Cladwell XI v Tinkermans XVI | Vital Football

Cladwell XI v Tinkermans XVI

Team today:
Latics: Tickle, Clare, Hughes, Morrison, Sessegnon, Adeeko, S. Smith, Jones, Aasgaard, Godo, Humphrys.

Subs: Amos (GK), Rekik, Pearce, Shaw, J.Smith, McManaman, Lang, Stones, Magennis.

Just the one change from the side that beat Shrewsbury with Scott Smith in for Liam Shaw

Team today:
Latics: Tickle, Clare, Hughes, Morrison, Sessegnon, Adeeko, S. Smith, Jones, Aasgaard, Godo, Humphrys.

Subs: Amos (GK), Rekik, Pearce, Shaw, J.Smith, McManaman, Lang, Stones, Magennis.

Just the one change from the side that beat Shrewsbury with Scott Smith in for Liam Shaw
We've played Charlton since Shrewsbury. :slap:

Team today:

Slightly ironic given the thread title. Reminds me of the old tale of Pablo the sheep shagger !

• Exeter City v Latics

• Latics make four changes from the midweek defeat against Charlton Athletic

• Steven Sessegnon, Scott Smith, Martial Godo and Stephen Humphrys all return to the starting line-up at St James Park.
There you go TB.

I suspect that there were plans to change the team but the Charlton selection fiasco caused a massive rethink. As I said earlier in the week I expected us to go full strength as we will now be trying to repair the self inflicted damage to the momentum and confidence. As I bet we're terrified of slipping into another bad run.

It's absolutely ridiculous that we rested players in the league but went full strength in the less important cup game. We must be the only team in the country who did this. Prime example of the double think that happens when you try and be too clever for your own good and create problems where there was non.

Surprised by the strength of the starting line, given he deliberately weakened it for a league game. Be disappointing not to come away with the win, the last thing we need is another Tuesday night fixture in a replay.

My first post was on the FA Cup thread as I hadn't noticed this one, anyway first 15 mins they hammered us, we were shocking and Clare looks like he has done his hamstring or twisted a knee, he tried to carry on but was taken off, after that we have stopped giving the ball away and looked alot better, they are still pushing us back but we are coping.

We give too many silly free kicks away in dangerous areas, Tickle just made a brilliant save from a header, from a free kick.