today, but then again we found it difficult to give him enough ball.

Who would’ve thought that Aasgard and Jordan Jones would become 2 of our most important players a few weeks ago? Jones is playing a really important role in driving the team forward from left wing back and Aasgard seems to have finally found a position as a false 9.
Jones was excellent today, Aasgaard looks quality at time but needs to get more involved, I would have Jones as MOM other than perhaps Morrisson who I really rate and seems to get better every time I see him, all our other defenders also deserve a mention none of them cam be accused of shirking or failing to put their bodies on the line.

We needed that Win today, to get some confidence back in the team before we play Mrs Bucket's team the Posh on Tues.

Well done to all concerned and i'm glad the Latics fans are coming home with a Win.

Despite my answer to King, I do think we were much better today than the game 2 weeks ago, I don't like our defensive set up as it gave Exeter far more of the game than they deserved, and I honestly despair at the ease we give the ball away and hoof it up field to no one, it constantly let the Exeter defenders play in midfield and push us deeper and deeper, in the end though I didn't for one moment think we were in serious trouble on anything other than odd occasions, I know we have players who can keep possession as we have all seen it we just need someone who can keep hold of the ball for that extra few seconds and perhaps move with it, this is an area we have not been comfortable with since Matty Smith was injured and hopefully we can find someone to do this job.

All in all we did deserve to win and it is another clean sheet so I will give Maloney the plaudits for that, he like our team in general are learning and he seems to have done what all managers set up to do with new teams, make u hard to beat, once that is sorted other things that perhaps I am complaining about can be addressed.

Last edited: